Poll
Question: What puts a downer on your saturday the most
Swindon playing shit football - 8 (53.3%)
Closed season - 5 (33.3%)
Some twat posting a meaningless poll - 2 (13.3%)
None of the above (Nod to Mr Prior) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shit football or no football- what is worse?  (Read 876 times)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 12:00:55 »

It is Saturday and I am at work with fingers itching to check the line up for the coming game BUT, the fingers will be itching for a couple of months yet.

I miss the anticipation and tension of football, even if we are playing shit.

What are your thoughts?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 12:09:48 »

Drinking beer in the sunshine on a Saturday afternoon in the closed season trumps watching swindon lose away to Colchester (again), whilst getting pissed on and frozen to death in the process.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 12:13:56 »

Difficult one - Had become pretty disillusioned with it all under Morris.

Went on holiday before he was sacked and didn't bother to make any plans to watch the Crawley game as a result. But, the positivity of the Flynn appointment (well, more the fact that we have taken decisive action to get rid of Morris, which I didn't think we would be able to afford. And we have installed someone who seems to know what he is doing in L2) sent me scrabbling to watch a little bit of it.

Was talking to PV recently and admitted I was missing the footy and was looking forward to seeing the retained list and what happens next - eventhough I am expecting has beens (who can't get a game/contract elsewhere) and dull signings to augment what we are stuck with.

So, I guess I was in the 'shit football' camp but have now moved into a 'closed season' downer!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 12:23:57 »

If ever I needed a break from STFC it’s now. Back in the UK, looking forward to The Ashes and, like most, a virgin season that I can attend again and hope springing eternal.
DMC

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 13:07:17 »

I am slightly worried to be honest as i am not bothered at all by it and usually i am.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 13:31:59 »

Shite football is much worse.
No football would ultimately be worse if it was for an extended period and no football literally meant no football at all.

There is still the play offs, the premier league, fa cup final & European finals for your football fix but with the added luxury of not really giving a crap about the results and being invested.

If you genuinely have nothing better to do on a Sunny Saturday than think about how much you miss STFC then you have issues.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 14:16:58 »

Same as fuzzy. Also had our last Sunday League game on Wednesday so as flat as a week old pint

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: