Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20762 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 13:08:52 »

Interesting stats for Darcy last night
32 passes of which 28 were successful giving him a pass completion rate of 90.6%
2 shots on target (one blocked,one saved)
5 tackles won
2 headers won.
I suppose stats can be misleading but I don't think he was as bad as all that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DMC

« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 13:16:20 »

top 3 goals per minute are

Tomlinson
Austin
McKirdy

All players that have only been here a tiny portion of the season.
1 assist from Williams is a disgrace tbh
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 13:55:24 »

Did it start going wrong when we sold Mcirdy and didn't replace him with an adequate replacement - that spoke volumes about our recruitment, even though he wanted to go we should have had a suitable replacement lined up knowing there was the big risk he would be gone
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 13:59:43 »

Did it start going wrong when we sold Mcirdy and didn't replace him with an adequate replacement

I think that was Jephcott, but clearly not worked out. Not as a like-for-like but as a goal scorer.
Gloucester Reds

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 14:19:05 »

Last night as has been stated on several posts was two mid table sides going through the motions and if you were a neutral you would be disgusted for the 800/900 travelling fans having to witness the lack of oomph in the side.
Two things summed up last night for me -
1) when we had a free kick, throw in or corner in the second half our ‘fans’ chanting back to Brynn, back to Brynn
2) bloke stood next to my Son and I when we defended a corner at the end of the first half shouted out to Johnny Williams “ Johnny you’re captain tell the whole team and the coaches you won’t get a bloody nose bleed by playing in their half”
Same final comment as Saturday - disappointing………
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 00:11:28 »

Similar view here.
rather than division 4 footballers on a muddy field in Calne who go straight home afterwards and probably stop for a meal deal from Tesco’s on the way…

Don't be fucking silly. The club asks someone like you or I to pick the meal deals up for free with no specific courier/reward insurance and deliver them to the relatively privileged souls.

All the while someone tries to carve out a football career, loaded with false promises and bullshit on a dried out yellowed field in Karachi. Zav/Xav would probably have more luck harvesting poppies than he would trying to harvest the bountiful talents of Pakistan's youth and whatever motivations led him to select that part of the world in the first place...where next when this project ''fails''? A project in Colombia...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 10:30:33 »

Been off poorly but did watch the game online.

My summary:

Two reasonable sides that arent going up and arent going down...

The play was congested and at times it looked like 15 a side on a primary school pitch.

STILL tapped it around at the back too much for me.

Pitch was shit.

Both teams scoring one of their chances would of been a better result for the fans that attended.

Cain did well when he came on.

Deserved draw for both sides.....not quite a mid table bore draw BUT im sure we will be witnessing a few more like this.

Sigh!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: