Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Buildup & Matchday  (Read 24509 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 10:27:20 »

1-1 wasn’t it?
Yep my mistake.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 10:43:38 »

Heading down to the smoke tomorrow to catchup with some of the London Reds, should be good craic and I'm fully expecting a defeat given our wafer thin squad currently (due to injuries and suspension) so going with hope rather than expectation.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:00:20 »

Where are people heading for a pint before the game? Last time I went to Orient away I don't recall much going in, I know Westfield shopping centre is around a 15-20 min walk which has loads of bars opposite West Ham's stadium - hotel football being one!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:24:09 »

Where are people heading for a pint before the game? Last time I went to Orient away I don't recall much going in, I know Westfield shopping centre is around a 15-20 min walk which has loads of bars opposite West Ham's stadium - hotel football being one!

From an Orient fan -

'Best place to drink is the Supporters’ Club, who are happy to allow a limited number of away fans in. Cost you a quid each but you’ll save that on the first pint. Multiple CAMRA awards, both London-wide and even national. Twelve or so beers on tap at a time. Can’t beat it.'

Also -

'If you've got time I'd check out Hackney Wick before/after Leyton, 25ish min walk or a quick bus/overground. Loads of good places for a drink and a bite on/around the canal. Recommend Crate Brewery if you fancy a beer and a pizza. Orient away is one of the best away days in the country for me as you can do the old skool boozers closer to the ground and then full go on East London hipster as well. Enjoy!'
« Last Edit: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:28:25 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:36:12 »

From an Orient fan -

'Best place to drink is the Supporters’ Club, who are happy to allow a limited number of away fans in. Cost you a quid each but you’ll save that on the first pint. Multiple CAMRA awards, both London-wide and even national. Twelve or so beers on tap at a time. Can’t beat it.'

Also -

'If you've got time I'd check out Hackney Wick before/after Leyton, 25ish min walk or a quick bus/overground. Loads of good places for a drink and a bite on/around the canal. Recommend Crate Brewery if you fancy a beer and a pizza. Orient away is one of the best away days in the country for me as you can do the old skool boozers closer to the ground and then full go on East London hipster as well. Enjoy!'

Supporters club is ace...they had rough cider in there once.

BUT went there once and they had stopped away fans...years ago now. Glad you are allowed back in.

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:42:54 »

Listening to the Pod now, they're (half jokingly) talking about whether Morris is going to walk. Describing him as exasperated rather than furious though.

Feels like a big week or two for the admin side of the club. Fingers crossed everything drops into place.

The tone definitely seemed laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. He's clearly pissed off as we all are, but I didn't get the sense he would potentially be walking like I did when I read the words on the screen.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:46:20 »

The tone definitely seemed laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. He's clearly pissed off as we all are, but I didn't get the sense he would potentially be walking like I did when I read the words on the screen.

Yeah, it feels like a "I can't believe all this shit is happening at once" thing rather than a "fuck this" thing. Hopefully at least!
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:52:37 »

From an Orient fan -

Also -

Brilliant, thanks for this
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 12:01:10 »

Given this is his first managerial role, to walk away possibly would be 'too easy' for him to do and may work against him getting future jobs. You definitely can't deny that the guy has walked into the job, where his end goal is to get promotion but Jesus he's been given a load of rudimentary tools in order for him to complete the job.

* Assistant manager - we can't get his first choice in the building. Given what was said yesterday, it's either going to be that Chelsea bend over and waive compensation, (unlikely) we pay whatever compensation Chelsea asked for (unlikely) or we abandon Brand and go with A N Other/Gunning (for example

* Injuries/suspension - Every club has them but since Morris joined our players are dropping like flies. this could be down to the increased intensity of training that Morris has implemented, or just unlucky. The 2 suspensions were down to indiscipline, which is criminal really and the players have to take responsibility for that.

* Linked to the Injuries - the poor January window which left us criminally under sourced at CB. Getting Tomlinson and FBT in was never going to be enough - given that Tomlinson is only just coming into fitness it was a big risk bringing him in anyway. FBT and Brennan are now injured and we only really have Clayton and Minturn as fit centre backs. That's just not good enough

* Linked to the injuries - not being able to recruit a free agent(s) quick enough to cover injuries. I get it's not ideal and players might not be fit but we have to be more prepared/ready to go.

* Other - What's happening with Lewis Ward? It'll be the end of the season before we sign him at this rate!

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 12:19:22 »

I don't think it's the club's failure to bring them in; we managed to get McE in quickly enough. From comments it's more that our initial targets weren't in a place with their fitness to join first team training let alone start games.

I guess with the sort of names that were being thrown around, that tended to be older, more experienced players coming to the end of their careers, there might be less incentive for them to maintain their fitness levels than a youngster like McE.

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 12:51:01 »

If Lavinier and Hutton are both fit, we're struggling for CBs and we need to keep it tight, I'd be tempted to start both with Hutton right midfield. Also

Brynn

Lavinier     Clayton     Minturn     Tomlinson

Hutton              Kadji          McEachran        Cain

Wakeling       Austin

Still on the makeshift side, but seems better than a lot of our options.

Or could start Kadji at CB instead of Minturn and play Cain in the middle with Wakeling out wide and RHM or Jephcott starting.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 13:00:47 »

Does say much for Minturn if he is the only fit CB at the club but still can’t get a game!
Yes. Same for most of the other "home grown" youngsters. Unfortunately they seem to be way off the first team

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 13:02:25 »

If Lavinier and Hutton are both fit, we're struggling for CBs and we need to keep it tight, I'd be tempted to start both with Hutton right midfield. Also

Brynn

Lavinier     Clayton     Minturn     Tomlinson

Hutton              Kadji          McEachran        Cain

Wakeling       Austin

Still on the makeshift side, but seems better than a lot of our options.

Or could start Kadji at CB instead of Minturn and play Cain in the middle with Wakeling out wide and RHM or Jephcott starting.

Is Williams injured?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 13:40:33 »

Try Jephcott at centre half you just never know.......

So, give no fucks
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 13:54:05 »

Pretty negligent to find ourselves in this position.

Baudry- retired
Harries- long term injured
*MacDonald- contract ripped up

Even if we went down the FBT was signed to play CB route (not convinced, think JT was just a last minute panic) we're way too short still. Injuries happen, thats why you need squad depth.

We only have ourselves to blame.

ADMIN: post edited for possible libel reasons.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: