Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v STFC 5/8/23  (Read 30947 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 20:59:37 »

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet with a few new defensive players to bed in. If Ward, UGM and Uwakwe all start it's a big ask.

Gone for a 2-3 win in the prediction league so lets stick with that. Fancy us to be attack minded and scoring quite a bit this season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 21:56:26 »

I wonder if Ward will play ahead of Brewitt (or other) purely because he’s a loan player and usually with loan deals the more they play the less they cost.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 22:23:31 »

I wonder if Ward will play ahead of Brewitt (or other) purely because he’s a loan player and usually with loan deals the more they play the less they cost.

Probably the only question on the line up is if Ward goes straight in or not.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 22:37:03 »

Was Ward signed in time to play tomorrow?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #109 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 23:00:47 »

Was Ward signed in time to play tomorrow?

Is be a bit pissed if I was Brewitt, did a good job against Plymouth and Minturn must be asking why is an 18 Yr old loan player with minimal experience any better than I am.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 05:59:50 »

Has Minturn ever done anything to justify first team football other than “ being a local lad”? He looks miles off professional men’s football in the cameos I’ve seen. He’s worse than Brewitt, who is a squad filler at best.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 06:37:07 »

I’d say 8 starts in the league last season is a bit more than ‘cameos’. Did you actually see any of them? Him and Brewitt both played well v Plymouth last week against better opponents than they’ll face in L2 week in week out. I hate these player assassinations that we get all too often on here.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 06:39:28 »

Has Minturn ever done anything to justify first team football other than “ being a local lad”? He looks miles off professional men’s football in the cameos I’ve seen. He’s worse than Brewitt, who is a squad filler at best.

More than Benn Ward has done.

Don’t think he’s ever looked ‘miles off’ either.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 06:49:27 »

FOOTBALL!
 COYR

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 06:51:34 »

Draw. 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 06:54:15 »

FOOTBALL!
 COYR

Quite. Hurrah for actual matches to tell us whether players and managers are any good or not.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 06:54:59 »

I’d say 8 starts in the league last season is a bit more than ‘cameos’. Did you actually see any of them? Him and Brewitt both played well v Plymouth last week against better opponents than they’ll face in L2 week in week out. I hate these player assassinations that we get all too often on here.

Yes, I’ve seen him, hence my opinion. There could be a player there, but he shouldn’t be in our starting XI. I’d like him to have a year playing 90 every week in the conference before we’re relying on him.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 06:56:03 »

Based on what I saw v Bristol City and Plymouth I’d say a Garner-type tippy tappy set up is right up Flynn’s street. If they fanny around at the back we’ll be right on them, force errors and be in on goal. Is their wunderkind likely to play as he’s supposedly set for a big money move - don’t want to risk an injury scuppering that!

Apart from the 3 points I really want to wipe that smug bastard. Hope he gets dogs.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 06:58:28 »

There's every possibility that Benn Ward loan was done to provide the same level of cover Minturn provided to allow Minturn to have that development loan in the Conference which he so badly needs. More often than not these Benn Ward style loans are with view to starting, but there's also been bit of an increase recently in these loans being to introduce the player into a first team environment moreso than guaranteed starts.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 07:01:06 »

Yes, I’ve seen him, hence my opinion. There could be a player there, but he shouldn’t be in our starting XI. I’d like him to have a year playing 90 every week in the conference before we’re relying on him.
I only saw him play at Orient last season and he absolutely looked the part. Totally comfortable IMO...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: