Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Stockport County thread  (Read 22441 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 18:12:24 »

Considering everyone else thinks Lindsey was a rubbish manager (fair point) and that Morris is a good manager (based on nothing) then yes, I’d expect to see what everyone considers a better manager getting better results from the same group of players.

Discipline has definitely got worse since Morris has been here. Is that a coincidence?
We’ve had more injuries since Morris got here, is that a coincidence?

Honestly, I don’t know the answers and I don’t know how Morris will fair long term. I really don’t.
I’m just genuinely baffled as to why fans are so certain of him already and why he’s getting an absolute free pass for what is now 3 wins in 11 games.

We weren’t a great team before he got here but we aren’t bottom feeders. We weren’t 3 wins in 11 bad. We were 6th. Again, yes the players aren’t the best but the tactics we’ve employed have been game costing on serval occasions which is mainly going unsaid.

We could have quite easily got a 0-0 today but we’re that focusing on playing passing football that we won’t even lump it in the box at 0-0 80 minute with a man down, that’s fucking scandalous.
Whether that tactics or individual player decision or both - it’s fucking school boy stuff imo.

A lot of generalisation in there.  I don’t consider Morris a good manager, I consider him to have been handed a pile of shit and then had an injury/suspension crisis thrown at him for good measure.  The jury is out until he gets his own players in and can put his own mark on the team, but to constantly blame him for everything that is going on under the circumstances, and spouting Morris out at every opportunity is absolute bollocks.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 18:14:49 »

Writing was on the wall when Sandro appointed Lindsey and then subsequently spived his way through interviews on the subject.

Has he fucked off yet can anyone confirm? Was he there today? I need cheering up after that.
Angus was asked. He not committedly said that everyone was trying their hardest and hoped to be there doing the same next year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 18:14:51 »

Didn't see the game today, but have seen a few Twitter highlights.

Truly remarkable that our defensive shape was bad enough for Wakeling to be the last man after 34 seconds.

After weeks of conceding to opposition set pieces, conceding from one of our own is at least variety.

Looks like the ref was a bit of a Herbert. It happens. Never seemingly as much for us as against us, but I'm sure that's STFC tinted glasses.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 18:19:08 »

And Morris said it wasn't Darcy's (from context) fault that Hussey was faster than him. It was down to whoever called Hutton over to play it short and the rest of the team for not setting up properly to ensure a counter wasn't on.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 18:32:55 »

…our recent games we’ve shot ourselves in the foot with the way we defend corners and the insistence of playing it short.

That tactics and that’s Morris.

He isn’t blameless in this shit run.

However you may like to coat the turd in hundreds and thousands, he has taken us from 6th and in the playoffs (when SL left and Mad Gav maintained) to 11th and 10 points outside the playoffs.

Far from saying he should go or any such nonsense, but the excuses and free pass he is getting is odd, whatever happens he is gonna need to hit the ground sprinting next season.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 18:39:33 »

I am not sure at all where we go from here on in as it is all but certain that we are in Divvy 2 again next season and do not really see that much has changed from the omnishambles of last August. We have a manager that still has to convince me he has enough about him to get a team to compete at the level we currently are, and a set of players who in many areas do not have the experience required. Major rebuild needed once again hopefully with JM being able to put “his” squad in place when the dust settles and prove he can do what we all want. What I do not want is the possibility of us being in the exact same position this time next year repeating the same points as I am getting too bloody old to want to see that happen.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 18:51:16 »

Quote from: Nomoreheroes
And Morris said it wasn't Darcy's (from context) fault that Hussey was faster than him. It was down to whoever called Hutton over to play it short and the rest of the team for not setting up properly to ensure a counter wasn't on.

I can't see how anyone could blame Darcy for the goal.

Stupid free kick and a literal slice of luck from their defender did it
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 19:15:00 »

I like others have thrown in the towel this season. I know how positive I’ve been this season including recently. Just goes to show, that after last season we should have been fucking promoted by now. But no.

My thoughts tonight (I didn’t go btw, I just couldn’t summon up the enthusiasm to do so) are that the jury is still out on Sandro (I understand he did ok for Wigan) and this moneyball model. So I conclude that as Lyndsey had the final say on the players Sandro put in front of him. That the brief Sandro had to work from was flawed and that Lyndsey didn’t have the experience to pick apart the players presented to him. Seeing as none of us are on the inside we just have to hope that if Sandro is still involved in getting the players that the matrix he uses is of a better calibre than used this season and that Morris is experienced enough to give the nod to a more rounded team with more of what we need to get us out of this dross league at a canter next season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 19:24:05 »

Did Sandro do ok at Wigan? Sandro thinks so.

But yes, the recruitment model isn't necessarily a failure. Our use of it so far is. As demonstrated by the keys table.

Not every player is terrible. Some are good. But what point is there to that. Are we going to keep enough of the good to build on?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 19:30:48 »

Great catching up with Venks today after such a long time.
What a legend.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 19:34:46 »

yeah, also saw Venks.

and meet posh red
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 19:47:24 »

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 20:00:11 »

I haven't enjoyed the results but hard to remember better interviews. Always honest and one generally gets the sense he's watched the same game! Lets hope the results come next season.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 20:15:09 »

yeah, also saw Venks.

and meet posh red

Nice to meet you both
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, March 25, 2023, 20:19:40 »

Hard to be critical of any of them to be honest, they all put a shift in. Albeit we didn’t create anything

Special mention to the ref, who gave an excellent impression of somebody who was in for a Stockport win bonus, either that or he’s an Oxford fan
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: