Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 161348 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Sunday, February 19, 2023, 01:22:51 »

Yep,all good. The Smithfield, Furnace and Exeter Arms are too.

Think I may have mentioned the Exeter. Even The Silk Mill is ok but from my experience has struggled to hold a regular landlord/tenant/management. I've seen it be dive to nicely kitted out to meh to nice ales - haven't been in for a few years mind but in that part of the Town I would say it should be alright.

Come to think of it, there are quite a few places that are decent for a good pint and generally all relatively friendly. I guess we know that Derby as a city isn't as good as it's local East Mids counterparts but the watering holes do tend to still maintain some character and difference from place to place - also, if a certain pub hasn't got much character, you'll definitely meet some  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 14:00:19 »

Went to the Malverns at the weekend, tried a few pints of Butty Bach, it was very good  Pint
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #572 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 14:08:55 »

Went to the Malverns at the weekend, tried a few pints of Butty Bach, it was very good  Pint
Tesco and Asda sell that in bottles, not keen on it myself.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 17:23:15 »

Bought 12 bottles of Old Timer from Wadsworth shop in Devizes for £24. Thoroughly recommend as an autumn/winter beer, lovely taste. Decent strength at 5.8%, I remember it being sold on draught in my youthful days at the Old Bell in Malmesbury and using it as a way to get pissed quickly! According to the lady in the shop it's still available on draught in winter months.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 18:01:09 »

One of my favourite beers, very common towards the  Wye valley area.

Has anyone else noticed a drop off in 6X (my favourite ale), seems a lot harder to find a good pint nowadays, most seem very average !
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 18:23:20 »

One of my favourite beers, very common towards the  Wye valley area.
Has anyone else noticed a drop off in 6X (my favourite ale), seems a lot harder to find a good pint nowadays, most seem very average !

6x always seemed to me to be very particular in how it was stored, especially the further from Devizes you got.

Not seen it around much either, but I don't go to pubs as much these day.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 18:28:05 »

6x always seemed to me to be very particular in how it was stored, especially the further from Devizes you got.

One of the pubs we occasionally visit for Sunday lunch in Glinton (near Market Deeping) has 6X on draught, it maybe because I don’t get to drink it very often but it’s proper lush.

I remember drinking Old Timer on draught in the working men’s club in Bromham when we were kids, at that time they only brewed it in winter
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 18:47:49 »

6X does notoriously bad on the road. There must be an STFC joke in there somewhere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 18:57:45 »

Quote from: Qunk
6X does notoriously bad on the road. 

that's what I always thought, but there are exceptions. The guy who used to run the millstone in Old Basing (Basingstoke) used to properly look after his beer. Drawn straight from the barrel too, best 6x I ever had
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 20:11:20 »

Raven at Poulshot, straight out the barrel  Pint
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 14:15:21 »

I know there are a few beer drinkers on here. We're going on a brewery tour to the Vale Brewery in Bucks next weekend, anyone been before or had their stuff before?

https://valebrewery.co.uk/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 14:33:06 »

I know there are a few beer drinkers on here. We're going on a brewery tour to the Vale Brewery in Bucks next weekend, anyone been before or had their stuff before?

https://valebrewery.co.uk/

Get yourself over for a tour at the Hook Norton Brewery, just the other side of Banbury
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 14:42:53 »

Get yourself over for a tour at the Hook Norton Brewery, just the other side of Banbury

Our local, which is a proper old school real ale place often has Hook Norton beers in. The regulars always speak highly of their beers. I think a tour is probably on the cards if this goes well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 15:05:04 »

Our local, which is a proper old school real ale place often has Hook Norton beers in. The regulars always speak highly of their beers. I think a tour is probably on the cards if this goes well.

Hook Norton made some ales for my old units 300th anniversary. Very nice beer but only a limited edition
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: