Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 19206 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:06:00 »

Quote from: Red Frog
I think that tells you how much he cares at this point.

Harsh. Thought it was selfless to let the guy who won the penalty take it. At 4-1 it didn't matter
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #211 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:07:01 »

Nice to see the scum got beat 2-0 at Barnsley leaving them in 20th place on goal difference but with a game in hand over Morecambe who are on the same points.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:08:57 »

All we can do is hope😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:12:00 »

So glad I missed this one...  Doh

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:30:11 »

Harsh. Thought it was selfless to let the guy who won the penalty take it. At 4-1 it didn't matter
Agreed.

Darcy earned that pen.  So good to see the senior pro letting a very hard working, fringe player get the reward.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:31:06 »

Morris:
- Scored during some difficult spells
- Didnt start well.
- Poor goal to concede
- Good work from Lavinier got us back into the game
- Scored some good goals, but should have scored more
- We were in better control in previous games
- Looked a threat today
- Huge shout to Brynn in goal
- Second half start was worse than first
- At 3-1 up the next goal was pivotal. If it wasnt for Brynn, who made 2 outstanding saves, it could have been different
- When we had a poor spell, Brynn stood up tall
- We attacked from all over the pitch which Morris likes. He also likes them all to defend too
- Like to get both full backs attacking
- Williams played on the right in a different position as Morris thought he would offer a threat there
- Jephcott: Always judged on goals. If you carry on working hard then luck changes. Pleased for him. He has unlucky not to have that many minutes
- Have to mention the start to the second half as we can't play like that and win
- We are a young group. Had to make subs for players on yellows to make sure we didnt put ourselves in a difficult position
- If we keep making the same mistakes we won't get any better. So have to pick them up on stuff
- Later in the second half we dealt with the threat on our goal better
- When you shown signs of getting better (not just results) by creating chances then its nice
- RHM: Tonsillitis
- FBT: Thigh injury from last game. Will struggle to be available for the rest of the season
- Jaxon Brown: If there hadnt been players on yellows Morris would have looked to bring him on.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:40:56 »

Clayton:
- A buzz to score infront of the Swindon fans
- Ball took ages to come to him. Expected to get smashed from behind. Ball took ages to go into the net
- Hutton has got into the same areas. When he gets space there he puts it into the same area
- We have definitely played better. Started both halves badly
- Brynn did his job. Clayton's goal knocked the stuffing out of them
- Last 25 mins was important to not give them a sniff.
- 5-1 'is even more better' than 4-1
- Gets on well with Brewitt on and off the pitch. Communicate well
- Been disappointed with terrible run of games
- Finishing the season is important. There is a large chunk of players and the manager who are going to be here next year.
- There isn't a set way to play. Its all about variety and thinking about what you are doing. All good players and all capable of making decisions

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:47:49 »

Hawes:
- Not what we were expecting
- Found goals when opportunities were presented to them
- As Clayton said, if Wimbledon had scored at the beginning of the second half
- Brewitt/Clayton partnership for next year: Hawes thinks Clayton and a more experienced CB. But Brewitt may get better
- Cain and Khan didnt dominate midfield. They go through. McEachran could be feisty and tidy. Cain just played it simple
- Jephcott: Took penalty well and was very calm for the other goal. Can't criticise his effort in any games. He has just had very little service. Good on him ending the season with a flourish
- Stevenage: They put pressure on teams. Dont want to see Evans celebrating promotion at the County Ground
- Biggest away win since 1968.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 16:48:29 »

Fuck off Swindon Town FC. Weird as fuck football club. What’s the point of performing at this point of the season?

....and if we hadn't what would people have said then?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 17:04:11 »

Great win. About as comprehensive as it gets. Good on Jephcott scoring a few. Fuck it might aswell go for him in summer. More than one poster claimed Austin had signed a new deal, I’m not so sure, and if he hasn’t no need to play him again this season. Hutton 12 assists at this level is a joke, most assists in all 4 leagues from a defender. Shame he’s only started to turn up and give it his all again recently. Gonna be near on impossible to replace that attacking outlet getting 12 assists  from the back imo.
Wakeling 8 goals also in his first full season as a pro - should be a big asset next season.

Fans deserved that after this pathetic season. Dead rubber and no pressure on players, Limited opposition in a rancid run of form, but you can only beat what’s infront of you end of day. Now start planning for next season.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 17:29:13 »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12863675/afc-wimbledon-1-5-swindon-town-league-two-highlights

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
adje

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 17:37:03 »

Talented squad. No doubt. Leadership and maybe 2 good additions and we're good to go next season in my opinion.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 17:46:12 »

Fuck off Swindon Town FC. Weird as fuck football club. What’s the point of performing at this point of the season?

Shut up.

Does it? I thought it showed great maturity from a senior player. Austin could quite easily have claimed a goal there but won't really make much difference to his career. But actually he showed unselfishness in recognising that for Darcy, it would be great for him to get the opportunity to score. Way more important for his confidence - as Austin will score for fun  when getting the service.

I just think it was a nice touch as Darcy seemed keen when he came on and probably deserved a goal shortly before. Kudos - classy from Charlie Austin

==============

Great win today with credit to Morris and Brand. Seems they have appeared to have turned the corner and if Town continue to get positive results in the final few fixtures then that is only a good thing in my book - on the pitch particularly.

One draw
Two wins
Two clean sheets
Three games unbeaten
6 goals scored, only one conceded
Seven points from nine

Nae too shabby like ye ken

NB:
Hutton - Whether 'we' want him gone or not and whilst he did what he is capable of doing regularly today, his discipline was poor and could have easily seen a red. I or anyone doesn't have to like a player for them to be good but if he does regularly what he can do and let's his football do the talking then there will be no need for antagonising tweets or Insta posts. Time to grow up and put the social media wind ups to bed.

It's all moot though as he won't be a Town player next season

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 18:00:20 »

He looked like he cared at the end when he came over and hugged johnny and Darcy
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 18:15:54 »

On the train on the way home.

Wasn’t going to bother today, glad I did Smiley

For a comprehensive win our keeper was quite busy and made some good saves, however they were shocking at the back
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: