Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons rebuild 23/24  (Read 29319 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:23:57 »

No to McKirdy, and I am sure the backroom staff would agree

I've seen a few of these veiled comments since he left. What's the craic?
DMC

« Reply #211 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:30:38 »

What you see is what you get with him on and off. He openly admitted in 1 podcast that he was bored so used to pracice his golf tee shots in his fron room for example. He had padded the wall ffs

Everything about him was a nightmare
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:34:22 »

What you see is what you get with him on and off. He openly admitted in 1 podcast that he was bored so used to pracice his golf tee shots in his fron room for example. He had padded the wall ffs

There's no doubt he's a sandwich short of a picnic but there seems to have been a suggestion of bad behaviour beyond just being a lemon.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:44:23 by Mooneyraker » Logged
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:36:51 »

McKirdy was brilliant for us that season, might of not happened for him at other clubs but now lets not pretend he was a bad egg in the dressing room or around the club in his 25 goal season for this club, arguably the reason we made into the play offs with that many goals.

Players, staff, kitmen and fans you name it all loved him that season.

and fwiw, nah I can't see him coming back, why would he? Living it up in a place like Edinburgh on a tidy wage for someone with his personality, and only being an hour flight from home, must be quite the lifestyle.
DMC

« Reply #214 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:42:46 »

McKirdy was brilliant for us that season, might of not happened for him at other clubs but now lets not pretend he was a bad egg in the dressing room or around the club in his 25 goal season for this club, arguably the reason we made into the play offs with that many goals.

Players, staff, kitmen and fans you name it all loved him that season.

and fwiw, nah I can't see him coming back, why would he? Living it up in a place like Edinburgh on a tidy wage for someone with his personality, and only being an hour flight from home, must be quite the lifestyle.
They loved him because he was a lunatic that's for sure.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:48:05 »

I didn't say he was a bad egg, i don't think he was, but..  McKirdy occupied a lot of time for many of the clubs backroom staff, managment and even players (Payne was basically babysitting him at times to keep him in line) - i got told that the coaching staff spent well over 50% of their time just dealing with McKirdy's antics and distractions.

He wasn't tearing up dressing rooms and causing fights (apart from after being sent off) but he got bored quickly, acted by his own rules and made a lot of everyones focus about him, rather than the bigger picture.  It worked for that season, probably because of the way Garner handled the situation, but you could already see the difference in McKirdy once Garner had left in the short stint at the start of this season.

Last season, his performances and goals made it a worthwhile distraction, but that can only work for so long and trying to replicate that scenario with a different set of players and backroom staff would be extremely difficult.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #216 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:48:58 »

true, except his on the pitch perfomances. Not quite Nile Ranger-eque but a handful to manage.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:50:38 »

I didn't say he was a bad egg, i don't think he was, but..  McKirdy occupied a lot of time for many of the clubs backroom staff, managment and even players (Payne was basically babysitting him at times to keep him in line) - i got told that the coaching staff spent well over 50% of their time just dealing with McKirdy's antics and distractions.

He wasn't tearing up dressing rooms and causing fights (apart from after being sent off) but he got bored quickly, acted by his own rules and made a lot of everyones focus about him, rather than the bigger picture.  It worked for that season, probably because of the way Garner handled the situation, but you could already see the difference in McKirdy once Garner had left in the short stint at the start of this season.

Last season, his performances and goals made it a worthwhile distraction, but that can only work for so long and trying to replicate that scenario with a different set of players and backroom staff would be extremely difficult.

Interesting stuff. Thanks. Whilst Morris has that youth coaching background that might work, his alleged disciplinarian streak is unlikely to roll with Harry...
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:59:39 »

Next season rebuild for me.

Keep: Brann, Lavinier, Hutton (but likely to go), Clayton, Minturn, FBT, Tomlinson, Cain, Khan, McEachran, Williams (if possible but I assume unlikely), Wakeling, RHM, Austin (if possible but unlikely I'd assume).

^ Above would put us in a much better position than what we'd usually be in the summer.

Gaps:
- Senior keeper and back up keeper - I'd want to see Brann on loan, Ward #2 would be perfect
- Versatile full back (Rob Hunt) who can play right and left back, emphasis on right if Hutton goes
- Three centre halves, at least 1 big who can head the ball and at least 1 experienced
- Midfield - ball winning midfielder, could then push Khan further forward where he used to play at Chesterfield
- Target man who can hold the ball up, if budget dictates I'd rather see this than Austin FWIW. Another striker who we can develop.

I make that 8/9 signings with 2-3 likely departures of players I'd want us to keep if possible. Wouldn't want any of the loans back and happy to see Iandolo go. Not too fussed on keeping players like Roberts. Baudry to retire and off the wage bill.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 11:17:50 »

Not far off my list JoeMezz.

I have reservations over RHM and Tomlinson, one on ability, one on fitness.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 11:28:41 »

- Target man who can hold the ball up, if budget dictates I'd rather see this than Austin FWIW. Another striker who we can develop.
A player like Kane Hemmings for Tranmere with Wakeling and/or RHM alongside would work well I think

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 11:30:05 »

Next season rebuild for me.

Keep: Brann, Lavinier, Hutton (but likely to go), Clayton, Minturn, FBT, Tomlinson, Cain, Khan, McEachran, Williams (if possible but I assume unlikely), Wakeling, RHM, Austin (if possible but unlikely I'd assume).

^ Above would put us in a much better position than what we'd usually be in the summer.

Gaps:
- Senior keeper and back up keeper - I'd want to see Brann on loan, Ward #2 would be perfect
- Versatile full back (Rob Hunt) who can play right and left back, emphasis on right if Hutton goes
- Three centre halves, at least 1 big who can head the ball and at least 1 experienced
- Midfield - ball winning midfielder, could then push Khan further forward where he used to play at Chesterfield

I make that 8/9 signings with 2-3 likely departures of players I'd want us to keep if possible. Wouldn't want any of the loans back and happy to see Iandolo go. Not too fussed on keeping players like Roberts. Baudry to retire and off the wage bill.
We desperately need a genuinely skilful creative player, someone similar to McKirdy or Payne who can actually run at defenders and bring some excitement and defenders problems. This current team has no one with those qualities which is part of the reason it is so boring to watch.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 11:50:28 »

We currently have nobody that can run at a defence.

Glaring on Saturday.

Clems Army!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 12:26:01 »

We currently have nobody that can run at a defence.

Glaring on Saturday.

We certainly don't have anyone that can do that successfully, Wakeling and RHM both struggling to beat their man, outside the possible penalty.

There are lots of problems in the team (obviously) but for me the biggest is midfield. You can see Morris there on Sat so frustrated when the players can't play the balls that are needed.

Two big problems. One our midfielders can't accept the ball on the turn or play the ball around the corner to move forward, 99% of the time its a pass backwards. Even Khan with a vaguely useful turn, barely uses it. All this stops us transitioning forward and ends up with the ball at the back a lot. The second is they can't play the long pass. People underestimate the loss of Gladwin and to a lesser extent Reed, playing the way we do is all about creating space and Gladwin was the only player capable of quickly switching play to exploit space (normally to Hutton). Now it takes 2 or 3 passes and the opposition can move across. I see Morris trying to get our midfield to spread the ball quickly every week, but the players are just not up to it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 12:52:38 »

Assume Adeloye is on his way out then?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: