Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aims for the remaining games  (Read 7330 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 17:50:23 »

Courtesy of drs via Twitter

4 of those points (so just under a third) came from Mad Gav’s 2 games in charge!!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 17:55:46 »

Win the Wiltshire Shield!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 18:30:25 »

Trying to be glass half full about this season and the next one.....

I feel under Morris, the team has slowly but surely improved, fitness levels are rising, and the team seem to be pressing as a team and working hard for the majority of the game. The negatives are that we've not seen any/much action in the final 3rd and whatever this zonal defense system is, they haven't got it bedded down yet as we are very prone to leaking easy goals.

In a way, we are rank outsiders now for doing anything this year, and I hope that eases whatever pressure was being felt so that we simply go out and play football. There a bunch of winnable games in the next 9 and whilst I may be utterly deluded and probably derided, there is a lot still to play for.

Next up Hartlepool....should be 3 points, then Mansfield, Tranmere, Barrow.....all teams around us. It seems like a big ask but 12/12 is possible, that will make the last 5 matches really interesting. There will be one or two teams in the Top 10 who have a poor set of results.

Recruitment. The Sandro approach has yielded one or two gems.....also one or two donkeys, and arguably we've been quick to cash in on experience and sold well established players on without anything substantial to replace.

If Morris can get in McEachran / Brewitt, who as out of contract are still good footballers, then what we get when he's got a blank canvas to start from, I will be excited to see.

Williams likely to go, will be a shame, but he's not running rings round anyone now in League 2, they all know he spends the majority of the time falling over and looking for a free kick, and no matter where that is on the pitch, we carry next to zero much threat of scoring from one, particularly as Cain seems to have been demoted to bench warmer (anyone know why? eg...Why Darcy brought on an not Cain who can make things happen with both feet and isn't powder puff running around)

Definitely need a call on Austin....either build a team to support feeding him in the box for next season or move him on and free up some wage budget. He should not be coming back to the half way line to get a touch of the ball. Me personally, I still think he's lethal in the box and would rather have him with us for a couple more seasons with a view to blooding him into coaching thereafter.

Hutton seems to have lost his ability to cross, but how much of that is because the balls played to him are generally behind him...if he had something to run onto at pace then maybe just maybe we'd see some goalmouth action.

Well....I started off saying glass half full, I have rambled a bit, but as a closing comment, I think we look better each mach under JM, and over time we will reap the rewards of his football knowledge and massive contacts list. However it finishes this year, we have a club, we own the ground and the future for our little bit of the footballing world is pretty positive. I'm sure we'll get out of Div 2 soon! That's what keeps me going back anyway.

Agree with quite alot of your ramblings there but there isn't much to play for at all.   We've won 5 games in 5 months, there is no way we will win the next 4, possibly wont win another 4 all season.   Should have beaten Walsall and Rochdale too but barely deserved a draw in either.

Also Cain hasn't impressed me at all, very young and will improve but reminds me of Anton Rogers, sideways, backwards passing and out of position alot.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 20:18:46 »

Win the Wiltshire Shield!

Raced into a 3-0 lead (Adeloye & Kadji x2)
Pulled back 2-3 and (unsurprisingly) a man sent off (Kanu)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 20:19:07 »

25 left to play
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 20:26:44 »

Season red cards (10) rapidly catching up with League wins (13)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 20:48:57 »

It’s like Morris came in noticed we had a lot of short players & decided his best strategy was coaching them all into Dennis Wise.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 20:49:44 »

Although Morris might not view our players as small
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 20:54:42 »

Snow White springs to mind.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 20:57:33 »

It’s like Morris came in noticed we had a lot of short players & decided his best strategy was coaching them all into Dennis Wise.

More likely he is suffering from exactly the same issue Lindsey would have - an immature team.  Not necessarily mentally (I have no idea on that front) but in terms of the first team game smarts.  I very much doubt U23 football has all the niggling we see in Div 4 - the type that gets RHM sent off for example.  Khan is the surprising one - he's played at a lower level without much by way of a disciplinary issue it seems.  Maybe just the advancing game minutes and more experienced pro's winding him up.

Just like they are prone to more mistakes, as they haven't played proper pressure football yet.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 20:59:59 »

More likely he is suffering from exactly the same issue Lindsey would have - an immature team.  Not necessarily mentally (I have no idea on that front) but in terms of the first team game smarts.  I very much doubt U23 football has all the niggling we see in Div 4 - the type that gets RHM sent off for example.  Khan is the surprising one - he's played at a lower level without much by way of a disciplinary issue it seems.  Maybe just the advancing game minutes and more experienced pro's winding him up.

Just like they are prone to more mistakes, as they haven't played proper pressure football yet.

No, it’s definitely the Dennis Wise thing.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 21:08:52 »

Two red cards in 17 games when your actual Dennis Wise was our manager... would probably take that now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 21:10:02 »

Two red cards in 17 games when your actual Dennis Wise was our manager... would probably take that now.

That’s because Dennis Wise coached them to play like Gus Poyet!!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 21:11:00 »

More likely he is suffering from exactly the same issue Lindsey would have - an immature team.  Not necessarily mentally (I have no idea on that front) but in terms of the first team game smarts.  I very much doubt U23 football has all the niggling we see in Div 4 - the type that gets RHM sent off for example.  Khan is the surprising one - he's played at a lower level without much by way of a disciplinary issue it seems.  Maybe just the advancing game minutes and more experienced pro's winding him up.

Khan is also one of the older players, but maybe the most immature.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 21:13:54 »

When/where is the final? #10,000toWestbury
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: