Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Women’s World Cup  (Read 14588 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 12:06:06 »

Can criticise women’s football but one thing that can be learned from that - that’s how to see out a game from Spain. Waste time, fake injuries and more importantly don’t just boot it up to the halfway line - break with players going forwards and push England back. We could learn a lot from that as we tend to sit back and try to soak pressure with a defence all 6’1 and below!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 12:26:27 »

Best team won on the night.

Final will always be memorable for the most wonderful filmed fuck off though!!

I missed that, left the neighbours as soon as the whistle went. What was that about?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 12:40:17 »

It was coming.

But not home

I come from a land down-under
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 15:08:10 »

We beat just one top 10 team.  Aus at no. 10.  Love the Lionesses but not the hype.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 16:01:41 »

If that's a pen we may as well all give up. Footballers should just shop their arms off.

See, I thought it was a penalty - she moved her body to try and block the run, which pushed her arm out and she handled it as a result.

To be honest, I've been of the opinion they should just go to basketball rules for a long time.  If it hits the hand, it's penalised.  I never remember a time when the ball hit my hand while playing that I didn't immediately think the ref was going to blow-up.  Take the opinion out of the equation.   Yes it may present some harsh decisions, but everyone will know where they stand.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 16:02:41 »

I missed that, left the neighbours as soon as the whistle went. What was that about?

I presume he was refering to the reaction from Earps after she saved the penalty - she was a little excited/aggressive all at once.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 16:03:05 »

See, I thought it was a penalty - she moved her body to try and block the run, which pushed her arm out and she handled it as a result.

To be honest, I've been of the opinion they should just go to basketball rules for a long time.  If it hits the hand, it's penalised.  I never remember a time when the ball hit my hand while playing that I didn't immediately think the ref was going to blow-up.  Take the opinion out of the equation.   Yes it may present some harsh decisions, but everyone will know where they stand.
It was 100% a pen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 16:06:11 »

To be honest, I've been of the opinion they should just go to basketball rules for a long time.  If it hits the hand, it's penalised.  I never remember a time when the ball hit my hand while playing that I didn't immediately think the ref was going to blow-up.  Take the opinion out of the equation.   Yes it may present some harsh decisions, but everyone will know where they stand.

Disagree completely. She is moving her body but her arm doesn't move at all and the ball clips her knuckles. Completely unintentional but fuck knows where they're at with the intentional thing at the moment, its in out shake it all about. Secondly, it effected nothing as she was still clean past her in possession.

Its one of those that gets worse every time you watch it and the more slowed down it is, which is part of why VAR always give them.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, August 20, 2023, 17:38:05 »

The ball barely touched the hand

It did not effect the path of the ball and the attacker came through the tackle with the ball.......

Therefore no penalty

I agree that if that is given every time then defenders might as well stop going fir balls in the air in the box.

But I expected the pen to be given as the ref was the same useless ref who let Australia get away with murder in the semi

Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:06:05 »

The Men's England team visited an orphange yesterday. 'It was difficult to see their little faces with no hope," said Alice, aged 6.

Tickled me that did. Can I get an Edinburgh Fringe Award? I nicked it from somewhere else, but that doesn’t seem to matter 😁
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:10:09 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66578604

"Fans waited in the terminal to greet the team but they left without going through the arrivals area."

Poor. Would have been an easy win for them, even if it is "protocol."
adje

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:11:33 »

So, "successful" or "bottled it"?
Know which it would be for many if it was the men's team in similar circumstances. This why I don't like the hype

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:25:30 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66578604

"Fans waited in the terminal to greet the team but they left without going through the arrivals area."

Poor. Would have been an easy win for them, even if it is "protocol."

If it was the men the headlines would be

“England team snub fans”
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:27:45 »

So, "successful" or "bottled it"?
Know which it would be for many if it was the men's team in similar circumstances. This why I don't like the hype

What hype?  Anything they receive is probably a little warranted based on the attendance figure increases in recent years, the fact they reached a World Cup Final and that they won a tournament.  If you don't get hyped for that, what hope is there for anyone?  The difference with the Mens team is they usually get hyped before a ball is kicked in a tournament and then flounder (although they too have been pretty good in recent years to be fair).
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:31:03 »

If it was the men the headlines would be

“England team snub fans”

The women's game has/had a great chance to show that it holds itself to a higher standard than the men's, which could well convert some floating voters. Sadly all the same diving, cheating etc on show, and that gobby goalkeeper effing and blinding, which has somehow made her a hero to some. Hardly the Corinthian spirit. I find it all rather embarrassing. This arrogant airport stunt again shows them trying to emulate the worst aspect of the men's game. If they put themselves up against that, they will always lose. They should be trying to find points of difference. No cheating, swearing, diving etc. They'd soon bring people over. We have enough spoilt babies in the men's game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: