Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v STFC 5/8/23  (Read 30196 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 08:34:58 »

I seem to remember a festive (New Year?) cancellation in recent years where I had made it to Didcot before it was binned…
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 10:07:07 »

I remember a home game being postponed because of the rain, we had got as far as the Police HQ roundabout on the A420 and heard it on the radio.

That was a bit of a pisser because we couldn’t normally make midweek games then and having a season ticket couldn’t even get a refund Smiley
adje

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 10:45:18 »

I remember getting to Selhurst Park for a weather based postponement against Palace in the late 80s.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 11:02:13 »

In 2014, in the midst of my divorce, I went to Bradford for the game in the Christmas holidays. Given how good Bradford's crowds are, I was amazed that it was so quiet. Wrong day. Luckily, I only came across the Pennines so my good mood wasn't spoilt.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
SwindonCoops

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 12:31:18 »

I spoke to plenty of town fans yesterday who were all adamant they’ll be seeking a refund - should be easy enough given it was an online purchase so no need to visit club shop etc.

I’ll be taking it - that’ll pay for another away ticket at some point.

Given that the rescheduled date will be a midweek one, we're going to have to try and get a refund. Can't justify taking time off work for it. We only decided to make the trip up there at 10pm Saturday evening too. As has already been said, there was no way it would have been possible to play on that surface. We're just gutted that the four of us are out of pocket around £200 without the ticket cost. Disappointing, what can you do!

Oh, I've just realised, this is my first post. Need to make sure I say hello in true tef style. Hello cunts!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 12:40:17 »

Given that the rescheduled date will be a midweek one, we're going to have to try and get a refund. Can't justify taking time off work for it. We only decided to make the trip up there at 10pm Saturday evening too. As has already been said, there was no way it would have been possible to play on that surface. We're just gutted that the four of us are out of pocket around £200 without the ticket cost. Disappointing, what can you do!

Oh, I've just realised, this is my first post. Need to make sure I say hello in true tef style. Hello cunts!

Welcome... I suspect your chances of a refund are probably limited if they realise that you decided to attend the game about 7.5 hrs after it was announced as postponed?  Wink Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 12:47:35 »

I can't remember if it was last season or the season before, but I got a ticket for a home game (pretty sure it was Walsall) that was postponed and the return was midweek and I couldn't go so the club happily refunded. Surely Colchester must do the same?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
SwindonCoops

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 15:24:35 »

Welcome... I suspect your chances of a refund are probably limited if they realise that you decided to attend the game about 7.5 hrs after it was announced as postponed?  Wink Cheesy

D'oh! Meant Friday obvs!  Cheesy
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 15:16:44 »

Have just asked for my refund for game.

Tried calling this morning but couldn’t get through so emailed ticketing@colchesterunited.net with my booking references requesting a refund. Have just had an email saying they have refunded to the cards both the match ticket & parking.

Haven’t had the money yet, but fingers crossed I get it in the next few days
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 16:03:41 »

Have just had an email saying they have refunded to the cards both the match ticket & parking.

Banks can be proper bastards with refunds.

I had to go through some statements the other day at work to see what refunds were included.

The average time from the refund being processed in the shop to the refund arriving with the customer for those 6 transactions? 6 days!

When you buy something, the bank takes your money immediatly...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 16:15:08 »

I’m waiting for a refund from my Greek electricity supplier. 50 working days.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 06:56:48 »

Have just asked for my refund for game.

Tried calling this morning but couldn’t get through so emailed ticketing@colchesterunited.net with my booking references requesting a refund. Have just had an email saying they have refunded to the cards both the match ticket & parking.

Refunds are in my account today, so quite quick turnaround

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:41:47 »

Presume as both clubs are out of the Caribou Cup the rearranged game is likely to be when the 2nd round is being played.

Couple of weeks?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 16:22:43 »

STFC can now confirm our date for our rearranged fixture with Colchester United, with the game now taking place on Tuesday 7 November:

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 16:41:38 »

I’ll be there!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: