Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League Two 2023/24  (Read 7707 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:05:05 »

Any relegation odds?

Morecambe unable to offer contracts currently, if you look at their retained list under 'offered new terms' it says 'none' with the likes of Cole Stockton walking away on a free. Think they're under an embargo due to a potential takeover. Quite fancy a dabble on them to fall straight through to non league.

Here is a bit on Morecambe

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/may/club-update-from-co-chairmen/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:16:37 »

Barrow investing in the ground, albeit they do seem to be suing The Manor as a template.... https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/23523198.images-barrow-afcs-renovated-holker-street-stadium/
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:54:00 »

Barrow investing in the ground, albeit they do seem to be suing The Manor as a template.... https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/23523198.images-barrow-afcs-renovated-holker-street-stadium/

Still training at FC United of Manchester ground though
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 15:10:04 »

Still training at FC United of Manchester ground though

Yeah I saw that, and the place they have moved from where they trained this year was also in Salford. I assume they have concluded that training over 100 miles from Barrow (2+ hours drive) makes it easier to attract players.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 17:09:20 »

Yeah i think thats what the reason is
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 17:11:51 »

Quote from: horlock07
I assume they have concluded that training over 100 miles from Barrow (2+ hours drive) makes it easier to attract players.

The sandwich run volunteer is going to have to be committed though
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 08:04:47 »

Yeah I saw that, and the place they have moved from where they trained this year was also in Salford. I assume they have concluded that training over 100 miles from Barrow (2+ hours drive) makes it easier to attract players.
In a similar way to my local team Yeovil back in 97 who due to relegation were forced to play in the London centric Isthmian League. So the club decided to have all their training at a London base and signed players who lived in and around London. It worked and they won the league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 08:43:43 »

In a similar way to my local team Yeovil back in 97 who due to relegation were forced to play in the London centric Isthmian League. So the club decided to have all their training at a London base and signed players who lived in and around London. It worked and they won the league.

Indeed, albeit I suspect in Barrows case there is also a heavy dollop of realisation that attracting players to settle at the end of the country's longest cull-de-sac will be tricky.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 08:53:53 »

Indeed, albeit I suspect in Barrows case there is also a heavy dollop of realisation that attracting players to settle at the end of the country's longest cull-de-sac will be tricky.
TBF teams in the south west often suffer similarly, despite Somerset/Devon (ignoring Cornwall due to lack of teams) being a lovely place to live players rarely want to move down this way.

Yeovil is in the middle of nowhere an hour each way to any civilization pretty much and Exeter, Torquay and more so Plymouth have always suffered from players not wanting to relocate to the arse end of nowhere.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 08:59:31 »

When do the fixtures come out?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 09:00:43 »

June 22nd I think.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 09:18:42 »

There’s always one who ruins my day!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 09:25:46 »

Tongue Out
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 21:22:46 »

Super early for all this, but I notice the odds for League Two Champions in 2023/4 are up and the top two are... Wrexham and Notts County. Which will be a fair bit because of the hype around Wrexham, but gives an idea of how up against it we are for next year.

Wrexham 7/2
Notts County 6/1
Gillingham 10/1
Franchise 12/1
Mansfield 14/1

All others 20/1 or lower, we're 25/1 with Morecambe, Walsall and Newport, which is depressing as fuck.

Still, the bookies don't know everything. I guess this thread is mostly to look at other clubs ahead of next season!

Aren't the odds generally set by punter trends? More people betting = shorter odds?

I can imagine both promoted clubs will have a disproportionate number of people betting on them to get promoted twice, especially Wrexham who do have the Hollywood "fairytale" to get extra interest (and extra bets).

Not to say that the budget for others in the division won't make it bloody tough to get out in the right direction next year, just that bookies' odds indicate only what people are betting on.

"Absolute Calamity!"
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:21:33 »

Tomorrow 9am, looking forward to it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: