Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 116976 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 08:46:57 »

Some of these goals certainly should concern him.

That's 4th goal! Wow!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #721 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 09:30:05 »

Some poor defending there but Swansea finished 10th in the Championship, of course there was going to be a gap between the teams, roughly 60 on finishing positions, and it showed.

Brewitt is a decent back up defender but I don't want to rely on him in every game.

Minturn looked lost positionally too for a couple of goals.

Hutton cannot defend.

The keeper looks quite small for a keeper and could struggle against teams bombarding us from corners.

Pretty much as you were, not much learned from that game.

Judging by the squad I would suggest that it wasnt Wickham as trialist B and more likely a trialist midfielder as from what we saw it seemd Wakeling was up front on his own for the 2nd half.

As for those complaining about the gap between the teams, I refer you back to this game in 2019

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?Friendly=YES&MatchID=2020994000

A 6-1 defeat BCD vs Championship side Birmingham, where we looked awful, it was shown on ifollow.

That season we won the L2 title. (not that I am suggesting we will this season but putting the result into perspective).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 09:44:43 »

Presuming a fair few available, experienced, hairy-arsed CBs have found clubs already. Don’t know where we go now - hopefully it’s not a young loanee. A midfield destroyer shouldn’t be too hard to find - maybe still Kinsella. Hutton needs to be stripped of any defensive duties - let him do what he does best. Few tweaks, 3/4 new players and should be good to go. Whether that will be good enough remains to be seen.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 09:53:28 »

Didn't we make a lot of changes at HT? Presuming our "strongest side" held them to 1 nil. Or not?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 10:05:13 »

Held them until Clayton went off
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 10:07:52 »

Will the Bristol City game on tuesday be on Robins TV? If so it will probably be on iptv
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 10:12:44 »

Will the Bristol City game on tuesday be on Robins TV? If so it will probably be on iptv

I believe so. Will take my lunch break at 12.30 on Tuesday I reckon!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #727 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 10:33:13 »

TUESDAY 18th JULY

SWINDON TOWN (HPC) KICK OFF 12:30pm : Coverage will be available on Robins TV

According to their website it is, no idea if IPTV will have it or not but its possible, is RobinsTV a station on IPTV?

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 11:26:45 »

According to their website it is, no idea if IPTV will have it or not but its possible, is RobinsTV a station on IPTV?

On octoiptv they used to be listed under the efl clubs section but now that has changed. Ive just messaged them to ask
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 13:55:55 »

Do you know/wonder if the unexpected spend on making sure the CG gets a safety certificate, circa 200k if I'm not mistaken might have affected the player budget?

It shouldn't, it's a separate company so would need to finance any work themselves.  They could of course ask the club for finance, but it is under no obligation to provide it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #730 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 15:10:14 »

On octoiptv they used to be listed under the efl clubs section but now that has changed. Ive just messaged them to ask
Brill can you let us know if it will be shown, TIA.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 15:19:52 »

It shouldn't, it's a separate company so would need to finance any work themselves.  They could of course ask the club for finance, but it is under no obligation to provide it.

Wasn't it announced in a recent AB meeting about the unexpected stadium spend? Or have I totally got my wires crossed.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 15:25:06 »

Wasn't it announced in a recent AB meeting about the unexpected stadium spend? Or have I totally got my wires crossed.

It's possible - the Leaseholder could have taken responsibility for the maintenance of the buildings.  I imagine that such knowledge should be freely available given the fans own 50%.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 15:28:55 »

Here we go, clear as mud:

Everything acquired from SBC will be leased to the Club through a 250-year lease agreement with an annual rent payable to the JV. The Club will be responsible to keep the ground in good order/repair at their own cost once existing defects and dilapidations have been addressed by the JV.

It would boil down to whether or not the immediate maintenance costs are covered under that bit about existing defects?  If so, then the JV should have paid for them - once up and running it's on the club, so I retract my previous comments.  If I remember correctly the club was on the hook previously as well, just they didn't agree they were and so next to nothing got repaired.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 16:33:43 »

Some Swansea friendly pictures have been uploaded and look to show Devines hamstring going again
https://www.flickr.com/photos/194968541@N04/sets/72177720309805808/
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: