Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 23990 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:54:54 »

Well he was at the sponsors night Thursday
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:01:03 »

I think I agree with everything Morris said - which begs the question, he surely knew what our squad looked like when he took the gig?  That's my main worry with him - has he taken this because he, and we, were certain he'd be able to work with the approach?  It doesn't sound like he is fully onboard - did the sales of Reed, Gladwin & MacDonald all take place in some sort of vacuum he couldn't see?  And was he not aware we were signing youth to replace them?

If you look at those three, none of whom were playing that well, their sale was the end of our season - especially when we brought in a Manager with no experience at this level, or managing a team.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:02:24 »

®STFC since 1879.

Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:03:06 »

Back home already albeit in Hartlepool headland.
Cracking day on the piss, football just fuck off Swindon absolute shite.

Our fans absolute credit once again the ones that do this week in and week out.
Deserve so much more.
Technically superior weak as piss, no game management on the pitch or on the bench.
They were poor, that sums up everything.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:03:10 »

Wonder what made JM think it would be any different when he took the job. He saw what we had,new the "recruitment policy" if he's moaning about the quality of players why take the job? I Personally think the quality of our team for League 2 is good enough to reach the play offs. OK people don't agree,that's fair enough.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:04:28 »

...he surely knew what our squad looked like when he took the gig?  That's my main worry with him - has he taken this because he, and we, were certain he'd be able to work with the approach?...did the sales of Reed, Gladwin & MacDonald all take place in some sort of vacuum he couldn't see?

Is it possible that he also thought he might have been in post sooner and also have had the chance to sign more players he might have identified/wanted?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:05:33 »

Sorry,just noticed Robert T post which pretty much says the same

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:06:32 »

I would also add coaching elite acedemy players without any pressure is a million miles apart from preparing for robust league 2 but he must have known it would be a difficult task.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:06:53 »

Our worst finish for 40 years?

The way things are going, not impossible that we record our worst ever

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:07:38 »

I think it's fair enough for Morris to come in on a more or less free hit, given even the Jan business had been done (or more often not) before he started, then judge him on his recruitment. We did the same for Wellens, who started with a 1-4 defeat. Very little point getting on his back now.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:08:39 »

Wonder what made JM think it would be any different when he took the job. He saw what we had,new the "recruitment policy" if he's moaning about the quality of players why take the job? I Personally think the quality of our team for League 2 is good enough to reach the play offs. OK people don't agree,that's fair enough.

I'm sure you're not forgetting but there's also the clusterfuck of compounded injuries and suspensions to boot that meant he technically had had a weaker squad than Lindsey to start with. Maybe the last two games he's had close to the best available but I still stand by that Town should have got him in a bit earlier, in order to have given him a full (or most of a) transfer window and his full support.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:10:23 »

I would also add coaching elite acedemy players without any pressure is a million miles apart from preparing for robust league 2 but he must have known it would be a difficult task.

He was coaching a combination of talents at Derby. He hasn't always been just a Chelsea Cone Carrier *looks up and thinks of Reg*

'Incessant Nonsense'

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:12:38 »

No, I just don't have the memory of a goldfish like you seem to have. I remember watching Gillingham away against 10 men and questioning my sanity.  But now we are in a similar situation with a poorer squad but worse results (hardly surprising) and a rookie manager that everyone seems to expect to be able to turn this group into league winners in 11 games.

No one expects that. We all know Morris dealt a shit hand...mediocre players, not appointed until the very end of the Window etc etc etc and I'm not writing him off...but with any new manager it would be reasonable to expect to see one or two 'green shoots' of hope for next season. We've seen nothing whatsoever in any way, shape or form to hang our hats on...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:13:45 »

I'm sure you're not forgetting but there's also the clusterfuck of compounded injuries and suspensions to boot that meant he technically had had a weaker squad than Lindsey to start with. Maybe the last two games he's had close to the best available but I still stand by that Town should have got him in a bit earlier, in order to have given him a full (or most of a) transfer window and his full support.
No mate,I hadn't. Which is why I've not really been on his back til now. Now he has with those injured and suspended players returning,what I think is a decent squad he still seems to be lacking in managerial nous

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 17:17:53 »

Is it possible that he also thought he might have been in post sooner and also have had the chance to sign more players he might have identified/wanted?

I wondered this. Seems a bit of a coincidence to me he was appointed on the last day of the window to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: