Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham prematch and matchday thread  (Read 28055 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:52:03 »

Thought the runner was Darcy
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:52:58 »

It was.
No way Austin is getting in that position from our penalty area that quickly, he could barely move.  Cheesy
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 08:56:31 »

My bad 🙈
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:29:19 »

Point each probably a fair result. Without meaning to lay into Lindsey too much still, the marked difference between his regime and whatever we’ve got now, was that even at 3-1 down at HT, I felt confident we’d be getting something from the game in the end. Wouldn’t have had that previously.

That said I was questioning whether I’d dropped something in my pre match cuppa, first half, such were the opening 20 minutes so fucking psychedelic. The defending, the penalty given for being smashed in the face at point blank range, the formation with a midfield of Khan and…..Khan? Absolute madness all round. Glad we changed it soon after but that was a pretty criminal set up giving a team we should be beating at home a 2 goal head start.

At least it was exciting.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:30:58 »

Another 20+ shots game, a big positive.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #455 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:18:47 »

Another 20+ shots game, a big positive.
8 were probably from Charlie alone getting his head to crosses Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:27:26 »

The biggest positive for me yesterday was Austin's second goal. His movement in getting in front of his man and the finish.
We have the best striker in the division, now let's hope Morris sorts out the obvious shortcomings and we are going up.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:58:38 »

cone on bamboo, it's just gunning code for I'm not answering that

He answered it by not answering it.  Smiley

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 08:56:04 »

Fun fact, Charlie Austin is now tied 4th for our top scorer of the season after two games:

Williams 8
Jephcott/Wakeling 5
Darcy/Shade/Austin 3

Also on Jephcott and Wakeling - neither have scored since November 12th (Wakeling) or October 29th (Jephcott).

Austin is clear as our top scorer in the last three months, despite playing two games in that period. Lavinier and Williams have two each.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #459 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 09:44:04 »

Shambolic defending coupled in with some rotten officiating in the first 20. Wasn’t shocked mind you, we had the same ref forest green away last season and he was just as shit towards us.

Brennan bullied the entire game. Far too weak. FBT my MOM - brilliant. Need a left back with a left foot ideally. Iandolo fucking shite, be unreal business to sell him and get somehow get money. Easily replaced. Sentiment the only thing with him now and sandro has zero time for that. Khan a great player, but he’ll never played above League 1. He’s got no fucking brain, second time this season, and he’s been close to a double yellow in other games. Hepburn Murphy brilliant assist but criminal not to square. Cain looked good

Crying out for centre halves. Need two, 1 replacement and 1 extra body. Gladwin replacement and another 1 or 2 needed imo. If they flog Williams….. wow. Surely not.
Agree with all of this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 09:50:19 »

Well that was a match and a half!

Quick start, shambles defending and I couldnt believe he gave a pen for that, you could see it from space, that was terrible.

3-1 down and i thought that was that, they would spoil and hand on.

Pen for us was a leveller...never.

Could of won it.

Lets get the new Manager in, players in and out and go again v the Taffs.

One thing is for sure, two games on the bounce and i have left the CG having been excited a welcome change to the turgid stuff we were having to endure.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 10:04:07 »

Did anyone leave at half time?  Hmmm
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 10:30:43 »

4:1 and i would of hit the pub...again.

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 10:33:32 »

I'm never too hard to convince to go back to the pub when things are fucking shit, but its more about the performance and how we're looking.

I always thought we looked the better side, it was just a question of time. One bad defensive mistake and then absolutely royally fucked in the ass by the officials and suddenly we're 3-1 down.

I was always confident we'd score, it was just a case of if it was a consolation, a draw or a win as long we didn't go and do something silly at the back again.

It was more encouraging than a lot of Lindseys wins.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 10:56:29 »

He may have missed but, if it was criminal to shoot, I wonder what pelters DHM would have taken had he opted out of shooting and passed instead to Darcy without a goal resulting?

A perfect pass - and with no chance of interception - would not have been materially easier than shooting.  Credit to the other Morris, the Gills keeper, for a great save and also positioning.  

Tbf, Messi would have feinted to pass to Darcy on his right and taken it round the keeper the other way and slid it into an empty net.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 30, 2023, 10:59:00 by RedRag » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: