Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 ... 160   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 221077 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2220 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 19:22:57 »

Yeah,with Diallo,Foden,Diaz and Gundogan among others under his tutelage
Am I missing something here? Diallo plays for Man United unless you mean the one now at Derry, Gundogan was signed from Dortmund and Dias from Benfica (after Kennedy left). So he wouldn’t have coached any of them apart from possibly Foden.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2221 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 19:35:09 »

Lets see who his coaching team is shall we, does not distract from the current issues though, still no statement or communication from Clem & Co and no sign of any off field changes and no admittance of how they got it so wrong last season.

I'll give Kennedy time, like the talk of a project he has been sol something, just a shame nobody can tell the fans what it is.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2222 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 19:52:09 »

I'm not against his appointment, gotta give him a chance. All depends on how much he gets for players and whether they are his players.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #2223 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 20:56:12 »

I remember this guy coming through for Millwall. He had a very decent career and on paper there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be managing at a L2 club. Should have some good contacts in the game. Sadly he likely won’t need them.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #2224 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 23:13:13 »

As I understand it, Flynn is discussing the vacant Cheltenham job with their CEO. If he gets it, he wants Charlie there for one last year.

At the last game of the season, GG didn’t name Charlie in the match day squad. Someone called Clem in Aus and told him. He was immediately on the phone to GG and told him that not only would he be in the squad, he WILL be playing from the start   

He threatened to fire GG immediately after the game if this didn’t happen.

Meanwhile, Charlie has known of the new Manager appointment for a few days.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2225 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 23:15:33 »

As I understand it, Flynn is discussing the vacant Cheltenham job with their CEO. If he gets it, he wants Charlie there for one last year.

At the last game of the season, GG didn’t name Charlie in the match day squad. Someone called Clem in Aus and told him. He was immediately on the phone to GG and told him that not only would he be in the squad, he WILL be playing from the start   

So not only is he a shit owner he interferes with the starting lineup as well. Just gets worst….
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2226 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 04:43:43 »

Taken in isolation, it's a reasonable enough appointment. Watch this space...
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #2227 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 06:38:17 »

History
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #2228 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 06:57:19 »

So not only is he a shit owner he interferes with the starting lineup as well. Just gets worst….
For once this is one i disagree with. It was a nothing game in which Austin needed to score to hit a milestone, it was nothing but a cuntish vindictive move from Gunning and shows him for the person he is
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2229 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 06:57:28 »

Ryan Whelan on LSpod using the terrifying words 'back five' to describe Kennedy's play. Much better defensive record than anyone else we've had recently though.

Overall though he's got a half decent CV, this feels like a "normal" Flitcroft/Wellens/Garner L2 appointment. Probably not going to turn a miserable club into a successful one, but he has some clear strengths over Gunning. Now we need to see progress higher up the chain of command.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 07:11:48 by Nemo » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2230 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 07:19:13 »

For once this is one i disagree with. It was a nothing game in which Austin needed to score to hit a milestone, it was nothing but a cuntish vindictive move from Gunning and shows him for the person he is

Agreed, Also an opportunity for Austin to have a proper goodbye with the fans
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2231 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 07:23:01 »

I haven’t seen any mention of backroom staff with Kennedy. Are we safe in assuming that Kennedy will bring his own people in and Gunning will be shipped out? I heard there was a press conference today. So I would assume that Kennedy will talk about who he will bring in his backroom staff today
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #2232 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 07:26:50 »

I haven’t seen any mention of backroom staff with Kennedy. Are we safe in assuming that Kennedy will bring his own people in and Gunning will be shipped out? I heard there was a press conference today. So I would assume that Kennedy will talk about who he will bring in his backroom staff today

Yeah i would hope thats covered today. Keeping Gunning is a red flag for me, i would want Kennedy to bring someone in with him.
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #2233 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 07:30:51 »

“Details of Mark’s coaching staff going into the new season will be confirmed in due course.” - This was all that was mentioned in the announcement article.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #2234 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 07:40:31 »

Agreed, Also an opportunity for Austin to have a proper goodbye with the fans

Thirded! It was good to see Austin score his last two for the town in an otherwise nothing game.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 ... 160   Go Up
Print
Jump to: