Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Buildup & Matchday  (Read 23829 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 13:07:04 »

Looking at the next four fixtures they’re all winnable. Two home, Carlisle and Stockpot who happen to be above us and two away, Warsaw and Rochdale. 12 Points out of 12 would be a stunning coup and propel right back into the mix for autos.

It is a bit on the optimistic side, especially as the previous two games (before Orient) we’re the first consecutive wins since October
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 13:19:14 »

It is a bit on the optimistic side, especially as the previous two games (before Orient) we’re the first consecutive wins since October

Yes it is. Go big or go home. Every game has to be viewed as winnable. What’s the point in playing or supporting? I doubt many fans had any money on us getting a result on Saturday also but I’ll wager Morris sent those boys out believing they could get something from a fixture that screamed home win.

We are running out of games now so even a point at home to Carlisle would be a decent one, ok, not the win I’m looking for but that extends the unbeaten run to four games, with the exception of Harrogate the other three would have been seen as ‘quality’ L2 opponents.

Glass half full or half empty?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #392 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 13:41:41 »

Carlisle are the 2nd favourites and the 2nd place side in L2 for a reason, they will be very very hard to beat and a draw would still probably be considered a good result, similar with Stockport who thrashed us  4-0 and also grabbed a draw up there with 10 men earlier in the season.

If by a huge stretch of the imagination we could get 2 wins vs them and pick up some away points we would be in a very healthy position.

IMO 5 points from the next 4 games is more likely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 15:51:28 »

Carlisle are the 2nd favourites and the 2nd place side in L2 for a reason, they will be very very hard to beat and a draw would still probably be considered a good result, similar with Stockport who thrashed us  4-0 and also grabbed a draw up there with 10 men earlier in the season.

If by a huge stretch of the imagination we could get 2 wins vs them and pick up some away points we would be in a very healthy position.

IMO 5 points from the next 4 games is more likely.

Opinions as has been said by others are like, well, you know. So I’ll not apologise (yes I know you’ve not Yadda, Yadda said Yadda Yadda) but I’m optimistic we can get on a roll. Not optimistic enough to put the house on it but I still feel we can get four good results. To easy to fall into the doldrums and allow negativity to be the prevailing sentiment.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 18:07:13 »

Yes it is. Go big or go home. Every game has to be viewed as winnable. What’s the point in playing or supporting? I doubt many fans had any money on us getting a result on Saturday also but I’ll wager Morris sent those boys out believing they could get something from a fixture that screamed home win.

We are running out of games now so even a point at home to Carlisle would be a decent one, ok, not the win I’m looking for but that extends the unbeaten run to four games, with the exception of Harrogate the other three would have been seen as ‘quality’ L2 opponents.

Actually it didn't scream home win as I pointed out on about page 3 of the discussion. Orients record against those in the top half of the table has been iffy for months. A draw was definitely doable.

..never go back.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 18:38:41 »

Actually it didn't scream home win as I pointed out on about page 3 of the discussion. Orients record against those in the top half of the table has been iffy for months. A draw was definitely doable.

Really? I don’t always read posts in full. Sorry to piss on your fireworks.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 19:49:41 »

Ah. I'll delete then. Though your post will still quote me, so I'll still look stupid. Unless you delete your post too, and we can all move on.

What post?  Wink
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 20:00:03 »

Fully condone the Sandro out chants, complimented perfectly with pro-Morris and supporting the team songs.

We're told the budget has gone up, and we're no longer in embargo- so why do we have a considerably weaker team than last year? Dont know how it ended with Chorley- but good god what i'd give to have him back. Having Morris in charge with Sandro sourcing the players is like giving Lewis Hamilton a clapped out Corsa and telling him to go win the race.

Hes a nobody in football, Wigan fans have barely heard of him and he's stunk the place out across 2 windows and 2 managerial appointments- get him gone.

Feel the same.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 20:02:37 »

To be honest pretty much every game for every team is "winnable" in this division. Truly think that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 20:04:35 »

I just hope we add abit more height and steel to the squad for next season so we can mix things up.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 20:53:12 »

I've just realised that Harrison Minturn is the son of someone I went to school with, Andy - he was also on Swindon's books a youth I think, good player.  Fuck me I'm old all of a sudden.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 15:47:19 »

What post?  Wink

Lovely, but stop quoting me as the stupid still stays!  Crying

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 19:54:12 »

Lovely, but stop quoting me as the stupid still stays!  Crying

Stupid?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 10:12:53 »

we seem to have an 'out and our centre back' coming in  but Morris wouldn't say for fear of putting his foot in it with club
It will be Brewitt.
And it was Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 12:32:19 »

Stupid?

Shh, goddammit.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: