Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, August 18, 2023, 20:40:01)
Murphy Mahoney - 9 (14.8%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 15 (24.6%)
Tom Brewitt - 19 (31.1%)
Udoka Godwin-Malife - 5 (8.2%)
Brooklyn Genesini (sub 95) - 2 (3.3%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (1.6%)
George McEachran - 0 (0%)
Liam Kinsella (sub 68) - 2 (3.3%)
Dan Kemp - 0 (0%)
Charlie Austin - 1 (1.6%)
Jake Young - 6 (9.8%)
Jake Cain (on 68) - 0 (0%)
Benn Ward (on 95) - 1 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FGR v Swindon MoM Thread  (Read 2347 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:23:13 »

Mahoney continues to pull off some fantastic saves, but really pleased to see my MOTM Brewitt coming good this season. He was the rock in our defence today. We need another proper CDM though - we looked fragile without Khan. And what’s happened to Clayton?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:31:48 »

Shoutout to Mahoney coming to collect a couple of crosses too.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:43:35 »

Mahoney continues to pull off some fantastic saves, but really pleased to see my MOTM Brewitt coming good this season. He was the rock in our defence today. We need another proper CDM though - we looked fragile without Khan. And what’s happened to Clayton?
Clayton is hamstring injury I believe, something like 6-12 week timeframe (roughly) given when injury occurred (?swansea away?) so likely still a few weeks away.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:52:36 »

Brewitt for me, although shoutouts to Young and Genesini. Cracking goal from FBT but felt he wasn't quite at his best, whereas Brewitt defended brilliantly. One misplaced pass but other than that he was outstanding. Great to see his passion at the end. Fuck the haters, he was great.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 23:11:19 »

Was going to be Brewitt over Mahoney.

But I'm a sucker for a late winner (when it's in our favour  Doh), so I reverted harshly to last season's staple for MOM:  FBT.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:00:51 »

Genesini was close, Brewitt and Mahoney played well too but for me scoring the winner edges it for FBT.

On another day Austin scores a hattrick.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:10:45 »

It's quite strange that our defensive players are really standing out at the moment. Brewitt - occasional ropey passing aside - is currently a monster CB, heading, intercepting, clearing everything thrown at him. He has really grown into the position so far. My personal vote, second game running went to FBT. Great at the back and once again the pivot between defence and attack bringing the ball out and using it intelligently.

After the sending off our right hand side of UGM and Hutton was causing havoc and on another day, Charlie gets a hat trick. Kemp and Young also did well. I've still got concerns about a lack of physicality in the middle of the park and how the defence might cope about a more direct, physical team as well as the thin nature of the squad, but Flynn has 2 weeks to address this.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:26:15 »

Clayton is hamstring injury I believe, something like 6-12 week timeframe (roughly) given when injury occurred (?swansea away?) so likely still a few weeks away.

If FBT could hold off getting suspended until Clayton is back, that would be great.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:29:39 »

But I'm a sucker for a late winner (when it's in our favour  Doh), so I reverted harshly to last season's staple for MOM:  FBT.

Definitely nice to be on the other end of it for once.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:43:33 »

I've still got concerns about a lack of physicality in the middle of the park and how the defence might cope about a more direct, physical team as well as the thin nature of the squad, but Flynn has 2 weeks to address this.

Still think we need to try Clayton at DCM at some point.

And Cain as and when playing should be in a more attacking position.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:45:52 »

Certainly don't want to move him now whilst he is looking so improved but if we get a Ryan Inniss (his forehead and neck must hurt like hell today having made about 3,500 headers last night) type in at the back, could Brewitt step into that DM role?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:58:09 »

Still think we need to try Clayton at DCM at some point.

And Cain as and when playing should be in a more attacking position.

I just wrote in the other thread that I think Kinsella literally has to be used as a DM only based on feedback from Walsall fans. (clearly his tackling needs work based on last night) It's a small sample size but he hasn't impressed. Totally agree that Cain needs to be higher up the pitch. His passing ability is much better.

Certainly don't want to move him now whilst he is looking so improved but if we get a Ryan Inniss (his forehead and neck must hurt like hell today having made about 3,500 headers last night) type in at the back, could Brewitt step into that DM role?

Inniss was excellent last night wasn't he? One of those defenders that the ball just seems to be like a magnet to him when crossed in. I suspect Edwards would be a similar type of player - if he's still available?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 09:02:01 »

Mahoney kept us in it first half but thought Brewitt overall played very well so opted for him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 09:17:17 »

Is Malife too good to play as a CB? With the number of crosses we get into the box do we need more of a presence up top?

Can’t see Austin managing 3 games in a week.
Lambo75

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 09:43:25 »

Austin got an assist for both our goals yesterday.

His time will come again, his chest & volley was bang on but stopped by an in form keeper.

I'm glad he's in the team and getting thru 90 mins. can only be a good thing, he's certainly fitter than las year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: