Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2023/24 Kits  (Read 41497 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2023, 23:13:04 »

Why they never learn that it looks dog shit when they do that I have no idea.

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1674134742076215298?t=ZqfE4ShsfZQLuBsFUtUN0A&s=19

Because people buy them?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 04:48:57 »

Overall, I think it's fine. I'm not sure what people want really...as I've already said, my preference would be for white shorts but we've worn red ones quite a few times over the years and quite a lot of people like the all red so...yeah...it's all good...better than last season's effort with the black mixed in which didn't work for me...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 06:23:55 »

Overall, I think it's fine. I'm not sure what people want really...as I've already said, my preference would be for white shorts but we've worn red ones quite a few times over the years and quite a lot of people like the all red so...yeah...it's all good...better than last season's effort with the black mixed in which didn't work for me...

My wants from a home kit don’t really differ year to year. I also don’t think they are particularly over the top.

1. Somethings a bit unique that isn’t a bog standard template other clubs have or you can literally buy from the kit manufacturers website for £7.99.

2. A tertiary colour after Red & White because red and white is extremely common kit colours. Ideally for me - green as we did in the 90s (when half our club badge was green) even now I’d take gold because we have gold on our current club badge.

…the last three kits have been really good on the first point.
I said at the time - I really like last season kit. The swirls pattern was a nice throw back.
However, it was extremely poor on my second want. Black ffs. If it had been green (…or even gold) or a combination of both I’d have liked the kit infinitely better.

…well that’s what I’d like from a home kit away.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 07:29:28 »

My wants from a home kit don’t really differ year to year. I also don’t think they are particularly over the top.

1. Somethings a bit unique that isn’t a bog standard template other clubs have or you can literally buy from the kit manufacturers website for £7.99.

2. A tertiary colour after Red & White because red and white is extremely common kit colours. Ideally for me - green as we did in the 90s (when half our club badge was green) even now I’d take gold because we have gold on our current club badge.

…the last three kits have been really good on the first point.
I said at the time - I really like last season kit. The swirls pattern was a nice throw back.
However, it was extremely poor on my second want. Black ffs. If it had been green (…or even gold) or a combination of both I’d have liked the kit infinitely better.

…well that’s what I’d like from a home kit away.

Point 2 i couldnt agree with more. Kits need a third colour as an accent. The best kits have it always. I guess its a cost thing at our level. The current kit with some gold/black/green accents would be twice as good.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 08:11:54 »

Doesn't bother me as I'm a 50+ year old man  Smiley
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:32:10 »

Anyone seen Barnsley's new kit. Very Captain America esq.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:34:10 »

Barnsley showing us that our kit could of been so much worse

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:34:42 »

That is incredibly busy on the front and then almost entirely plain on the back. It is also Puma, who are clearly absolutely on one this summer...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:39:30 »

Didn't know Barnsley had won 6 World Cups  Huh?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 10:02:03 »

In a perverse, bat crap crazy way I quite like that! I assume the US styling is being driven by the sponsor, strange they are sponsored by a US mobile company?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 10:24:05 »

That is a shocker!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 10:29:16 »

Point 2 i couldnt agree with more. Kits need a third colour as an accent. The best kits have it always. I guess its a cost thing at our level. The current kit with some gold/black/green accents would be twice as good.
On the other hand, I'm not a fan of having a third colour... it's impossible to keep everyone happy. At least we won't have to put up with a Barnsley like abomination...
DMC

« Reply #117 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 10:36:56 »

This thread shows you'll never get it right i suppose. I liked last years others hated it and so on
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 10:56:52 »

This thread shows you'll never get it right i suppose. I liked last years others hated it and so on

I'm not sure what a bunch of grumpy middle aged men think about it should really be  a massive concern for the club.  Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 11:07:49 »

Training kit is now in public domain
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: