Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 24268 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:27:19 »

TBF thats how Carlisle defended most of the game.

Yep. Most passes from a Carlisle player was about 25. McEachran had 79 and Clayton 69. More than Carlisle's total squad passes. Think Town had close to 400 passes.

Just fucked up at the end but there were plenty of positives against probably one of the better sides, with imo the best manager in this division.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:53:58 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:31:18 »

Morris coaches the team. If they're pissing about with it at the back it's because he's telling them to.

I don't think it's even a Morris problem in the 95 min. It's purely an on field decision in the final moments of the game. Town had played relatively well but gave a gift at the end due to a poor decision making.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #287 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:33:47 »

I don't think it's even a Morris problem in the 95 min. It's purely an on field decision in the final moments of the game. Town had played relatively well but gave a gift at the end due to a poor decision making.
I agree on that. One moment of madness cost us the point.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:34:49 »

Tiredness kicks in so concentration lapses

So, give no fucks
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:37:45 »

Agree with those defending the playing out from the back which was making us opportunities all game. The problem was only doing it poorly in the last minute. That doesn’t negate all that went before.

And I don’t get the hate for Sandro - he must have had an influence in bringing in some or most of Hutton, Lavinier, Khan, Clayton, Wakeling, Brewitt, RHM who’ve all performed decently.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:40:27 »

Morris:
- If you gift the opposition an opportunity from nowhere to let them sling the ball into the box to their big lads then you will get punished
- Playing out when there is only 30 secs to go I don't know.
- There were players shouting to get it forward. We wanted to win the game!
- Poor
- Clayton shouldn't have passed it back to Brynn
- Caught between wanting to have a pop at the lad and wanting to praise them for the way they turned things around after the mistake for the first goal
- When you have a young group you can get these types of moments
- We were a threat at the other end of the pitch
- If you make those type of mistakes you have to take it on the chin
- The only problems in the 2nd half were of our own making
- Not sure their defender has scored a goal like that off his weaker foot before!
- Torn out how to react to the team. Wanted to have a pop at them, but also wants the team to know that there was some good stuff.
- Still wants to address the poor bits.
- Tough to take but thats football
- Changes: The 3 that came on made an impact.
- But there were limits of what Morris could do. Knew that Lavinier couldn't come on earlier
- Tomlinson freak injury from blocking a ball yesterday. Has a swollen ankle. Dont know how long out for.
- Wanted to take Wakeling off earlier to save him, but couldn't
- Brewitt: Did some good bits. Showed some composure on the ball. Some nice paces. Hasnt played so was rusty. Slotted in well.
- Elements Morris is pleased with but areas that must improve
- Austin: The chance he got in the second half you would have thought he would have scored. Elements of his game that he won't be pleased with. He was doing his best for the team.
- Brand: Pleased. Between the EFL and whatever legalities whatever had to be done. Its frustrated Morris, but he's pleased its done.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:42:42 »

Fjortoft:
- Morris doesn't want to slaughter them. Coaching them to play out from the back means that he can't slaughter them for doing it. However, he needs the players to realise that the game sometimes dictates that you do things differently
- He wants to coach the team to find that balance

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:43:00 »

Agree with those defending the playing out from the back which was making us opportunities all game. The problem was only doing it poorly in the last minute. That doesn’t negate all that went before.

And I don’t get the hate for Sandro - he must have had an influence in bringing in some or most of Hutton, Lavinier, Khan, Clayton, Wakeling, Brewitt, RHM who’ve all performed decently.

But they don’t work as a unit do they, hence we find ourselves 12th in league 2 so in terms of building a squad it’s poor. We lack leadership and game management at key moments and struggle to create chances, too many players are too alike.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:45:13 »

But they don’t work as a unit do they, hence we find ourselves 12th in league 2 so in terms of building a squad it’s poor. We lack leadership and game management at key moments and struggle to create chances, too many players are too alike.

I guess it's hard to work as a unit when we don't have a settled side and players playing out of position. We need stronger  players in for next season both mentally and physically.

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:46:13 »

I do like the cut of Morris' jib post match, analyses the game better than anyone since Wellens has. I'm optimistic about our chances of getting promoted under him, but I do think it'll be next season rather than this.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:48:29 »

I think this seasons gone as it's hard to see us winning 8/9 games on the spin so really preparing for next season and hope that Sandro & Morris can highlight the players they need and sign them early in the summer.

So, give no fucks
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:49:35 »

I don’t know how you can put game management at the TD’s door. I agree we’re three or four experienced heads off being a promotion team but surely the manager should be held principally responsible for who he needs to play his brand of football. And I’m not sure we struggle to make chances - we’re much more threatening now than under Lindsey, in good part due to Sandro recruits RHM, Lavinier, Wakeling, Shade, Hutton.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:55:57 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:54:48 »

But I think it’s only three or four experienced heads off being promotion team. And I’m not sure we struggle to make chances - we’re much more threatening now than under Lindsey, in good part due to Sandro recruits RHM, Lavinier, Wakeling, Shade, Hutton.
But those lack of 3 or 4 experienced heads are exactly the type of player that Sandro refused to sign hence it’s on him. Hopefully the rumours are true and he is outta here!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:56:34 »

It's not all bad piss stains now only 3 points away from bottom four and no new manager bounce today😀
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:02:24 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:58:14 »

But those lack of 3 or 4 experienced heads are exactly the type of player that Sandro refused to sign hence it’s on him. Hopefully the rumours are true and he is outta here!

Agreed, it's imperative that the spine of the team needs to be made up with experience for next season along with emerging talent.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: