Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Mansfield Town Match Day Thread  (Read 26816 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:02:26 »

A shambolic performance. Part of me wants to just go cold turkey and come back in pre-season and see who is still standing but, like many of us, I'm basically an addict at this point, so I keep coming back...

A few thoughts:-

Morris: Baffling back line. Worrying that he has evidently fallen out with Clayton, who was one of the few who looked a good acquisition before his injury, and Williams. Tactically the first half was a disaster. Also very surprised to see everyone come out for the second half. I appreciate his reasoning but for me he needed to ring the changes. I have gone from being delighted we got him and feeling it was a coup for the club, to then being an apologist and now feeling frankly a bit worried about his ability. That said, even if we lose every game from now until the end of the season I'd give him the summer and a transfer window. To pay him and Brand off would likely cost a fortune and reflect extremely poorly on us as a club. Sandro goes before they do whatever happens.

As for the players, even if you hate the manager's guts there should be a level of performance as a professional and today most of the team fell below that, and that is on them as individuals.

Brynn: Everything that is going wrong with our defence starts with Brynn. He is an above average shot stopper and he had a few cracking games for us earlier in the year but other than that I think he's absolutely woeful. His kicking is pathetic, he ignores instructions from the bench to go long, he is so mute he could be dressed as a mime artist, he is physically weak, rooted to his line and generally offers absolutely nothing to the defensive unit. He shouldn't play another game for us.

Hutton: The worst fullback I've ever seen. Make BOO look like Maldini. He actually can't head a ball. He had an aerial pass come at him from 50 yards today that he was totally unchallenged for, he watched it the entire way and then it hit his shoulder. Quite extraordinary. He can't tackle, has no positional sense and is physically weak. Clearly doesn't want to be here. Shows no effort or desire. He can cross a ball. That's it.

FBT: Fallen off a cliff. Rank at Hartlepool, rank today.

Brewitt: Hasn't won a game for us but our best defender over that period. That is a VERY low bar I admit! Feel a bit sorry for him. Shows fight and desire and played a few nice long balls, including one great 'diag' out to Tomlinson. A trier. Good enough to be a squad defender next year. Hasn't shrunk in any game that I've seen. Talks.

Tomlinson: There's a player there but he's a wingback and nothing more. Physically weak.

Khan: Gets worse with every game.

McEachran: Tidy but another who is pathetically weak.

Darcy: Can't fault his effort most weeks but he has zero tools in his box. Slow, weak, ineffectual.

RHM: Must keep. Like him. Looks to have lost a stone at least.

Austin: A starving fox in a box who is totally wasted in this sea of piss.

Wakeling: Please can we stop with the wing back experiment?

Kadji: If we are playing him to save money then I'll pay it. Just send me the bill, please. I'm begging you.

Williams: Looked a cut above the rest of these goons. Clearly isn't staying though if he's fallen out with the manager.

Shade: Offered nothing.

Lavinier: Fine. Should start over Hutton for the rest of the year.

What I find odd is that these guys aren't Lionel Messi. They can't afford to down tools if they don't like Morris. Whatever they think of him, he's achieved more in the game than most of them ever will and there is a reason for that. He had people like Marcel Desailly wishing him luck on getting the job. That doesn't make him a good manager but it means he has the respect of some world class players for what he's done in football, even if his career as a player tailed off early. Vialli made him captain of Chelsea. He must have something about him as a person. These piss takers don't even command the respect of each other. They should be playing for the fans, themselves and their careers. If they aren't then they shouldn't be at Swindon, and on today's viewing we should be showing most of them the door as soon as we possibly can.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:13:06 »

What makes you think Williams has fallen out with the manager?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:34:24 »

Just for laughs😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:52:37 »

9200 watching that fucking shite.

Gutless, talentless, weak as piss.
Sleep walking to the National League.

So quiet off the pitch, no direction, nothing with intent and lacking football experience.

Like last Saturday unacceptable.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 18:59:01 »

My dislike for 352 with wing backs is well known but IF Morris is insistent on playing that way then surely your two wing backs come from Hutton/Lavinier/Tomlinson and your 3 centre halves come from Brewitt/Minturn/Clayton/FBT.

With that personnel all available why the fuck would you entertain putting a wing back at centre half and a striker at wing back meanwhile leaving two centre halves out the squad completely?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:00:12 »

9200 watching that fucking shite.

Gutless, talentless, weak as piss.
Sleep walking to the National League.

So quiet off the pitch, no direction, nothing with intent and lacking football experience.

Like last Saturday unacceptable.

That team would get eaten alive in the National league🤣

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:10:55 »

The most concerning aspect regarding Morris is that the accepted wisdom when you are on a terrible run is to try and make yourself had to beat.

Similarly, if your defence is appalling, then try and go full Kevin Keegan and outscore the opposition.

We aren't looking like we are trying to do either of those things. I'm honestly not sure what we were trying to achieve today.

We go 1 up and then NEVER try and turn the screw on the opposition.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:22:46 »

The players are mostly shit, but the manager is cluless.
Stinks of arrogance and naivity, in line with how the club is run tbh.

The starting 11 today was baffling.   Sure we expected to lose but to send them out there in that formation was suicide.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:24:27 »

The players are mostly shit, but the manager is cluless.
Stinks of arrogance and naivity, in line with how the club is run tbh.

The starting 11 today was baffling.   Sure we expected to lose but to send them out there in that formation was suicide.

He's been in charge 11/12 games which is a quarter of the season!

RJack

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:27:57 »

Interesting that Clayton and Jephcott not in the squad. I expect we won’t be signing LJ in the summer then. Clayton has dipped a bit recently too.
I’ve been told Clayton wants out, apparently hates it at Swindon.  Not sure the reason whether he’s just not settled or whether it’s because of the new mangement
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:29:33 »

He's been in charge 11/12 games which is a quarter of the season!
That's OK then
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:31:50 »

I was really hoping Morris would be one of those managers who gets that extra 10% out of average players.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:33:17 »

That's OK then

You've missed my point I'm highlighting that he's had enough games to expect to see an improvement.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:36:24 »

60 quid saved today takes the sting out of it for me today.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 19:38:16 »

You've missed my point I'm highlighting that he's had enough games to expect to see an improvement.
Apologies that's not how it read.  

No point in getting shot now as season is done and will cost a packet, but if he's falling out with players, not taking any responsibility at all and not affecting games (in a positive way) then I may as well be in charge.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: