Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 21574 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 12:07:14 »

Totally agree on all of that, yet on Saturday when we shanged to a back 4 we looked way more threatening, but its just not Morris's style.

I also think a 4231 gets Austin and Williams in their best positions & the 3 should provide the legs to do a lot of the pressing meaning less ‘donkey’ work for Austin - as that never has been his game.

Also think we have a lot of players who can be dangerous in the wide positions of the 3: RHM, Wakeling, Williams, Shade, Darcy - even the likes of Hutton, Lavinier and Tomlinson could do jobs in those positions if available players allowed it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 12:13:18 »

I can only imagine the 3-5-2 is preferred, or variations of it, because the midfield is so paperweight and a lack of street smart Centre Back's up until now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 12:18:49 »

All the more reason to in effect I split your midfield in two and have 2 holders 3 attackers imo
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 12:21:06 »

You've got to think that 4 left backs in the treatment room are a factor in going with 352 as well!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 13:54:28 »

It doesn't help that we have zero aerial ability in midfield, which has been a bugbear of mine for about a decade! Therefore Austin drops back to try and win flick ons, as he did for our goal against Orient, but it leaves us with nothing up top as he isn't going to be doing a lung buster late run into the box at his stage of life. Our midfield largely look like extras from the Hobbit, which is why in time a Clayton or a Brewitt might be an option in there but clearly they are required elsewhere for now as discussed!
Can't agree with that,Williams and McEachren have tons of ability in my opinion.
Don't get the anti-Williams feeling that's creeping in. We'd be probably fighting the drop without his contributions this season. When he was away we gained1point and scored 1 goal. For me,in terms of ability,he is the best player we have and so far McEachran is not far behind
« Last Edit: Monday, March 13, 2023, 13:58:09 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 13:57:30 »

There’s no anti Williams at all. I just don’t think he’ll be here next season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 13:59:30 »

There's quite a bit over the last couple of weeks,not by you but by several others who say we should get shot of him or at least leave him out. The post I quoted by inference,said he has "zero ability"

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:02:56 »

I think you've missed the crucial word "aerial" before ability, which is probably less controversial?

McEachran's defensive ability/physicality on the ground is actually much better than you'd imagine- Williams is as much use as a wet towel off the ball, but I wouldn't lump the two together. McEachran is a right little wasp pressuring people for the ball. Less use in the air for sure though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #83 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:04:53 »

There has been a bit recently from several posters suggesting letting him move on to save wages etc.

I personally don't agree I hope we keep him but a fair few fans don't seem as keen to keep him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:05:31 »

I'm a massive fan of both of them. Aerial was the key word!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:06:22 »

There has been a bit recently from several posters suggesting letting him move on to save wages etc.

I personally don't agree I hope we keep him but a fair few fans don't seem as keen to keep him.

I guess nobody knows our wage structure/who gets paid what, but if Williams is our top earner (as rumours tend to suggest) then I'm not sure that's a great use of our budget. If he was on an average squad wage, I think everyone would be happy to see him stay.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:06:51 »

Absolutely which I can agree on 100% we are woeful in midfield for any high ball threatsm even our 6 foor 3 midfielder on loan from Shitty cant head a ball to save his life.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:09:09 »

Which you left out!🙂

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:10:27 »

Eh? It is there, clear as day.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:11:30 »

Eh? It is there, clear as day.