Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20781 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 22:42:01 »

On a roll, one game unbeaten.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 22:44:49 »

Agreed. This season has a similar to feel to when Wellens joined. We will have some good results between now and the end of the season. Hopefully Morris will then have a better understanding of the players he wants to keep and the areas where we need to improve.

The summer recruitment needs to match that summer rather than what we have seen the past 9/10 months.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 22:46:02 »

Probably in a minority here, seasons over. I wouldnt play the players that dont want to be here next season. Fuck em.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 22:49:40 »

Imagine Morris won't play the players he dosen't want her next season as well the ones who don't want to stay.

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 22:56:40 »

Really disappointed with that
Khan could have made a difference
Simply crap game and a crap season and another year in this crap division.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 22:57:41 »

I imagine Morris will play whoever is fit enough to play.
Which will be all of about 7 players the way we are going.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 23:04:44 »

Probably in a minority here, seasons over. I wouldnt play the players that dont want to be here next season. Fuck em.

How will Morris know though?

Let’s take Williams as an example. Does he want to be here next season? I don’t know.
Does he even know yet?
Let’s make the assumption that his desire to stay probably hinges on the term offered by ourselves and / or any other club who might be interested.
We aren’t going to know much about any of that till we’ve put an offer on the table and we’ve forced him to say yes or no….and even then a yes is still no guarantee he’ll actually signed it. As per Manny Egbo last season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 23:06:24 »

…and considering how long we take to do anything (usually badly too) behind the scenes I can’t imagine we are already at the point where we are sitting down and talking contracts with players
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 23:16:51 »

can we even afford Williams
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 23:18:12 »

And Austin

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 23:47:39 »

We we are paying them now - so we can afford them currently.

All relative to our budget and what they what in a new deal v what they earn now.
Again, which is why we probably aren’t in a position right now to start focusing on the players who will be here next season - because no one knows
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 23:55:38 by DiV » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 00:39:14 »

Better side by far on ability but that counts for not much. Positives for me,Clayton and Brewitt as a pair in a back 4. Midfield 3 impressive,Darcy moreso in second half. Williams and McEachran good throughout.
To be truthful,I'd be more worried if I was a Walsall fan on both teams showing tonight
I envy your positive thinking.   

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 04:04:43 »

A point nonetheless but that was incredibly poor. Not really much to comment on the match except it felt like a fitness match to get minutes into reserves.

Post match was even worse, the Wakeling interview sounded like a wrist slitting exercise and the Morris interview seemed like he was talking about an u23/development match; regarding thinking players put in a shift like Shade and Jephcott...I understand that it was great several players got another bunch of minutes in the bag but it almost feels like Morris has accepted defeat and mid-table mediocrity for this season already.

I am sure he doesn't want to be the manager with potentially Town's lowest league finish but when his hands have been tied in such a physically unyielding way then I guess it can drain any positivity he may have. It's getting close to hilarity stage and I await the post match interviews where Morris just laughs because it'll be harder to cry or be upset at that point.

============================================================
The following is largely me projecting outcomes of Town's final games of the season and are full of conjecture. If you don't want to read it, then absolutely by no means don't - either way, you won't get the time back via whatever else you do Cheesy
Please move on but I know some people will indeed be interested and since this match was so shite, it seems like an ok place to extend upon and continue the matchday fred without really derailing anything - since the match has finished and there's not a lot to discuss about such a dull match.
============================================================

With upcoming fixtures it could be some welcome positivity but Rochdale and Hartlepool will likely be false dawns with a tough Stockport wedged in between (no doubt Town will end up getting something out of it), so Town could have 7pts from the next 3 games. Sounds positive and they then will go into an absolute season defining ''6 pointer'' vs Mansfield. I would wager a huge guess that the winner of that fixture likely goes on and finishes in the POs; so it'll be a draw no doubt.

Trannies follow that and even if Town have gone something like WDWD, with possibly at that stage, an opportunity to break into the final PO spot - they would probably lose in glorious Town fashion. Yet the hope would still be there with just 6 games to play.

Barrow next and although a potential banana skin, I have the inkling Town would win this but it would become their next ''6 pointer'' and things would look rosy-ish with the POs again at Towns mercy before...

Another ''6 pointer'' in Bradford. However if their results have ticked along nicely they could be in the unique position of not being able to obtain autos but more or less cemented a finish in 5th or 6th place. Maybe needing just a point or two to secure the POs, so Town could be in luck and nab a win but a point would seem likely.

Onto AFC Wimbledon or whatever their name is, just Wimbledon possibly but never MK. With Town still giving the faithful a chance of sneaking into that final PO spot this should definitely be a fixture that Town should win. Wimbledon having nothing to play for and aspiring to everything that Town shouldn't be; in terms of mid-table mediocrity. Good for them as a phoenix club but not good enough for Town. A win is/should be a must/priority.

Then Stevenage beckons and in similar thoughts to the Bradford match, Town might play them at the ''right'' time as they will likely be in a position of already promoted/very close to sealing promotion but likely won't catch Orient. This would be the game in hand that both sides currently have over most. So it'll be good to see the picture of the table before going into the final two matches. If St Evenage are pretty much across the line then Town may be able to pinch points off teams who are effectively already on holiday/negotiating contracts/talking to other clubs etc. Hopefully fortune smiles nicely upon Town meaning somewhat of a surprise win but a point would be welcome.

Crewe. This should effectively be similar to the Wimbledon match but you just know that, with Town at this stage, potentially now in 7th spot with a win meaning something like only a point needed on the final day...Town lose. Hopefully we've been put out of our misery by then though and hope fading nightly is only associated with the album of a band that hardly anyone else will know (they're called Tellison, you really should check them out) but myself.

The final curtain call of the season - Crawley. At this stage, both teams may already have their fate sealed. Town, a middling inexperience who pass the ball a lot and Crawley, relegated back to echelons more befitting of their side and of those who jumped the ''not-so-good-but-surely-a-better-prospect-than-fucking-crawley'' ship STFC. It'll more than likely be in Reg's words 'a bit of a ''dead rubber'' maybe.' or possibly a match to see who can win ''Rookie of the Year'' - players and managers included...If though by some stretch Town do appear to be (by my audacious suggestion) in with a chance of going into the final game needing a win, I'm not even going to put myself through the potential of the nearest of misses. A win though would see Town (as loosely prophesied by myself and hopefully relegating Crawley) finish the season on 69pts and an 11 game form of WDWDL WDWDL W

It would show some kind of uptick in form did happen and even then it's not overly impressive at about 1.7ppg but impressive enough in this dogs turd of a division. 69pts might not seem like enough and seemingly 70pts would be needed for 7th spot but I feel that the former would just sneak in, by a point or even GD...In any case it would make those last 6 or 5 games interesting; especially with something definitely worth fighting for.

The question then is do Town, the fans and anyone else concerned with the fortunes of a bottom division side from Wiltshire, have any fight left in them to even want to get into the POs? If not, we might already be resigned to defeat and might it then be time to write a letter to the team (after another imperfect season).

The title of this song, will probably sum up life as a lower league football fan and the sense of repeated failure that hangs around something which we all most definitely love and yearn some level of sustained success for...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 05:50:13 »

Glad I missed this one. Sounds it was real Luther Van

Whatever happened to high tempo? Is high tempo even possible when the ethos is tippy tappy keep ball?

Not sure a clean sheet v Walsall is much to write home about either.

Athens for the weekend so Rochdale can do one as well.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 05:52:17 »

Glad I missed this one. Sounds it was real Luther Van

Whatever happened to high tempo? Is high tempo even possible when the ethos is tippy tappy keep ball?

Not sure a clean sheet v Walsall is much to write home about either.

Athens for the weekend so Rochdale can do one as well.
There was tempo. Just no quality nor attacking threat (by either team)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: