Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra prematch and match day thread.  (Read 23527 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:56:20 »

It certainly wasn't glamorous but he was still a c***. You can have those issues and not be in cahoots with a rogue owner on a two man mission to destroy a football club.

But then shirley we must put anyone who ever worked with Lausanne Lee in a senior role as equally culpable? Because then they were keeping him in football still? No?

Sheridan was/still is a cunt but it wouldn't surprise me if he was manipulated in some way. I mean he was that delulu Power probs could have paid him, then told him he needed to put it in another bank account; ya know, to circumvent something or other and the Jurassic one probs would have been unquestioning about it. Someone who knew the score and more aware of what was going on regards Power et al was Wellens. He did well so no one will talk about that too much or about how he timed his exit strategy so well too  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:58:37 »

I love Austin as a player and can see he is a good leader but I’d love if we had enough leaders around the pitch that he could just be left to what he’s good at, putting the ball in the net, you won’t find anyone better in the league at that.

There are better goal scorers in the league than Austin. I would say he will get 15 this season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 16:04:15 »

There are better goal scorers in the league than Austin. I would say he will get 15 this season.

I think it’s close to be honest, potentially was a slight exaggeration to say there are no better. Austin on form at this stage of his career is still a top League 2 goalscorer but when you look through the league and see McGoldrick, Mullin, Langstaff etc then there’s a lot of competition.

Either way, the point was more, let him focus on doing the goal scoring and less about having to organise things as the captain from up front. He’s a good leader but it’s hard to organise from up front and ideally we’d have an experienced CB/CM come in who can take on that organising role from deep and allow Austin to keep his focus on putting the ball in the net which we know he can do.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:18:32 »

Couldn't quite understand the fire drill song as not that many left early.

Pet hate of mine this and our fans do it too. Singing songs totally not applicable to the occasion because they might have been funny on occasion prior.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:25:01 »

I really don't want to dislike Scott Lindsey as he's had a tough old time personally, so I prefer to see him as a figure of fun. He's pantomime, unlike Sheridan, who was a nasty c***.

Lindsey is a cunt too though, but he is more of a clown cunt
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:26:00 »

I'm in this camp also to be fair. At us, he was just out of his depth more than anything particularly vulgar. I do hope he doesn't attempt to play up to the crowd though in his interviews, he should just let bygones be bygones and move on. The comment about fans expecting Alex Ferguson was just a bit silly really.

Wasn't just that though was it? He's made quite a few comments. Makes him look like a total tool, but he brings on himself any abuse he gets.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:35:01 »

School of Hard Knocks in his FB profile with a Lest We Forget silhouette and an 'I heart Brexit' filter on his profile pic #Shudders

Just missing a 'full time yummy mummy' ex wife.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:51:42 »

Just missing a 'full time yummy mummy' ex wife.

Probably not the most appropriate joke given the circumstances.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Saturday, September 9, 2023, 19:12:59 »

can anyone remember who was official sponsors motm for this?

Dokes?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Saturday, September 9, 2023, 19:17:24 »

I was Kemp.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Saturday, September 9, 2023, 19:28:52 »

thanks
4D