Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 36748 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 12:22:19 »

Exact same here, wouldn’t mind seeing a few more of those names mentioned out the door though.

Have had a ST for over 10 seasons (baby sentence compared to most on here, I know) but this is the first year I’ve been this against renewing. Power was the ultimate crook/rogue yet somehow still renewed under him.

Only the loyalty card keeping me going. One lad done with it, the other not so keen anymore.

Absolutely pissed off with this shit right now.

No questions asked about Standing or Austin.
No direction and fans quite rightly making their own minds up on what is going on.

Stood with a Sunderland fan at Hartlepool and he commented when their winner went in most got up shrugged their shoulders and walked out. No anger against the players, nothing.
Just the way most of us loyals are feeling.

Great news mind, the Stratton Bank may get a roof. Just fuck off.
Let’s not mention the P for Promotion word though in case we fail to deliver.

Hartlepool was a cracking away weekend because I drowned my sorrows with the locals.

We’ve gone backwards on the field and lost a massive opportunity this season.
Just lost confidence in the club right now, honeymoon period long gone.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 12:41:19 »

There is some serious shite spouted on here.

Questions about Standing have been asked and answered. Now if fans choose not to believe them, so be it, but the club are not going to keep answering something they already have.

Its been a crap season, no two ways about it. Last seasons unexpected 'success' in the face of all odds raised expectations this season, and the change in leading football personnel have really screwed it up.

Lets not let that anger about on the field results/performance/enjoyment prompt us to not renew season tickets, especially for everyone who had one under Power!

Power basically took suitcases of cash out of the club and fucked us. That is not the case now is it?!?

At some point sadly the Town fans need to realize this club is not going to succeed and progress because of one benefactor. This club only moves forward the support of the fans. We should be encouraging everyone to get season tickets, the more revenue the club has the better.

The footballing staff my fuck it up again, but thats for Clem/Rob to manage and deal with as necessary. Clem is an ambitious man, there is no way he is taking this season laying down, and i think his intervention to sign Austin demonstrates that. Regardless of if Clem should or shouldn't have done that.

So people need to suck it up, put their hand in their pocket and support the club or else we go nowhere. Don't let a bad year of recruitment screw up what otherwise is some of the best 2 years the club has had with debt removal (transfer) and the acquisition of the ground finally allowing this club to step out of the 20th century!

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:05:54 »

Questions about Standing have been asked and answered. Now if fans choose not to believe them, so be it, but the club are not going to keep answering something they already have.

Its been a crap season, no two ways about it. Last seasons unexpected 'success' in the face of all odds raised expectations this season, and the change in leading football personnel have really screwed it up.

Lets not let that anger about on the field results/performance/enjoyment prompt us to not renew season tickets, especially for everyone who had one under Power!

Power basically took suitcases of cash out of the club and fucked us. That is not the case now is it?!?

At some point sadly the Town fans need to realize this club is not going to succeed and progress because of one benefactor. This club only moves forward the support of the fans. We should be encouraging everyone to get season tickets, the more revenue the club has the better.

The footballing staff my fuck it up again, but thats for Clem/Rob to manage and deal with as necessary. Clem is an ambitious man, there is no way he is taking this season laying down, and i think his intervention to sign Austin demonstrates that. Regardless of if Clem should or shouldn't have done that.

So people need to suck it up, put their hand in their pocket and support the club or else we go nowhere. Don't let a bad year of recruitment screw up what otherwise is some of the best 2 years the club has had with debt removal (transfer) and the acquisition of the ground finally allowing this club to step out of the 20th century!

In simplest terms, I think in the short term at least the club need to explain how next season will be different from the current one.

What you seem to be suggesting is that everyone who is a season ticket holder should just keep going forever, and if they don't then they aren't a fan, regardless of how utterly shit and joyless the football is, the queues to get through the turnstiles, how hard it is to even buy a ticket etc etc. Not sure that is going to be the view of the majority.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:14:19 »

Only the loyalty card keeping me going. One lad done with it, the other not so keen anymore.

Absolutely pissed off with this shit right now.

No questions asked about Standing or Austin.
No direction and fans quite rightly making their own minds up on what is going on.

Stood with a Sunderland fan at Hartlepool and he commented when their winner went in most got up shrugged their shoulders and walked out. No anger against the players, nothing.
Just the way most of us loyals are feeling.

Great news mind, the Stratton Bank may get a roof. Just fuck off.
Let’s not mention the P for Promotion word though in case we fail to deliver.

Hartlepool was a cracking away weekend because I drowned my sorrows with the locals.

We’ve gone backwards on the field and lost a massive opportunity this season.
Just lost confidence in the club right now, honeymoon period long gone.

Bored of it, spunked enough money following these weasels up and down the country this season. Absolute dross of a season. Far too many fuck ups. How the fuck can we have be worse off and have a significantly weaker squad now we're out of an embargo and didn't have a 2 week pre season? Shambles

No idea on the standing stuff, the Austin stuff stinks and the lack of transparency around it, they even managed to avoid answering the full question on him in the tick box advisory board mins. I reckon they're gonna announce his departure very soon anyway, he's magically disappeared from the official site as a listed director/VC.

Zero chat or communication about next season, what's gonna change? what's there to be excited about. Its April for fuck sake. Dan Hunt called it brilliantly in the LSPOD - highly recommend.

Cost of living crisis hurting people bad, a lot of people will pass on renewing buying a ST and good on them, why the fuck should they. Prove us wrong in the summer, be ambitious and ill think about it.

I joked the other day about the regime blaming fans next season for not renewing/lesser budget - but looks like its coming internally from the fans already   , as for the ground, fantastic we've got it, means we can see big investment on the pitch with all that rent saved, but just know the late legend that is Nigel Eady is the reason we have the ground, nobody else, and its the fans being asked to contribute direct debit payments to help redevelop the ground (along side anything that's already in the JV funding pot)
DMC

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:24:36 »

I think what most people are saying is they want the club to come out and let us know the plans before they part with their hard earned cash. I have been going over 35 years and you can say what you like about support through thick and thin but i think you are being a bit out of order assuming we should all just suck it up and see. It's no good doing all the good stuff off the pitch if we finish 13th and have no ambition on betterring that is it
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:28:00 »

Bored of it, spunked enough money following these weasels up and down the country this season. Absolute dross of a season. Far too many fuck ups. How the fuck can we have be worse off and have a significantly weaker squad now we're out of an embargo and didn't have a 2 week pre season? Shambles

No idea on the standing stuff, the Austin stuff stinks and the lack of transparency around it, they even managed to avoid answering the full question on him in the tick box advisory board mins. I reckon they're gonna announce his departure very soon anyway, he's magically disappeared from the official site as a listed director/VC.

Zero chat or communication about next season, what's gonna change? what's there to be excited about. Its April for fuck sake. Dan Hunt called it brilliantly in the LSPOD - highly recommend.

Cost of living crisis hurting people bad, a lot of people will pass on renewing buying a ST and good on them, why the fuck should they. Prove us wrong in the summer, be ambitious and ill think about it.

I joked the other day about the regime blaming fans next season for not renewing/lesser budget - but looks like its coming internally from the fans already   , as for the ground, fantastic we've got it, means we can see big investment on the pitch with all that rent saved, but just know the late legend that is Nigel Eady is the reason we have the ground, nobody else, and its the fans being asked to contribute direct debit payments to help redevelop the ground (along side anything that's already in the JV funding pot)

Amen!

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:32:28 »

In simplest terms, I think in the short term at least the club need to explain how next season will be different from the current one.

Completely agree with this. I mentioned on another post there needs to be a 'State of the Town' style address to give the fans some confidence that next season will get better.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:33:38 »

Yeah but they sacked the womens manager! Priorities!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:33:46 »

I had a joke with someone the other day that it seemed there was a more positive feeling around the fanbase during a Lee Power season (Wellens title winning season) where he was allegedly doing all the wrong things behind the scenes than there is currently with an owner who is allegedly doing all the right things behind the scenes.

Not that it needed pointing out, but it shows how vital the on field performances are to the atmosphere of a club. You can be doing all the right things behind the scenes (clearing debt, buying the ground) but if you’re not performing in the most important area (on the pitch) then you’ll find that those behind the scenes good work are not enough to keep fans around and for a club that regularly relies on fans goodwill, you’ll struggle to build anything if you drive those fans away.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:35:12 »

It's no good doing all the good stuff off the pitch if we finish 13th and have no ambition on betterring that is it

Completely agree, see my other reply. Its really on Clem to come out with some sort of rallying cry. Trust me though, from the people i know, who are in contact with Clem, he is far from happy about this season.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 13:35:44 »

Is Clem ambitious? what is he going to do to rectify things? - I don’t have a clue as you never hear from the bloke.

Perhaps he should start trying to rally the whole fanbase rather than hiding behind his mates and sponsors all the time. They seem to be the only people that know what is happening at the club.

Someone sat behind me at the last game kept referring to him as “phlegm” which was pretty childish. However if he fucks up this summer and keeps hiding I can imagine that sort of thing spreading.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 14:29:03 »

So people need to suck it up, put their hand in their pocket and support the club or else we go nowhere...

1. Ambition means nothing if the man spouting ''do as I say'' doesn't or can't back it himself. I'm not talking about initial efforts but buying an FC is like buying a boat, a good owner will always have to pay for it - even if it becomes somewhat ''sustainable''. He must be more astute at finding good investment and no, not by announcing the next mini sponsor of the STFC backroom staff hole puncher (it's a poor sponsor though, since there's no backroom staff and the poor old hole puncher hasn't even been used in jest/boredom for months).

2. Fans have and do put their hand in their pocket - most have done everything asked of them and more. Deferring covid refunds and not even getting much more than a thanks for doing so and instead being made to feel guilty if they didn't; as if STFC were the only entity feeling the pinch. Heartstring pulling cunts. It's actually a disgrace the approach to that - clever yet shameless. Gate receipts speak for themselves in terms of ''tickets sold''. STFC are the most backed club in L2 when you remove Bradford's 10yr Season ticket model and Top 10 fan backed club when including both L1 and L2. If you discount the teams with big stadia like Derby, Sheff Wed, Bolton, Pompey, Town probably are about 5th most backed. The club really can't keep saying the fans of STFC aren't backing them enough.

STFC is not a community outreach project though, and nor should it be being run as such. It's a B2C with a willing consumer at almost every step of the way - even when it (regularly) fails or lets the consumer down with really poor service on several fronts; this is incredibly rare in many other business to consumer models and STFC or even football club owners in general need to appreciate the very unique position they sit in when it comes to sales. It's effectively free investment with no real marketing needed - although it obviously helps but taking it for granted or appearing to do so is really not a way to retain that goodwill and consumer loyalty. I think it's time the owners of the club looked more inwardly and instead of continually asking what the fans can do for STFC (they have done more than enough as evidence shows) but what STFC can do for its fans. Maybe then fans will actually feel valued and enjoy coming to the club rather than seeing it as an unconditional chore; like visiting the mother-in-law and pretending you like her  Wink

NB: I'd also say it's about time the Trust stopped being so defensive of the club. Their role is not - last time I checked - to be press liaison officers for the club. Maybe the STFC should invest in one though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 14:45:55 »

With regards to Austin, lets remember people like Jed McCrory, Steve Murrall and Lee Power all passed the fit and prpper test with no convictions that we were aware of at the time. Murrall is obviously in the cells now for his dealings at Hartlepool. It’s plainly obvious it was failed, and to then say its being dealt with it legally is a cop out. Why arent the trust pushing this instead of having their belly tickled?!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 15:05:52 »

I have no idea if Zav is a reformed Saint or not.  No idea if he is dodgy or not.  What I do know is that there are likely a few types of crimes that should exclude you from being involved (not even running, just involved) in a "cash" (in the modern sense) rich business.  I.e a business that has lots of small transactions occurring every day from a consumer base that is not going to walk away and choose another provider.  Money Laundering is one of them.  

The bloke should be kept several barge poles away from a football club.  I'm all for rehabilitation, but I am also for people having to pay the consequences of their actions to a degree.  I mean, I wouldn't want him running a Pharmacy either.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 15:08:46 »

With regards to Austin, lets remember people like Jed McCrory, Steve Murrall and Lee Power all passed the fit and prpper test with no convictions that we were aware of at the time. Murrall is obviously in the cells now for his dealings at Hartlepool. It’s plainly obvious it was failed, and to then say its being dealt with it legally is a cop out. Why arent the trust pushing this instead of having their belly tickled?!

Exactly mate, this should have been addressed straight away RE Zav. Letting it fester, then swerving questions in the monthly meet up. It’s taken for the whole Zav shit to hit the fan behind the scenes (allegedly) for it to be a question to be asked again, up until now my guess is the trust have been “satisfied” with his position at the club. Still no clearer on the Karachi sham either.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: