Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20782 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 10:29:33 »

Austin has suffered in the same way as Jephcott suffered. Lack of supply.

He's missed a couple. But who doesn't. The issue is if that's your only chance in a game.

This is going to be controversial, but while Morris is building to "his way", is that the best way for the players we have *this season*?

I think no. But I suspect it doesn't matter. We aren't good enough to go up, so may as well start the change to where we want to be sooner rather than later.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 10:44:08 »

Austin and Jeffcott both have good scoring records. The common dominator in why they're not playing well is the team they're playing in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 10:50:25 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swindon-town/top-scorers

FYI

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMC

« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 10:51:40 »

Man fans thought us signing Austin that he would be our saviour and score loads of goals.

How wrong. Could we have done better? Maybe.

The team is clearly low on confidence. A lot of very poor passes last night, lack of communication and lack of leadership across the board.

Not sure what the answer is to be honest.
Better players is the answer simple as that. When the players get the supply right Players like Austin and Jephcott have shown they score. Obviously they have missed a few but not loads, i am struggling to think of loads of chances they have missed.  

Last night infact was a game that summed it up perfectly..When Austin was on the bench there were 4 crosses in about 1o minutes, then nothing when he came on. Hutton and Wakelins final ball last night was absolutely horrific
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 10:56:53 »

Better players is the answer simple as that. When the players get the supply right Players like Austin and Jephcott have shown they score. Obviously they have missed a few but not loads, i am struggling to think of loads of chances they have missed. 

Last night infact was a game that summed it up perfectly..When Austin was on the bench there were 4 crosses in about 1o minutes, then nothing when he came on. Hutton and Wakelins final ball last night was absolutely horrific

That over-hit attempted first time cross from Hutton after a really good move, when he had loads of time and space to take a touch or even drive into the box, was borderline criminal! His form has really collapsed. Needs some time out of the team once the left back treatment room starts discharging its inmates.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:00:42 »

People can moan, and rightly it seems, about the game last night, but - in the scheme of things we gained a point on both Sutton and Mansfailed, a couple of the teams we need to overtake to make 7th. Strangely, reading reports from all the fans of clubs that played last night every single one of them said their game was dire. We are not alone!

I haven’t given up all hope, mainly because more than a few above us ain’t great shakes. Get Khan back, FBT and Tomlinson and that’s a good improvement on last night already. Problem is we are running out of games and unsure how long the latter 2 are likely to be out for.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:04:02 »

After watching last nights game it was clear that the current STFC team is so far away from the team that Wellens gelled together in the promotion year..
For example, just comparing Yeates and Doyle to Wakelin and Jephcott. There is such a difference in determination and skill level.
Last night we were just pathetic against a team so low on confidence we should have beaten them easily.
The reality is Town could have lost  !!!  
Over 1000 away supporters still travelled and surely the team could have given a far better performance.
 Bad Mood    

MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:11:39 »

Dross. Fucking dross. Back line solid  against an attack offering nothing. Mceachran some player, didn’t even need anonymous darcy, JMc did the job of both. As for darcy, I still have no idea what he offers, or what he’s good at, he can’t pass, tackle, head and has no turn of a pace - just plays like a weasel chasing a shadow. Shade- I thought was turning a corner with his sub cameos, think he should stick to those, better when he’s free roaming, offers nothing when he starts- Manny Monthe had a very easy night. Enjoy Williams whilst he’s here because he ain’t staying is he 😭. Wakeling is an asset for sure, and the fact he’s on 7 odd goals and assists individually is extremely encouraging, but he’s far from being where we need him imo, wasted a lot on the wing yesterday. surprised to see Jephcott. We didn’t try win the game till last few mins- bizarre. Atmosphere not great from either end- pitch action didn’t help. Left after the Austin miss so no idea what sort of reception players got.

1000 odd supporters is a unreal turnout, this club doesn’t deserve it. Just hope Morris gets backed. Still confident he’s the right man for the job next season. This season has been a fucking sham, top to bottom.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:18:49 »

1000 odd supporters is an unreal turnout, this club doesn’t deserve it.

Officially 883, which means almost 140 didn’t bother, obviously knew what dross was going to be served up.

The worrying thing is that we seem to have reverted to playing well against the better sides and poorly against the crap ones. Another similarity to the Wellens team
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:33:36 »

We are crap.   The players know it, the manager knows it, the fans know it.

Our plan to score still remains the same as it was at the start of the season.  Get it out to Hutton and cross into an empty box, there's just no variety.

We're also hopeless at set pieces and I'm pretty sure we haven't scored a corner this season (We must have had 200 odd by this stage), our attacking free kicks go to Brynn far more often than the oppo keeper, yet other teams score both regularly.

It's turgid stuff and one of the worst seasons in our history.
Sadly it was foreseeable in the summer.   An inexperienced manager/coach with an inexperienced DOF was never going to work.   Awful squad build, playing style, tactics etc, no flair or discipline.   Just nothing.

On the plus side we haven't been relegated and we can't be this shit next season

I agree with this.

And yet, despite all the above, we have still been largely in the mix for a playoff spot all season.

Which just goes to show, you only need to be slightly above 'crap' to get out of this league.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:45:22 »

Officially 883, which means almost 140 didn’t bother, obviously knew what dross was going to be served up.

The worrying thing is that we seem to have reverted to playing well against the better sides and poorly against the crap ones. Another similarity to the Wellens team

Fair play to them, wish I did the same 😂.
DMC

« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:47:28 »

Fair play to them, wish I did the same 😂.
Ha yeah that was me in the end. Far too busy and just think theres a few going through the motions already now. Problem is for me it is our better players, Hutton Williams and even Brynn have been a shadow of their early season form
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:49:45 »

Even the early Austin bounce had disappeared and can't put that all down to injuries.
No doubts it's a learning curve for Morris plus a frustrating one as he's always worked with players with more quality and academy players who are taught from a young age and understand the possession game.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 12:06:27 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 12:06:17 »

top 3 goals per minute are

Tomlinson
Austin
McKirdy

All players that have only been here a tiny portion of the season.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 12:51:21 »

Even the early Austin bounce had disappeared and can't put that all down to injuries.
No doubts it's a learning curve for Morris plus a frustrating one as he's always worked with players with more quality and academy players who are taught from a young age and understand the possession game.

Didn't the early Austin bounce coincide with the halcyon buccaneering days of Mad Gav?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: