Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrexham v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 27102 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:18:04 »

We totally outplayed them first half, they out-muscled us second half.

If I had any tips re Wrexham’s defending, I’d say playing Tozer just because his throws carry a goal threat is outweighed by the fact he’s a useless, slow player.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:20:56 »

The issue of conceding lots of late goals is still there despite a change in manager. This obv is an issue with the players who cannot close a game out

Built on the fact that we don’t have anyone big (goalkeeer or defender) who can command our defensive area
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:25:51 »

To manage the game when in front near the end we need to be able to get the play up the pitch / into the opposition half. We don’t do this , and it’s a big part of why  we struggle to hold a lead.
The reason is we lack someone up front who can win /  hold the ball and take it to the corners when we clear it - so we drop deep, hoof it out and it comes back in.
In the Garner season we had Simpson and then Davison who could do this, Wellens had Woolley and Yates. None of our current forwards can really do this - RHM has the pace to take it to the corner as does Wakeling, but not really the physicality.
This would be on my list to remedy before the window closes (as well as strengthening central defence.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:26:12 »

Let’s be honest, after being 4.1 up it’s a terrible result,

If someone said 5 points from Crewe and home, Wrexham and Forest Green away you’d have taken it.

We look good, I’m happy with our start.

Could so easily have been on 3 wins out of 3.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:29:54 »

Could so easily have been on 3 wins out of 3.

Also could have easily have been on 3 defeats out of 3.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:36:57 »

Yeah there has always been a touch of Kevin Kegans Keegans Newcastle about us, as there is of them. Which is why I was saying I wouldn't expect a 0-0 but fuck me didn't see that coming.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:45:06 »

Where does RHM get in this team atm
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:46:23 »

Where does RHM get in this team atm

…on for Charlie with 20 to go…

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:49:53 »

Bradford fans saying their new manager will take him back in January. Have to hope ol’ Sparky can keep his job. Young called him fucking clueless apparently.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:54:16 »

Hughes has lost his spark he can't have long left!

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:54:51 »

Defensively we are a shambles but when we get forward we are phenominal.

The amount of media coverage Wrexham had today was cringeworthy but if boot was on the other foot we'd be caught up in the euphoria like Wrexham fans.  

Wrexham played ok in places but as always we played into their hands giving away unnecessary fouls. Their game plan was to give the ball to Tozer and lob it in and it worked.  Their fans are rightly on a high and reminds me of Reading in their hey day with Madjeski taking over as owner and we all know how that's ended.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:55:05 »

A strange game, to put it mildly.

The promising thing for me is I think we have good players and the issues are mostly systemic - more time together and with the manager should improve things defensively. Should.

If we defend like that all season we'll go down. If we attack like that all season we'll go up. I think it's far more likely that we do neither but have a lot of fun (for neutrals!) getting nowhere in particular.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 17:57:13 »

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 18:00:46 »

A strange game, to put it mildly.

The promising thing for me is I think we have good players and the issues are mostly systemic - more time together and with the manager should improve things defensively. Should.

If we defend like that all season we'll go down. If we attack like that all season we'll go up. I think it's far more likely that we do neither but have a lot of fun (for neutrals!) getting nowhere in particular.

True that.  Definitely felt more like a defeat than a draw today.  We deserved so much more but as always we are the masters of our own downfall
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 18:02:21 »

Mahoney was outstanding today, certainly didn't deserve to be at the end of 5 goals and made some superb saves
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: