Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NBA  (Read 4805 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 00:29:22 »

Great documentary that one, you seen the one from the same series about the dodgy NBA ref?

Yeah that was insane
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 08:31:37 »

Great documentary that one, you seen the one from the same series about the dodgy NBA ref?

What is the series called?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 08:55:40 »

Noticed the NFL thread.

Anyone else into NBA?

I went to see the Golden Gate Warriors play against a team I forget now, when I was in California. I kind of enjoyed the game, it was end to end and entertaining and the initial entertainment when there were breaks (and were there a lot of breaks!) and all the half time pizzas dropping into people's laps was kind of exciting but got a bit irritating.

I just don't think I have the right temperament for American sports, there are far too many breaks for one thing and I just find American people at these things really irritating so to be in a large crowd of them for nigh on 3 hours or however long these things last is just not for me. Apart from NHL I find American sports really dull, I can't get into them at all.

Off topic slightly but I went to an NHL game yonks ago (Tampa Bay Lightning v Hartford Whalers) and whilst we had great seats, we were forever getting up and down to let people in and out of the row to fill their fat faces with whatever grotesque items they were bringing back with them from the 'food' stalls. I swear we were the only people trying to watch the fucking game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:36:29 »

What is the series called?

Untold
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:37:09 »

I just don't think I have the right temperament for American sports, there are far too many breaks for one thing and I just find American people at these things really irritating so to be in a large crowd of them for nigh on 3 hours or however long these things last is just not for me.

Kind of agree here. But its still an "event" that is somewhat different to rocking up at the CG. The big screen, the free stuff, the dreaded kisscam (or whatever in post covid times)...

Here starteth the ramble...

First sport I went to was NHL in San Jose. It really confused me when everything stopped for a few minutes. Luckily we had a tamed American sitting next to us - the reason - TV ad break.

Two great chants in that game:
   -Ex-keeper Balfour returned after badmouthing the Sharks in the press. The entire stadium "Baaaaaaaalfoooour, Baaaaalfour..." in that creapy way (if you saw tea-towel Sodje get sent off years ago you'll know"
   - Most of the stadium shouting "Pizza" after a goal. WTF. Then it was explained, you could get a free slice of Pizza at a local chain if the Sharks scored 4 ... "“4 in the net, pizza you get”"

Crowds generally maybe I've got unlucky. Just a lot of "defence...defence" type stuff in the american egg chasing (Raiders) game I went to and other . I guess its what you are used to and they'd find football weird

Went to a playoff NBA game Raptors v Magic, got a free T-Shirt, they won (only game of that series) and the whole stadium was Toronto - which I guess makes atmosphere a bit odd. All except two magic fans who got sledged quite a bit.

The Canadians are a bit more fun. Went to Canada v Mexico (really small Uni stadium, terraced). The section of the crowd "Who wants a green card..who who who" (dogs out) was amusing.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:45:23 »

I just don't think I have the right temperament for American sports, there are far too many breaks for one thing and I just find American people at these things really irritating so to be in a large crowd of them for nigh on 3 hours or however long these things last is just not for me. Apart from NHL I find American sports really dull, I can't get into them at all.

Probably why I opted for The Pistons and there bit cunty, not over the top American cringey fans.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 22:32:27 »

Many years ago, I used to go and watch the Capitals (NHL) quite a bit as a chap I used to work with had a second job as a seating manager at their old arena at Landover. He used to offer me free tickets and once let me have an Executive box! Used to really love it, even though the Caps were rubbish at the time.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: