Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Stockport County thread  (Read 22235 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 14:02:01 »

The only real physical players we have available are Austin and Brewitt, and one of those was an after thought and based on circumstance.

McE is small but puts himself about a bit too, but we need more.

Gladders was actually doing a fair bit on defensive duties this season, not that he can head particularly.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 14:27:29 »

McE is small but puts himself about a bit too, but we need more.

Gladders was actually doing a fair bit on defensive duties this season, not that he can head particularly.

Agreed about McE but I was comparing to the Wellens team.  The real point is, we don't want George to be an enforcer, we want him to be a creator - he is getting stuck in because of our deficiancies rather than because that is what he is there for.  If you are not built for getting stuck in, you eventually pick up injuries, as we have seen.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 14:32:39 »

It's not just about size, it about the power and athleticism as well.  Benda, Baudry, Grant, Yates, Doyle, Lyden, Woolery are a lot more physical and in most cases bigger than Brynn, Clayton, Khan/Cain, Williams, RHM, George Mac, Hutton.  Even Read liked a tackle.

The only real physical players we have available are Austin and Brewitt, and one of those was an after thought and based on circumstance.

Great point.

Also that season safe to say it helped having the best two forwards in the league with 50 odd goals between them.

And FWIW, the handful of games we lost that season were against  quite a lot of the horrible shithouse hoofing bastards that season, Col U 3 times, Newport twice, Vale away all stick out to me.

But fact is we was that good we didn’t have to worry about size.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 15:04:57 »

Is this Khan’s final game of his 5 game ban?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 15:09:46 »

He's back on Sat - i think

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 15:32:36 »

It's not just about size, it about the power and athleticism as well.  Benda, Baudry, Grant, Yates, Doyle, Lyden, Woolery are a lot more physical and in most cases bigger than Brynn, Clayton, Khan/Cain, Williams, RHM, George Mac, Hutton.  Even Read liked a tackle.

Spot on.
Saturday watched twice in front of me where our players were pushed off the ball in a fair 50/50.

We are simply not equipped at this level to cope in a physical battle.
This has to be addressed pre-season or we will be down here for some time.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 15:34:52 »

Is this Khan’s final game of his 5 game ban?

Ready and available (hopefully avoiding a card).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 19:06:44 »

Clearly not at Rochdale then to witness the mighty Dale, bottom of the league putting 4 past us?
Watching that last night we would have not been equipped to stand up to both sides. It wasn’t pretty but effective.

Yeah, no shit. I wouldn’t expect us to be equipped to match up against two of the top 4 teams in the division above us.

Size is an issue for us but it’s not a blanket answer.
If we continue to defend corners are statically as we do - we could have Andre the Giant at CB and it wouldn’t really help (as side for the fact he wasn’t a football and has been dead 30 years)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 19:59:27 »

Ready and available (hopefully avoiding a card).

I wouldn't put it past him to get a red card in the pre match warm up!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 20:09:43 »

I wouldn't put it past him to get a red card in the pre match warm up!

To be fair Louis Reed got two red cards after the 90 mins was up
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 20:47:24 »

Yeah, no shit. I wouldn’t expect us to be equipped to match up against two of the top 4 teams in the division above us.

Size is an issue for us but it’s not a blanket answer.
If we continue to defend corners are statically as we do - we could have Andre the Giant at CB and it wouldn’t really help (as side for the fact he wasn’t a football and has been dead 30 years)

Nobody said it was a blanket answer, just that we need more

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 21:00:30 »

Nobody said it was a blanket answer, just that we need more

I think you get it.
We simply cannot go any further at this level with this model.
Just hope those who can make it happen make it happen because I’m getting sick and tired of the same outcome.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 21:03:12 »

I think the majority of fans are thinking the same, we need physicality height & experience throughout the spine of the team mixed with some younger eager talented players to take us forward.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 21:07:50 »

I think the majority of fans are thinking the same, we need physicality height & experience throughout the spine of the team mixed with some younger eager talented players to take us forward.

Can only hope now for next season.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 21:13:04 »

Can only hope now for next season.

Yes hope that Morris is given a free reign on recruitment during the summer and that Oxford have slipped into the bottom 4 when this season ends😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: