Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham prematch and matchday thread  (Read 28723 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:49:03 »

Did well to get a point after that awful first half. In some ways, Morris would have learned more from that than if we had fannied around for a 1-0 win. Glaringly obvious where our strengths and weaknesses lay.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:49:26 »

credit where it's due - totally changed the game with the subs after the first half selection cock up.

did think it was risky leaving khan on, but he's key I suppose.

RHM ... oh the chance

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:50:28 »

Like I know I don’t have all the facts and him not being there today could be 2+2=5
…but…I get selling Reed. I can even understand selling Gladwin. They’ve been bit part players this season at best and both have 6 months left on their contract. I can see the logical in selling them.

I can not fathom why we would want rid of MacDonald? He’s featured when not injured and he provides a skill set the rest of our current defenders don’t. Even if the direct choice was between him and FBT I think FBTs skill set would be easier to replace.

Just throwing out names to illustrate the point but I’d rather lose FBT but get Tomlinson in & keep MacDonald than say keep FBT at the expense of MacDonald. Feel he would be harder to replace.
A Grimsby fan who knows someone close to Macdonald says he’s on £4500 pw. Maybe that’s the answer.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #378 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:52:08 »

Like I know I don’t have all the facts and him not being there today could be 2+2=5
…but…I get selling Reed. I can even understand selling Gladwin. They’ve been bit part players this season at best and both have 6 months left on their contract. I can see the logical in selling them.

I can not fathom why we would want rid of MacDonald? He’s featured when not injured and he provides a skill set the rest of our current defenders don’t. Even if the direct choice was between him and FBT I think FBTs skill set would be easier to replace.

Just throwing out names to illustrate the point but I’d rather lose FBT but get Tomlinson in & keep MacDonald than say keep FBT at the expense of MacDonald. Feel he would be harder to replace.
From what I have been told MacDonald wants to move back closer to his Yorkshire home and most of the motivation is said to be financial, mostly on his part I understand.

A Grimsby fan who knows someone close to Macdonald says he’s on £4500 pw. Maybe that’s the answer.
He is absolutely not on anywhere near that amount.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:55:49 »

Frustrating in the end but will take the point. Without the tactical naivety of the first half should have been a comfortable win.

Cain looked decent and Minturn deserves a chance ahead of Brennan for me.

RHM guilt edge chance aside is a waste of a wage isn’t he, literally can’t go a game without injury and looked like his hamstring again. Khan deserves a decent fine, doing that just after we equalised is unforgivable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:56:52 »

I thought RHM was cramp.

was it his cross for the equaliser?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:58:05 »

I thought RHM was cramp.

He was reduced to only being able to walk 5 minutes before he went down.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #382 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:58:14 »

I thought RHM was cramp.

It was cramp at the end. And yes his cross made the 3rd.

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:58:44 »

it's annoying because Khan actually goes to pull out of the challenge and then still can't resist brushing his arm against the players back at the last second.

It's soft but the risk you take. He's a walking red card but when he's left all alone in midfield for the 1st half is it any surprise?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 16:59:27 »

I can’t imagine the issue is his wages being too much. We signed him to his contract. Be utterly bizarre to sign a player and 6 months later decide we can’t afford him. It’s not like it’s even a contract from a previous regime.

From what I have been told MacDonald wants to move back closer to his Yorkshire home and most of the motivation is said to be financial, mostly on his part I understand.
He is absolutely not on anywhere near that amount.

I can fully understand and appreciate that but firstly I’m sure he knew where Swindon was before he signed for us & if he didn’t more fool him for not checking!

Secondly, might be harsh on my part but just because he wants to move further up north doesn’t mean we have to accommodate that at the expense of our team.

Lastly, I remember when Wellens wanted to move back closer to home. Wife must have done his head in because he now manages Leyton Orient which is even further away!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #385 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:01:51 »

I agree, maybe he just hasnt settled in the area too. That part I have no idea about, but he was quick enough to sign for us and on the wages he was offered, seems to have changed recently though for whatever reason.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:03:53 »

Gunning says he doesnt know why Macdonald wasnt in the squad

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:04:06 »

He’s had nothing but pelters on here. Now people are moaning that he’s going.

As with all transfers, let’s see who his replacement will be.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:06:13 »

Gav Gunning 🤣🤣🤣

He's just confirmed MacDonald is off by not answering why he wasn't in the squad.

But he did it so Gunning style

why is he not in the squad? dunno
but.. you pick the squad?.. thank you
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 17:07:05 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
He’s had nothing but pelters on here. Now people are moaning that he’s going.

As with all transfers, let’s see who his replacement will be.

I've not given peleters. ok to be disappointed?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: