Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 37848 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 12:47:20 »

Be handy to know how many more need to be sold to get to the first cut off point - surely it can be a marketing ploy by the club - only xxx need to reach 5000 for e.g. lets do this town fans etc etc
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 15:12:23 »

Just got our peasants match day tickets and just thought that you may be interested in the fact I have gotten a £5 discount on the normal match day price if £27 for him being a Uni Student. They did ask for some verification so I pointed out his expired season ticket to justify his age and said he’d bring his student union card tomorrow if challenged. Which highlights a point if I wanted to buy tickets for him in advance and they insist on validation of his student stays and he’s still at Uni the it will cause an issue. Not today thankfully but I might not get an understanding club shop assistant next time.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 20:42:59 »

I’m 99% certain you could buy a kids ticket and still get in

Things get better but they never get good
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 20:44:32 »

I might be wrong but if you purchase them online, it would ask for your SU number {or other relevant learning ID} but see the practical issue in person at la boutique du club

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 20:56:58 »

That’s what the boy said. I’m an honest Tory cunt don’t you know.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 06:47:32 »

Aberdeen said a while back that the average 'through the gates' ticket price was well below £20 for presumably this exact reason.
DMC

« Reply #306 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 07:52:57 »

The season before last the average match day price was something like £12 for that reason alone. They are really clamping down on it
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 08:02:27 »

Same as people at Nationwide sorting their mates out TBH. Can't complain that we have no money to sign players if you are chipping away at the club's revenue.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 08:05:58 »

I might be wrong but if you purchase them online, it would ask for your SU number {or other relevant learning ID} but see the practical issue in person at la boutique du club

It didn't when I was at uni in 2019, nor did they check when I collected or when I entered the stadium.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #309 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 08:13:00 »

Same as people at Nationwide sorting their mates out TBH. Can't complain that we have no money to sign players if you are chipping away at the club's revenue.

Girl Giggle
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 08:30:32 »

That’s an interesting comment and has some merit. However, when we have a stadium of let’s say 14,500 (I’m sure it’s not that but give or take a few seats close enough) which we average I dunno, say for arguments 10,000 on league home games. Having a sponsor who contribute £xxxx, which they don’t have to do but also give their employees match day tickets for £10, it makes perfect sense. Under the current sponsorship deal with Nationwide we get a capital income and bums on seats admittedly for less than the average punter but there is also merchandise and concession spending along with capturing future supporters. Balance that against not having Nationwide as a sponsor would we be better off in terms of full paying Nationwide employees coming to make up that ‘loss’?

A full stadium every home game with a waiting list for season tickets and limited walk up ticket availability it wouldn’t. But we’re not in that position.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 08:39:59 »

The way I would do it is keep the prices for the side stands but charge a max of £18/£20 for the Town End. Get that stand full every game and get some proper atmosphere back on matchday. Nothing better than a sold out town end in full voice.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 08:46:52 »

That’s an interesting comment and has some merit. However, when we have a stadium of let’s say 14,500 (I’m sure it’s not that but give or take a few seats close enough) which we average I dunno, say for arguments 10,000 on league home games. Having a sponsor who contribute £xxxx, which they don’t have to do but also give their employees match day tickets for £10, it makes perfect sense. Under the current sponsorship deal with Nationwide we get a capital income and bums on seats admittedly for less than the average punter but there is also merchandise and concession spending along with capturing future supporters. Balance that against not having Nationwide as a sponsor would we be better off in terms of full paying Nationwide employees coming to make up that ‘loss’?

A full stadium every home game with a waiting list for season tickets and limited walk up ticket availability it wouldn’t. But we’re not in that position.

No issue with actual Nationwide employees taking part in this scheme. It’s them sorting their mates out that is wrong. You should have to show a staff ID in the same way as you should have to show a student ID on entry etc.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 08:56:17 »

No issue with actual Nationwide employees taking part in this scheme. It’s them sorting their mates out that is wrong. You should have to show a staff ID in the same way as you should have to show a student ID on entry etc.
It isn’t an employee only deal - pretty sure they can get up to two tickets per category for the benefit of friends and family etc
DMC

« Reply #314 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 09:07:15 »

The way I would do it is keep the prices for the side stands but charge a max of £18/£20 for the Town End. Get that stand full every game and get some proper atmosphere back on matchday. Nothing better than a sold out town end in full voice.
The thing is do they really need to do it? Let's looka t say a 10k attendance today for example, theres not actually that many more seats you can sell in the home ends
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: