Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 36761 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 06:41:07 »

Other than monthlies, it is guaranteed if you tie people in for longer. Something like:

One Month         =  50  = Ticket only, Max of 3 games - 10% discount on food/drink.
Available on a rolling month to month basis. No commitment to subscribe for longer.

Three Month       = 120 = Ticket n Prog, Max of 8 games - 10% discount on food/drink.
Tied in for the period. Option to renew or upgrade. No commitment to subscribe longer.

Six Month Period = 220 = Ticket n Prog, Max of 15 games - 20% discount on food/drink. Option to purchase half price replica shirt.
Tied in for period. Opt to renew/upgrade to 2yr plan. No commitment to subscribe longer.

Twelve Month     = 400 = As above but ALL home games, ALL home JPT, 1st Rnd FA Cup, 1st Rnd League Cup if drawn at home or other rounds, Max of 28 games. Priority reservation on other cups and POs.
Tied in for period. Opt to renew/upgrade to 2yr plan. No commitment to subscribe longer.

2yr Town Plan    = 700 = As above but ALL home games over two seasons, Max of 52 games. Option to claim free replica shirt. One free food and drink item per month. In draw for annual POTY Awards and Sponsors Dinner Tickets. Other opportunities and local perks.
Tied in for period. Opt to renew at end of period or exclusive fan upgrade to the VIF Plan (Very Important Fan Plan) - 5yrs for the price of 4yrs.

==========================

Ok, so that's a loose plan I've come up with, whilst having a few pints in a pub and possibly writing it on the back of a beer mat at about midnight.
Note on the VIF Plan, you make this both attractive but also only available to those who purchase the 2yr Plan. An air of exclusivity without the hospitality price tag but also showing the prolonged commitment to the club. This way the Twelve Month Plan folk are more likely to make the step to purchasing a 2yr Plan if they can effectively obtain a free season ticket over an additional 5yrs via the VIF Plan. It's a simple hook and you've then basically got fans signed up/committed/subscribed to the club for an effective 7yrs (Initial 2yr Plan + 5yr VIF Option).

All of this gives the club a better idea for future projected and guaranteed revenue from fans - whether attending or not, they're contracted effectively. It also sign posts Subscription and ST sales teams to certain fans they can individually target to upgrade/renew where necessary. This can then avoid unnecessary blanket emails/contact to those people who are already signed up to a specific tiers. Hooray, no spam = happy fan. It's then helpful when going to the bank or potential investors as the club wows them with their portfolio of extensive data regarding revenue from ST/Subscribed Consumers. In turn this builds trust between prospective lender/investor as a club that they could more willingly hand over finance/safety deposit box codes/open cheque books/Tom Champagne's Prize Draw Money etc.

If I can come up with that, shirley, shirley the club can come up with something just as good and I would also hope much much better... Hmmm

PS: Sorry Batch  Cheesy

But how do I win a trip to Australia?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 07:37:28 »

Can you still buy match day tickets on match days at the ground or is it all online? If so, what time and where?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 12:33:46 »

you've put a decent proposal bamboo but don't we currently need to put an estimated annual budget to the EFL that effectively sets our wage cap as a %

if everyone jumps on the 1 month option in case we employ croft juniors u11 as our first 11  neither club nor EFL can plan properly
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 12:35:26 »

Quote from: 4D
Can you still buy match day tickets on match days at the ground or is it all online? If so, what time and where?

I believe so.. up to the kick off from the windows to the left of the club shop entrance.

sometimes there are no on day sales, like if we play Oxford or someone popular like man city
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 12:41:27 »

I had a joke with someone the other day that it seemed there was a more positive feeling around the fanbase during a Lee Power season (Wellens title winning season) where he was allegedly doing all the wrong things behind the scenes

Fixed it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 12:42:09 »

Someone sat behind me at the last game kept referring to him as “phlegm” which was pretty childish.

1.5/10 at best that.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 13:21:35 »

you've put a decent proposal bamboo but don't we currently need to put an estimated annual budget to the EFL that effectively sets our wage cap as a %

if everyone jumps on the 1 month option in case we employ croft juniors u11 as our first 11  neither club nor EFL can plan properly

Which is why I was suggesting it was all contracted - you still leave a proportion to buy match by match, but change Season Tickets and bundles to a monthly subscription with e a determined contract length.  Revert the spend to continual and make it habitual and tricky to stop.  You can even add in renewal periods (can't remember, but I think an auto renew is possible with a get out period).

People have a tough enough time getting out of Sky TV deals.

By the way, I realise I am suggesting something that some fans would be wary of - just wondering why a business with such a sticky customer base hasn't gone down that road.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 13:54:54 »

Other than monthlies, it is guaranteed if you tie people in for longer. Something like:

One Month         =  50  = Ticket only, Max of 3 games - 10% discount on food/drink.
Available on a rolling month to month basis. No commitment to subscribe for longer.

Three Month       = 120 = Ticket n Prog, Max of 8 games - 10% discount on food/drink.
Tied in for the period. Option to renew or upgrade. No commitment to subscribe longer.

Six Month Period = 220 = Ticket n Prog, Max of 15 games - 20% discount on food/drink. Option to purchase half price replica shirt.

Twelve Month     = 400 = As above but ALL home games, ALL home JPT, 1st Rnd FA Cup, 1st Rnd League Cup if drawn at home or other rounds, Max of 28 games. Priority reservation on other cups and POs.

2yr Town Plan    = 700 = As above but ALL home games over two seasons, Max of 52 games. Option to claim free replica shirt. One free food and drink item per month. In draw for annual POTY Awards and Sponsors Dinner Tickets. Other opportunities and local perks.
Tied in for period. Opt to renew at end of period or exclusive fan upgrade to the VIF Plan (Very Important Fan Plan) - 5yrs for the price of 4yrs.

==========================

I see where you are going with this and I know it is rough. But the club would bleed money under that format.

You would effectively be giving away all the things the club make money on for less than people currently pay for season tickets.

Plus cup ticket revenue has to be shared between clubs, so you wouldn’t be able to include those tickets.

The reality is the way to get bums on seats is through winning games and climbing leagues. If you have a good product people will pay for all of the things the club want them to.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 13:59:31 »

The full subscription model may be a bridge too far, but if we had a decent online ticketing platform then I'd like to see things like merch bundles being offered at the checkout. It is such an easy way to drive revenue and commonplace in the live music industry etc.

If at the point of buying your season ticket you could order a shirt for next season at say £15 off, I think a lot of people would just say "in for a penny, in for a pound!"
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 14:02:42 »

Which is why I was suggesting it was all contracted - you still leave a proportion to buy match by match, but change Season Tickets and bundles to a monthly subscription with e a determined contract length.  Revert the spend to continual and make it habitual and tricky to stop.  You can even add in renewal periods (can't remember, but I think an auto renew is possible with a get out period).

The club can barely take credit card payments, let alone a complex system of subscription.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 14:02:54 »

it's powered by ticketmaster.

so probably easily feasible.

and also expensive because they are blood sucking 'scamming' bastards
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, April 6, 2023, 19:05:23 »

But how do I win a trip to Australia?

Yes you can but you have to go via a ''Training Course'' in Karachi  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 00:35:51 »

It's a possibility of course but I don't think everyone would jump on a rolling monthly. It's a higher premium than all other tiers and would cost the fan 600 for twelve months. It's designed in part to be a taster or for the occasional fan. Where they might commit to a few random months;

Consumer buys, Sept, Nov, Jan, March aka 4 x monthly packages and gets 12 matches but the club has made 200 gross income.

Each month they'd get a reminder that their current plan will auto renew unless cancelled or they will be offered the chance to upgrade

Which is why I was suggesting it was all contracted - you still leave a proportion to buy match by match, but change Season Tickets and bundles to a monthly subscription with e a determined contract length.  Revert the spend to continual and make it habitual and tricky to stop.  You can even add in renewal periods (can't remember, but I think an auto renew is possible with a get out period).

In effect this is a similar approach to what I was loosely suggesting, leaving traditional purchase routes open for walk ups.

For me it's all about the marketing hook that makes the purchase habitual, much like Amazon Prime/Disney+/Sky/Zoom/Beer52/Laithwaites/Pasta Evangelists and so on. For many, they don't ever make full use of the benefits and bundled extras included. For lots it's just a disposable amount that goes out each month. Without exposing fans, there would be several who would purchase say a 6month contract and only be able to go/make it maybe a few months

1. I see where you are going with this and I know it is rough. But the club would bleed money under that format.

You would effectively be giving away all the things the club make money on for less than people currently pay for season tickets.

2. Plus cup ticket revenue has to be shared between clubs, so you wouldn’t be able to include those tickets.

3. The reality is the way to get bums on seats is through winning games and climbing leagues. If you have a good product people will pay for all of the things the club want them to.

1. I see your point but I don't think it would bleed money. It's only at the Six Month Plan where any significant type of benefit kicks in. The fan is effectively buying a half season ticket for about the going rate (if we say a full ST is c400) plus 20 quid. They take up the half price shirt option, in a clever marketeer sense the consumer has already paid for half nearly with the 20 quid, so you're actively encouraging them to spend another 25/30 to get a shirt. Ergo, they effectively end up buying the shirt for full price. It's just packaged to look like they have got a bargain. If they don't then the club has effectively made an additional 20 per Six Month Plan. I think the pricing in my rough proposal comes in line with a Twelve Month Plan costing about the same as a current ST

2. I understand the difficulties of including an offer like Cup Tix but the club gives away several matchday and cup tickets via several initiatives. Maybe these could be balloted then upto a maximum number of tickets per tournament for Six Month Plans and upwards? Say 100 tix and if you previously won, you can't win on the next occasion. I mean we're talking STFC here so the current risk analysis on losing money for a few hundred or even a thousand cup tickets is probably less risk than not obtaining the revenue from elusive cup runs  Wink Plus, if it's only the First Rnd then getting a freebie/priority is more likely to encourage them to purchase for the Second Rnd; if Town do the incredible and get through. Revenue in an exciting First Rnd FA Cup clash vs a team like Hayes and Yeading probably isn't going to be that significant anyway. Whilst I get what you're saying, I don't think it would be as negatively impacting or bleeding as you initially suggest

3. I totally agree that the best strategy to sell any form of match ticket/sub etc is via positive results on the pitch. But, the product doesn't always have to be that good in order for people to pay; whilst it bloody helps, it's still more about the hook/draw/illusion that a consumer is getting something for nothing or at least VFM. After all, lots of people like something if it's free or seemingly costs less. Eg, Co-op send out regular marketing campaigns to get you through the door via money off vouchers. A chunk of people will use those vouchers and never shop there again until more vouchers turn up but Co-op has still hit their target in obtaining a consumer, even if temporary. The reality is, I might still go and do my weekly shop at Lidl too but knowing I have 4quid off a 12 quid spend on Co-op means I'll end up going there. That's 8 quid the Co-op gain and that I probably wasn't going to spend anyway. Some will be more careful about that but many more will be quite carefree with this.

I guess what I'm saying in the final point is that sometimes the product/service doesn't even have to be on your initial radar for you to still end up purchasing, if STFC were to package/market and sell in the right way, it too would have people purchasing as part of a B2C who wouldn't normally be doing so - obviously positive results help drive these sales and there's no better marketing than word of mouth/direct recommendation.

The full subscription model may be a bridge too far...

Yeah much like RobT, I also wasn't proposing a fully subscriber only system but have enough hooks in there to get people interested in buying and commiting for the longer term with the habitual element of just paying out each month. Especially when you're in a FTC much like a phone contract. Yeah you can exchange tariff, but you're still tied in somewhat or you can get out early but it's a buyout. Most people avoid this and continue to pay as they lose more/can't afford purchasing the buyout than if they just stay put for the term.

But yes, you'd still have some traditional streams open in terms of walk ups and casuals. The hardest sell is converting the walk ups to commit longer term, those who would purchase Six Months or more are your more sticky revenue. Because they are likely to be repeat customers each year, this can also be easier to convince them to upgrade too. Offer a Six Monther the Twelve Month Plan at the current seasons price before the next seasons Twelve Month Plan goes up and people will likely take that kind of deal

In the main though, it's only a loose proposal that I thought and wrote about in around 30mins. I suppose my main thought was, if one person can come up with something relatively plausible then a professional marketing team employed by the club could certainly come up with something even better  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, April 7, 2023, 08:25:41 »

I don’t think I am the right customer for a subscriber model, but I am sure there would be people out there.

I don’t buy shirts, programmes or spend money on food at the ground.

I just want to pay for a season ticket once a year and go and watch football.

If someone told me I would have to pay monthly and give notice to stop, I would probably pack it in completely. For a business that makes millions and can easily replace a subscriber with a new show or product it makes sense. But for a football club making £6m a year, it is very easy to have a bad run of form and have a huge amount of subscribers jack it in. I also think you would have to launch a long term deal off the back of a good season. How many people would tie into a 2 year deal based on this year?

The sticky fans aren’t the problem, they will always buy season tickets, shirts etc regardless. The people the club need on board are the floating fans. Those that I know would probably not buy a subscription if it meant cancellations or work, as they are also supporting other clubs etc. They need it as easy as possible to come and go as they please without feeling they are stuck, which is what match day tickets are for.

At the back end of last year the club had many of those floating fans and I saw people at the County Ground I hadn’t seen for years, but the club did what it did in summer and lost them. Had they made more of an effort on them when season tickets went on sale and didn’t just use a silly trip to Oz competition, a model you are proposing could possibly have worked.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 7, 2023, 08:30:27 by Trashbat? » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 17:16:21 »

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1645837191564648448?t=WWRIoWhQHIXsWGXmMIjhxg&s=19

You can now purchase your season tickets using the V12 online financing option 👍🏼

#STFC 🔴⚪️
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: