Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 116960 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:29:39 »

Mahoney

Clayton
FBT
Lavinier

Shade
Hutton

McEachran
Khan
Cain

Austin
RHM

Subs: Two trialists, Fox, Brewitt, Hart, Jaxon Brown, Devine, Darcy, Wakeling, Adeloye, Aguiar, Minturn

Really not bad side that. Lavinier CB seems to be happening. No Brann on the bench so think one of the trialists will be Ward.

I'm inclined to agree. As a first XI it's really not a disastrous side bearing in mind we've only signed a keeper. If we can add 5 decent signings, we really could challenge this season. I think I've probably done the current lot and manager a disservice by predicting 16th based on current playing staff.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:29:43 »

Mahoney

Clayton
FBT
Lavinier

Shade
Hutton

McEachran
Khan
Cain

Austin
RHM

Subs: Two trialists, Fox, Brewitt, Hart, Jaxon Brown, Devine, Darcy, Wakeling, Adeloye, Aguiar, Minturn

Really not bad side that. Lavinier CB seems to be happening. No Brann on the bench so think one of the trialists will be Ward.

Nothing else to puck is there. The squad is so short. Our best bench options are Brewitt, Devine, Darcy and Wakeling. Remember some of these Flynn has told to move on, adelyoe etc. Thankfully no injuries at the moment.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:39:31 »

One clutching at straws observation from the official clubs twitter. It could be a mistake from them, or me jumping on something. Everyone is using their new squad numbers, but Shade has 28. He wore that last season so likely a mistake, but he has worn 7 every game so far. So perhaps 7 has been vacated for someone....
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:42:21 »

One clutching at straws observation from the official clubs twitter. It could be a mistake from them, or me jumping on something. Everyone is using their new squad numbers, but Shade has 28. He wore that last season so likely a mistake, but he has worn 7 every game so far. So perhaps 7 has been vacated for someone....

Again, just passing on a rumour I heard in circles. Allegedly the 28 was temporarily vacated for Demetriou, thus Shade wearing 7 before but since that one broke down, no need to keep 28 vacant. Shade is back to wearing 28 today.

Probably put that one under the 80% bollocks section but just something I heard.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #619 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:49:21 »

Someone mentioned Wickham as a trialist. Not sure I can see that one
Didnt have his contract renewed at Cardiff in the Summer but after his good spell at FGR he will probably still get a L1 club I would think.

Is the type of striker that Flynn loves though. If i is indeed him and its a massive IF we did sign him that was be a statement of intent.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:50:27 »

If Demetriou wanted 7 as a centre back then I'm glad we didn't sign him!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:51:54 »

If Demetriou wanted 7 as a centre back then I'm glad we didn't sign him!

Sorry I meant the 28 was allegedly freed up. I wasn’t convinced when I heard it, seemed very random but then checked and saw he was wearing 28 at Newport.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:56:23 »

Didnt have his contract renewed at Cardiff in the Summer but after his good spell at FGR he will probably still get a L1 club I would think.

Is the type of striker that Flynn loves though. If i is indeed him and its a massive IF we did sign him that was be a statement of intent.

If we believe the rumours from STFCboo on the 2 strikers we have missed out on, and IF this is a player on trial, then it seems very clear Flynn wants a taller striker in at least. Which makes sense.
DMC

« Reply #623 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 10:57:53 »

It would be the sort i think Charlie would thrive of too
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 11:03:27 »

Worries me more than all the rumoured trialists / missed out signings are nothing but tall strikers.

Not our most pressing need imo and Austin is no slouch when it comes to challenging in the air or holding the ball up. Sure, not his main strengths either but if I was looking to add to the squad, yes a target man would be on the list but wouldn’t be top 3.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 11:06:28 »

Worries me more than all the rumoured trialists / missed out signings are nothing but tall strikers.

Don't worry we have missed out on lots of defenders as well based on the rumours!
DMC

« Reply #626 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 11:10:09 »

Don't worry we have missed out on lots of defenders as well based on the rumours!
How many is lots
Peter Venkman

« Reply #627 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 11:11:59 »

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 11:15:15 »

…seen very little evidence of that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #629 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 11:18:25 »

…seen very little evidence of that.
I think it was a joke.

We havent actually seen any evidence of any strikers that we have missed out on too.

Currently the only player we know 100% that we missed out on was Moore-Taylor and ironically he was a defender, so technically Riddick is right, we have actually missed out on 100% more defenders than attackers so far!

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: