Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v STFC 5/8/23  (Read 30961 times)
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 16:09:16 »

Went to Blackburn v Wimbledon which they managed to get played in spite of it being only 10 miles down the road...

I went to the same game. We were in with the Wimbledon fans and there seemed to be almost as many Swindon fans in there as Wimbledon.

I think it was called off at Bolton more because of the terraces than the pitch.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 16:12:06 »

I went to the same game. We were in with the Wimbledon fans and there seemed to be almost as many Swindon fans in there as Wimbledon.

I think it was called off at Bolton more because of the terraces than the pitch.
We were in the Wimbledon end as well...We probably doubled the number of away fans that night!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #257 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 16:18:22 »

Last time I went to a game that was called off late and went to a different game was when me and a mate were in Dagenham ready to watch Town play them in the 1st round of the FA cup in 84.

Game was called off at 1pm so me and my mate went to Highbury on the spur of the moment to watch Arsenal v QPR in a London derby, got a seat with no queueing for £5 in a crowd of 35,000 - Tony Woodcock scored the only goal of the game.

Decent Arsenal team that day of

Pat Jennings
Tony Adams
Viv Anderson
David O'Leary
Kenny Sansom
Paul Davis
Stewart Robson
Brian Talbot
Ian Allinson
Charlie Nicholas
Tony Woodcock

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 16:26:06 »

Loved Highbury proper old style stadium nestled amongst the houses.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 16:37:57 »

Wasn’t expecting to be home before 5 🤷🏼‍♂️
Same, got back at 4, was tempted to see if I could get into the second half of Cambridge vs Pox

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:33:45 »

Ooh! Postponement Top Trumps....Worst one for me, Bolton away, LC semi final second leg 1995 (must have been the one Audrey mentioned) Travelled all the way up, checked into the hotel (midweek game obviously), found out on our way to the ground it was P-P

Went to Blackburn v Wimbledon which they managed to get played in spite of it being only 10 miles down the road...

Worse one for me was in 1974? Hitch-hiked from Bristol to see Town away at Millwall. Game was called off for waterlogged pitch when I got there. Got soaked that day. Had no money, and had to hitch hike back to Bristol.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:41:16 »

Worse one for me was in 1974? Hitch-hiked from Bristol to see Town away at Millwall. Game was called off for waterlogged pitch when I got there. Got soaked that day. Had no money, and had to hitch hike back to Bristol.

Brave man🤣

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 18:02:45 »

Ooh! Postponement Top Trumps....Worst one for me, Bolton away, LC semi final second leg 1995 (must have been the one Audrey mentioned) Travelled all the way up, checked into the hotel (midweek game obviously), found out on our way to the ground it was P-P

I was sat in my car in Burnden Park car park,  got told by a burger vendor it was off. Went to the nearby pub.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 18:36:16 »

However well drained a pitch is, if torrential rain falls on it for a sustained period of time it will become waterlogged...
Not the first game of the season but we had the Bristol Rovers at home game abandoned in August 2016 due to torrential rain. I think they tried to give it another 30-45 mins but there might have been police concerns with it being a Derby. Lee Power then insisted everyone pay again for the rearranged game.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 18:52:22 »

Ah well. We’re 14th after today. Some of our more wrist-slitty fans would have accepted that as our finishing position a week ago.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 19:16:27 »

Not the first game of the season but we had the Bristol Rovers at home game abandoned in August 2016 due to torrential rain. I think they tried to give it another 30-45 mins but there might have been police concerns with it being a Derby. Lee Power then insisted everyone pay again for the rearranged game.

I may be wrong but think season ticket holders were let in free and everyone else including away fans had to pay the full price. Bristol Rovers were annoyed as they were told over the tannoy to keep their ticket stubs so were expecting to also be let in free for the rematch.

Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 19:21:30 »

Same, got back at 4, was tempted to see if I could get into the second half of Cambridge vs Pox

Are you Cambridge based?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 20:29:30 »

Are you Cambridge based?
CB1!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 21:07:10 »

Anyone know if/how we can get a refund.
Presumably we would have to wait until the new date is arranged
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 21:27:44 »

CB1!

I saw someone coming out of Coldhams Lane Sainsbury's with a Swindon shirt on the other day. You sir, have revealed yourself as number one suspect 😁

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: