Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 117079 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 20:15:10 »

I saw that somewhere too.

lost 2-0. no idea how Aguiar and Adeloye played

Cheers Batch had no idea how the game went

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 20:16:33 »

@stfcjosh

Fox Brown and Sylla decent

Rest looked meh not much else to say in truth, can’t see Adeloye staying much longer.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 20:29:12 »

I have been saying for a while our fans genuinely have got worse but keep getting shot down. Every single post is either a snide shitty comment or having a go at something
I suspect our fans ARE getting worse, perhaps it's a symptom of our age where people whip each other into a frenzy of self perpetuating fuckwhittery on social media. BUT... this is the point I've tried to make previously....if any of us were to study the forums or social media accounts of the other 91 clubs, if we didn't kill ourselves first we would conclude that our fuckwhits are no worse than any other clubs' fuckwhits... and indeed, other clubs may have even more/worse fuckwhits than us (more than likely they are the fans of clubs WAY further up the food chain than we are)

All of this is purely anicdotal, it's just what I believe to be true and there's no way for it to be proved or disproved...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 20:33:18 »

There is also the option that one of our worst ever seasons in the bottom Division of Four causes people to get a little disgruntled?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1084 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 20:37:17 »

There is also another option, the things people post are not the thoughts they carry around all day.  They are a moment, and usually in those moments people post their most extreme views rather than things they couldn't give a fuck about - good or bad.  I am an annoyingly positive/optimistic person (according to my wife), but I'll vent on here when thoughts of STFC's current situation pass my mind.

I can't think of a season where I thought we were going to be shit and didn't believe, just a little bit, that it would all work out and we'd walk the thing (maybe not in 1993).  Even now, I have faith it will all be OK, that someone I think is shit will turn good, that we will sign what we need and everyone else will be terrible anyway.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 20:37:48 »

There is also the option that one of our worst ever seasons in the bottom Division of Four causes people to get a little disgruntled?
Certainly doesn't help...
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 20:44:43 »

There is also another option, the things people post are not the thoughts they carry around all day.  They are a moment, and usually in those moments people post their most extreme views rather than things they couldn't give a fuck about - good or bad.  I am an annoyingly positive/optimistic person (according to my wife), but I'll vent on here when thoughts of STFC's current situation pass my mind.

I can't think of a season where I thought we were going to be shit and didn't believe, just a little bit, that it would all work out and we'd walk the thing (maybe not in 1993).  Even now, I have faith it will all be OK, that someone I think is shit will turn good, that we will sign what we need and everyone else will be terrible anyway.

I considered this for a bit. Although everyone just seems negative at the minute (me included). I have a pretty broad range of circles of Swindon fans that I talk to regularly and every single one of them is feeling negative at the moment and these circles include some usually over the top optimistic fans. Some have been ST holders for years and have chosen to postpone getting one this year to see how our transfer business goes first, although the economic situation probably plays into that largely as well.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 20:53:47 »

In some ways I'm less negative this season than I was last. Always felt that Lindsey was utterly clueless last season just based on the shite he spoke in interviews. It was red flags galore.

Most of this years negativity stems from a hangover of last years recruitment lumbering us with a partially shite squad and the the in ability to get quality in.

I have quiet optimism for Flynn as our manager.

Off the pitch, we just don't seem organised and we seem to be getting worse.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 21:04:24 »

In some ways I'm less negative this season than I was last. Always felt that Lindsey was utterly clueless last season just based on the shite he spoke in interviews. It was red flags galore.

Most of this years negativity stems from a hangover of last years recruitment lumbering us with a partially shite squad and the the in ability to get quality in.

I have quiet optimism for Flynn as our manager.

Off the pitch, we just don't seem organised and we seem to be getting worse.
How do you think we are worse off the pitch? Not disagreeing but just curious.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 05:56:08 »

Oh dear!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DMC

« Reply #1090 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 06:31:25 »

I suspect our fans ARE getting worse, perhaps it's a symptom of our age where people whip each other into a frenzy of self perpetuating fuckwhittery on social media. BUT... this is the point I've tried to make previously....if any of us were to study the forums or social media accounts of the other 91 clubs, if we didn't kill ourselves first we would conclude that our fuckwhits are no worse than any other clubs' fuckwhits... and indeed, other clubs may have even more/worse fuckwhits than us (more than likely they are the fans of clubs WAY further up the food chain than we are)

All of this is purely anicdotal, it's just what I believe to be true and there's no way for it to be proved or disproved...
If you go on to the 3 or 4 top blogs and football league pages online they will openly tell you our fans are the biggest lunatics on social media
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 06:50:51 »

If you go on to the 3 or 4 top blogs and football league pages online they will openly tell you our fans are the biggest lunatics on social media
Can totally believe it, that's why all Whelan's clickbait titles have 'former Swindon player' in it even when it's nothing to do with us.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 07:10:09 »

Oh dear!

Wasn't Ward's finest hour

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 08:16:59 »

I honestly think that the denouement of the Power era turned everyone a bit mad. You have the people who saw it coming and the people who failed to see it coming and both sets are irredeemably damaged by the whole sordid saga, particularly as we had a chance at greatness dashed by Black pulling the plug just prior to make the whole thing seem even worse.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 08:19:11 by Mooneyraker » Logged
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 10:18:53 »

Noticed one of our content providers have gone full Arsenal Fan TV mode too which is just adding to this observation.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: