Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Microwave  (Read 1247 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 27, 2023, 06:06:44 »

I'm looking for recommendations on a large microwave oven. Our latest 32L Panasonic NN-ST46KBBPQ went phut this morning. Its the 3rd one of these that I've had in the last 6-8 years and they have all gone pop! The first two died in the same way, with the magnatron going (ie You put it on and the light and turntable worked but nothing got warm). But this last one has just decided to switch on the timer and light for 2 seconds then switch off!

So, any recommendations for something simple and similar sized?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 27, 2023, 12:19:55 »

I thought this was a fred about Flitters{sic} for a moment. Really disappointed.

On Microwave things. Have you considered something like a tabletop fan oven/grill combi thing or a Halogen Oven instead.

Failing that, buy an older model of microwave second hand. Seems like most stuff is intentionally built to only last a few years now or obsolescence if you like. Point in case, I had a brand new tumble dryer that gave in, inside four years...couldn't afford a new one so got a White Knight second hand {circa about nine year old at PoS}. 6yrs in and it's still going strong.

It depends on a few things, if you care about being a brand slut for your kitchen or if you're not fussed and happy with no frills or gimmicks too. If the latter get a cheapo non digital one with a manual dial. It'll probably last at least as long as a super fancy pants one AND you'll have change {ironically} to go out for a meal somewhere - when the microwave finally packs in  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 27, 2023, 13:00:28 »

According to the internet the average life of a microwave is 7-8 years. Quite why you've owned three Panasonic NN-ST46KBBPQ when the first two clearly never made it to anywhere near par is questionable decision making on your part. Smiley

Having never owned a microwave I can't offer anything, however after putting off buying an air fryer for ages, I have to say the cheapo one we picked up in Costco has done us proud so far if you wanted to try an alternative.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 27, 2023, 13:45:37 »

When it comes to white goods I don’t look any further than Burdens opp the CG. you’ll pay a bit more but you’re getting the genuine product not one made by say ‘Panasonic’ for a fixed retail price that the box shifters want to sell out at to make a margin. A Panasonic from them is 100% Panasonic if that makes sense?

Edit. The Panasonic TV & Washing Machine both came with five year warranties as standard…
« Last Edit: Friday, July 28, 2023, 05:35:40 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 27, 2023, 22:29:45 »

found getting a bigger microwave difficult last time I looked. much more expensive than they were
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 28, 2023, 07:15:52 »

According to the internet the average life of a microwave is 7-8 years. Quite why you've owned three Panasonic NN-ST46KBBPQ when the first two clearly never made it to anywhere near par is questionable decision making on your part. Smiley

Having never owned a microwave I can't offer anything, however after putting off buying an air fryer for ages, I have to say the cheapo one we picked up in Costco has done us proud so far if you wanted to try an alternative.
Its because I couldn't find anything else comparable in that size.

Just found out the receipt for the '3rd' one and I'm within the 1 year warranty by 3 days! So, a nice discussion this Mr or Mrs Panasonic will be happening after 9am this morning!

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 28, 2023, 07:36:26 »

Its because I couldn't find anything else comparable in that size.

Just found out the receipt for the '3rd' one and I'm within the 1 year warranty by 3 days! So, a nice discussion this Mr or Mrs Panasonic will be happening after 9am this morning!

That's a right result NMH! Small victories huh! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 28, 2023, 11:43:49 »

That's a right result NMH! Small victories huh! Smiley
Even better is that it is £20 cheaper now than when I bought it. So, new microwave and £20 cash back! Kerching!!

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 28, 2023, 11:52:01 »

Even better is that it is £20 cheaper now than when I bought it. So, new microwave and £20 cash back! Kerching!!

Nice one - fingers crossed this one lasts a bit longer, although if it keeps going bang before warranty you are going to be quids in! You might never have to put your hand in your pocket for a microwave again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: