Poll
Question: Do you really care?
Yes I will be joining in with saying 'I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God.' - 6 (8.2%)
I don't really care but will be tuning in as its a historic event. - 19 (26%)
I don't really care, but hey its a day off work which I can use to do something more interesting. - 15 (20.5%)
I couldn't give a toss about it, but suppose the monarchy does bring tourism cash into the Country... - 3 (4.1%)
Scrap the lot of 'em! - 30 (41.1%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Coronation  (Read 5816 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 09:59:40 »

Just seeing if people are interested really....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:01:24 »

If its on I'll glance at it (weather looks shit, Mrs will have it on).

There's a danger she'll find the prince Andrew/Epstein commemorative mug that I've added to her collection this weekend.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:03:44 »

Will be working during the spectacle but, seeing as I have spent the majority of my working life in uniformed service, I would probably swear along if I were at home watching the TV
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:06:52 »

Can't bring myself to get worked up over it, but it is a load of weird bollocks. If it brings some joy to some people that's good I suppose. I'm certainly happy to get a day off work (although it would have been nicer if it wasn't in a month already full of days off, if I'm being picky!)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:12:01 »

I will watch because its history, I doubt I will be around to see another one TBH.

Will have a few drinks just because I fancy them but I am by no means a royalist.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:12:14 »

I'm not sure if the timing is annoying or not. We already have 2 Bank Holidays in May so in some ways it would have been nice to have it in June or July to break the gap between May and August up a bit.

That said, I'm using the time for visiting. My wife has been baking a LOT of coronation quiches and trifles for various events she arranges for people in sheltered housing and whilst they are delicious, I'm getting bored of testing them now! Smiley

I think I am in the same camp as Nemo, I've avoided the news a lot this week as I also think it's 'a load of weird bollocks'. But I know it brings joy to loads of people also so que sera.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:19:27 »

Looking at the weather I suspect (much as with Brenda's funeral) that I will have a ride out on my bike in the morning for a few hours (exploiting the quieter roads) and then come home and likely watch whatever is on. When is the crowning bit scheduled for?

I did mention to the missus that I should probably watch it as I may not see another, but she pointed out that Brian is already 74 so who knows.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:23:43 »

Don’t care about it to be honest.
A day off means very little when you’re retired 😂
I’d rather have Charles as head of state than some elected twat like BJ
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:32:04 »

I will watch because its history, I doubt I will be around to see another one TBH.

Will have a few drinks just because I fancy them but I am by no means a royalist.

Your 20 years younger than Charlie.
My old man went to London to see the Queens coronation, so this will be his second. He's at home this time though.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:45:15 »

The royals annoy me, there's too many of them on the gravy train (and births are ahead of deaths unfortunately) and their bill to the taxpayer is grotesque, but as they're here may as well make the most of the pomp which brings joy to many.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 11:05:45 »

I've been camping on the Mall for the last three weeks just to get a glimpse. I am in my union jack suit.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 11:06:40 »

Pomp is what it sounds like, pompous. I'm not fond of "pomp" in any form personally

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 11:35:42 »

Your 20 years younger than Charlie.
Yes with Cancer, a heart problem and blood clots on my lungs. I wouldnt put money on me seeing this season out tbh! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 11:54:14 »

Not the slightest bit interested.  Ruined my Saturday football, yet Tottenham play in London and can still kick off at 3o’clock on Saturday. If they can so can we, fuck the coronation.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:12:49 »

Waste of money.

Chaz III will play it by the book when he has the ideal platform to speak out on the issues that matter.
Suspend Parliament at the next state opening & orf with their heads.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: