Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrexham mostly.  (Read 3786 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 12:39:12 »

Wrexham probably will sign everybody considering FFP doesn’t apply to them for the first year (it should do)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 12:44:26 »

Wrexham probably will sign everybody considering FFP doesn’t apply to them for the first year (it should do)

FFP won't impact them. Their income from commercial deals, merchandise etc will far outstrip anyone in the League. They sold nearly 30,000 shirts this season, have their deal with Disney, TikTok, Expedia etc etc.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 12:51:09 »

FFP won't impact them. Their income from commercial deals, merchandise etc will far outstrip anyone in the League. They sold nearly 30,000 shirts this season, have their deal with Disney, TikTok, Expedia etc etc.

Broadly agree, they will be top of the tree even under FFP constraints. But I'm sure the deals have to be scrutisied so they are of a fair value for a L1/2 club? It wont stop them buying their way out but it wont be *as* easy as it is in the NL.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 12:52:58 »

Broadly agree, they will be top of the tree even under FFP constraints. But I'm sure the deals have to be scrutisied so they are of a fair value for a L1/2 club? It wont stop them buying their way out but it wont be *as* easy as it is in the NL.

As Salford found out
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 12:56:55 »

There is no fair value argument unless it is the Aviation Gin one, which Reynolds part owns. They aren't cooking the books like Etihad/Man City (allegedly).

And as for Salford, they are constrained by FFP in that they have the commercial value of your local girls u-11 side, so the owner is the only real source of funds.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 13:02:15 »

I am sure most of us would want to swap places with Wrexham.

Yes it's a bandwagon, but why cannot the bandwagon come through Swindon?

The Wrexham owners will sell the club eventually, so why not enjoy it now?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 13:26:43 »

But have they sponsored the sponsors yet?  We'll out Commercial them.

To be fair, they've gone about in a way that ensures they are underpinned by Reynolds, but the finance is coming through legitimate channels.  Their revenue will be beyond everyone else in the Division.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 13:29:48 »

You'd hope someone in marketing/commercial is going to leverage the increased interest/global coverage that Wrexham will bring to L2 next season to get us the best deals but I won't hold my breath...

If iFollow still works abroad, you'd think the subscriptions for our home game against them would provide a decent injection.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 13:31:13 »

Of course we'd all take owners like that if it was a choice. Its just pure jealousy that they have that sort of backing and we don't which makes the endless media attention even more annoying.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 13:34:27 »

I agree would love for it to be us rather than Wrexham.

The media narrative of it being a fairy-tale winds me up though, it's hardly a fairy-tale to get promoted from Conference buying League 1 players. Good story for the town yes, but not a fairy-tale.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 13:37:06 »

The media narrative of it being a fairy-tale winds me up though, it's hardly a fairy-tale to get promoted from Conference buying League 1 players. Good story for the town yes, but not a fairy-tale.

Fairytale for a FGR or Yeovil without any history but not for a team that had previously been established in the football league and even played in Europe a couple of times.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 13:37:33 »

This. Exactly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 13:38:52 »

Hate Ben Foster too - so self-absorbed
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 14:02:46 »

Wonder where we’d be now with Red Bull?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 14:03:35 »