Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 117059 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #975 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:15:23 »

Probably being far too harsh considering it’s a one on one, but that looked some suspect positioning from Ward in that situation. Near post was gaping
I thought the same.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:15:28 »

Think it's 45/15/45/15

Well thats certainly unconventional.

Have we kept any first teamers back from this game for Hereford later? Or any senior players at all?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #977 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:16:32 »

Have we kept any first teamers back from this game for Hereford later? Or any senior players at all?
Every fit 1st teamer has played some part that I can see, Dworzak and Minturn have played a fair length.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:17:11 »

Aguiar and Adeloye. I presume Brann in nets.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #979 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:18:36 »

Aguiar and Adeloye. I presume Brann in nets.
Yeah I forgot those.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:18:56 »

Once again at "full strength" we hold a championship side to a 1 goal deficit. No cause for great alarm

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:19:43 »

I think given this was our second half line-up;

Ward (Trialist B), Trialist C, Trialist D, Cain, Darcy, Trialist E, Wakeling, Dworzak, Trialist F, Shade, Minturn.

SUBS: Trialist G, Trialist H.

It's tough to really judge whether we still go through the old wobbles in the final stages of games. I guess the next couple of games are when we actually give the actual first XI and subs more of the game rather than the messing about in second halves we've done at Swansea and Bristol.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #982 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:20:29 »

I know its hard to judge being a friendly and disjointed line up, also every player only getting an hour at most but for me not one of the players that came on after 60 mins would be near our first 60 minute team. Not one.

6-1

Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:20:33 »

6-1 now

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:20:55 »

Fallen apart here, but with 5 of these Bristol City youngsters and one being Ward as the trialist, can’t take too much out of this
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:22:00 »

The timer on the stream doesn't go beyond 90 then.

Time has stood still.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #986 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:22:53 »

Once again at "full strength" we hold a championship side to a 1 goal deficit. No cause for great alarm
Very much this, for the first 10 mins we pressed them and outplayed them, we looked decent in attack but defensively we have the same frailties, E.G. Brewitt, Lavinier and Hutton. Khan was a little lost and is not a natural DMC who can break up play.

Lavinier is a better fullback than CB, Brewitt is decent back up but I do not want to rely on him, Hutton still struggles with defensive duties.

For me Ward looks weak too, sould have done better with a couple of the goals IMO, might be harsh but there are better backup keepers out there free.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:23:23 »

Ward looks like a newborn Giraffe with the ball at his feet

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:24:20 »

I know its hard to judge being a friendly and disjointed line up, also every player only getting an hour at most but for me not one of the players that came on after 60 mins would be near our first 60 minute team. Not one.

6-1

Which would be a worry in a couple of weeks, because the chances of going a season and only using 11 players is somewhere near 0.01%.  We used over 40 last season - which goes to show we signed a whole bunch of pointless shit, we just have some of them left.

Assuming we bring in another 5 or so, then we could look very different.

Last season we got more points than our play deserved under Lindsey and got less than we should have achieved with the squad under Morris.  Even if we assume Flynn improves us, we still look a mid table bet at best right now, with the huge asset of Austin.  Hope he gets the freedom to unlock that by adding those 5 players we desperately need.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 13:26:24 »

Very much this, for the first 10 mins we pressed them and outplayed them, we looked decent in attack but defensively we have the same frailties, E.G. Brewitt, Lavinier and Hutton. Khan was a little lost and is not a natural DMC who can break up play.

Lavinier is a better fullback than CB, Brewitt is decent back up but I do not want to rely on him, Hutton still struggles with defensive duties.

For me Ward looks weak too, sould have done better with a couple of the goals IMO, might be harsh but there are better backup keepers out there free.

Khan does not have the positional discipline to play the defensive role - he wants to drive and be on the ball.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: