Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:17:50)
Sol Brynn - 0 (0%)
Tom Clayton - 1 (2.2%)
Tom Brewitt - 23 (51.1%)
Harrison Minturn (sub 65) - 1 (2.2%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 78) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (2.2%)
Jake Cain (sub 65) - 0 (0%)
George not Josh McEachran - 18 (40%)
Jonny Williams - 1 (2.2%)
Charlie Austin (sub 65) - 0 (0%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Marcel Lavinier (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Luke Jephcott (on 78) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle MoM Thread  (Read 3310 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:31:32 »

Are we not getting the ball in the box to give Austin any chances as he's dropping too deep?

I agree with Fjortoft on this one - Austin is spending his time all over the pitch as if he feels he needs to offer the experience in all areas rather than just up front.  Morris needs to pull him and say don't come back across the Halfway line except for set pieces etc.  Austin needs to get back to doing what he is good at, holding the ball, being a nuisance, and ultimately putting the ball in the back of the net.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:55:39 »

I thought Williams was one of better players today alongside Brewitt, Clayton, Hutton and McEachran (who i gave MOTM to)
1st half I would agree but 2nd I thought Williams looked a bit more off the pace.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 19:17:21 »

McEachran was busy and skilful in midfield. He also went in for some thumping challenges. But, I think that was a very good debut by Brewitt at CB. Especially given the inexperience around him. If he plays like that a few more times then we will have no chance of keeping him!

Only person to equal him was Fjortoft on comms. Superb analysis.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 20:19:29 »

Other than an off day for Austin, it was pretty strong across the board. Brewitt was the standout for me. Hell of a shift from a guy that hasn't played a game in months. He did all the old school stuff really well, winning headers, crunching tackles, shouting and organising and so on.But he also looked happy with the ball, driving up into midfield and spraying some nice passes around. A monumental upgrade on Brennan on that showing. If he plays like that until the end of the season he'll earn a contract, which is the brutal Hunger Games reality of it for some of these players. Absolutely gutting that Brynn smacked it into his calves to concede the dreaded corner, but that's football as they say.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 20:24:36 »

Went with McEachran but Brewitt did superb too. Best two players we've managed to get in outside of the window after Sandro has had his wings clipped, it says a lot.

Thought Williams did ok today FWIW, some nice passes.

If its intentional or not, Austin is not an attacking midfielder.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 00:41:42 »

Went with McEachran but Brewitt did superb too. Best two players we've managed to get in outside of the window after Sandro has had his wings clipped, it says a lot.

Thought Williams did ok today FWIW, some nice passes.

If its intentional or not, Austin is not an attacking midfielder.

100% agree. If we're going down the ex player route, then I'd rather have Oliver Risser at the club to play AM

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 06:47:55 »

Thought that Brewitt was the most consistent over the 90mins.
Not what I was expecting.
Liked the way he took charge.
We could have a proper defender who can play here.

Then again many have faded after a bright first game.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:16:07 »

Probably controversial amongst posters but don't think Williams is contributing enough considering he has a wealth of experience and is now injury free.

I agree. I'd be tempted to bin him off and use the wages to get Mceachran tied down onto a decent contract.

I said after Orient that I don't think Austin suits the way JM wants to play, my thoughts haven't changed after yesterday unfortunately.

I voted for GM, another tremendous display. Was impressed with Brewitt on debut also.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:29:45 »

I don't think that he will be here next season anyway, but disagree about JW's contribution.
Top scorer still isn't he, don't see what more he can do.
More consistency maybe, but all of them could do with that.
Saw a lot more of the ball in 2nd half after a relatively quiet first, but the same could be said of young George as well.

After seeing some of the shit that the opposition get up to then having one our own fall over & win free kicks should be seen as an asset.
Still hope that he can be tempted to stay.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:40:27 »

I don't think that he will be here next season anyway, but disagree about JW's contribution.
Saw a lot more of the ball in 2nd half after a relatively quiet first, but the same could be said of young George as well.

After seeing some of the shit that the opposition get up to then having one our own fall over & win free kicks should be seen as an asset.

I guess I'm expecting too much from a player of his experience who has represented his country at a high level and is on a big wage that eats into the playing budget. There's no doubting his ability but to get out of league 2 I reckon we need bigger stronger players mixed with a few younger prospects and not sure we could afford Williams sat on the bench.

We all see the game different and all opinions should be valued.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:43:13 »

I agree, I think Williams is a huge nuisance and quality at this level and more often than not plays really well, I hope we can keep him.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:44:21 »

I agree. I'd be tempted to bin him off and use the wages to get Mceachran tied down onto a decent contract.

I said after Orient that I don't think Austin suits the way JM wants to play, my thoughts haven't changed after yesterday unfortunately.

I voted for GM, another tremendous display. Was impressed with Brewitt on debut also.

I think you're right about Austin as he's hardly  getting any chances now under the way Morris is setting up and can't see him being here next season.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:50:49 »

Orient was pretty much the first time we had used Charlie in that role as an attacking midfielder from the off, previously he flitted back there later in games to conserve energy, it didn't work then and won't work IMO.

We need Charlie up front in the middle getting on the end of any crosses put into the box, where he plays best, not sat around the centre circle trying to release RHM, he should be in the box looking for loose balls after missplaced/saved shots or crosses.

That obviously doesnt fit in to Morris's formation though and we seem to be shoehorning him into the team at the expense of playing him where he looks dangerous.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:53:04 »

I think you're right about Austin as he's hardly  getting any chances now under the way Morris is setting up and can't see him being here next season.

Thing is who else is going to bag a few? Morris said yesterday on the radio as I was on my way in, that he’d had words with Jephcott along the lines of needing to do more work. Others may put some more flesh on the bones as to what he said.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:57:13 »

I guess until we get more players back we won't know how Morris really wants to play in terms of set up, but he will know full well that he is having to use Austin as a square peg in a round hole at the moment. Suspect he doesn't want to play a back three but doesn't trust a back 4 with the options currently at his disposal. Yesterday we didn't have a fit left back.
As an aside, Hutton has really fallen off but I'd be curious to see him as a Nathan Byrne type wide of a front three. That might help Austin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: