Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle Fan in peace  (Read 3387 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:27:28 »

Charles Brakespear and Darren Drysdale are names that always scare me...

I would like to retract my statement. The League Two Pierluigi Collina. Flawless performance tonight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:30:08 »

Drysdale was actually good.  Even waited to try and play advantage.

must have had an off day
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:33:01 »

Very good. Best ref performance that stands out to me this season I’ve seen. Let the game flow well.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:33:59 »

Exactly. Extremely good performance tonight. Reminded us what we've been missing most of the season.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 22:05:45 »

DNA and I both agreed that Drysdale had a good game tonight.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 22:59:23 »

DNA and I both agreed that Drysdale had a good game tonight.

Very good ref & doesn't take any shit.

Please excuse my ignorance, I've been meaning to ask, but who or what is a DNA?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 23:13:43 »

Davidov Nicholas Anderson

…it’s his son, as in formed from his own Deoxyribonucleic acid
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 07:01:13 »

I've always thought Drysdale refs our games well, has moments of baffling decision making but overall has always seeme pretty decent.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 07:56:09 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9275999/Referee-Darren-Drysdale-toast-following-inexcusable-headbutt-Ipswichs-Alan-Judge.html

This is the Drysdale I've always seen before. Maybe allows too much to go and then the red mist descends onto the pitch and he gets involved.

Last night he let almost everything go but perhaps it was two well disciplined sides that stopped it turning into murderball. Rare that we are disciplined but I thought we were yesterday.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 08:01:02 »

The only questionable decision I can remember last night was when a Swindon clearance from our own box - which would have almost certainly gone to a Bradford defender - hit Drysdale on the back and deflected perfectly into Jonny Williams' path to start a counter attack and rather than stop the game for a drop ball (which would have gone back to us) he decided to play on. Had we gone on to score from that, I think it would have been very unfair to Bradford. Yes we get the ball back in both scenarios, but from the drop ball, it allows Bradford time to get back into shape.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 08:02:23 »

Could anyone work out why Hughes was going mental with the ref when he stopped the game for the Bradford player to get treatment for I think a bloody nose over by our dugout late in the second half...?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 08:11:32 »

Could anyone work out why Hughes was going mental with the ref when he stopped the game for the Bradford player to get treatment for I think a bloody nose over by our dugout late in the second half...?

No idea whatsoever. Proper odd.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 08:17:51 »

I did wonder whether a stray elbow may have caused the bloody nose and Hughes was moaning about it, but there were no 'elbow' mimes or obvious queries about red cards so it probably wasn't that. Perhaps he didn't think the referees watch was stopped quickly enough or something (no idea how he could know that mind)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 08:38:42 »

Last time I remember Hughes being unhappy at the CG was when he played for Man Utd.  Smiley
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 09:33:27 »

The Shrivy slap.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: