Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nigel Eady  (Read 7659 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 11:20:31 »

Not much more said, but also previously discussed here http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=55937.0

I missed that. Probably a few pages back because his name and fund is mentioned a fair bit on here.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 11:34:26 »

In fairness, it should be the Nigel Eady County Ground but also appreciate you’d forego any additional name rights sponsorship (which may or may not be quite lucrative for the club)
Instead maybe name something that will never be changed, like the supports lounge or something similar so that it will never be changed no matter what sponsorship we get rather than a stand which could feasibly attract extra finance from sponsorship deals etc.

The man definately needs something as a legacy to his name for what he has left the club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 11:36:25 »

Instead maybe name something that will never be changed, like the supports lounge or something similar so that it will never be changed no matter what sponsorship we get rather than a stand which could feasibly attract extra finance from sponsorship deals etc.

The man definately needs something as a legacy to his name for what he has left the club.

A facility within the new Town End maybe, with a plaque.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:12:04 »

I missed that. Probably a few pages back because his name and fund is mentioned a fair bit on here.

TBF it only popped up when I did a google search on the guys name. The only person who seemed to be able to get the search function to work on here was Reg when he wanted to trawl back to prove he was right and you were wrong.  Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:14:10 »

Considering all that has been said about the guy he seems to have been a pretty humble no fuss sort of bloke so whilst he undoubtedly needs to be commemorated in some manner I would suggest that it should probably be left to those who knew him (likely the Trustees) to decide the best way to honour him in a way he would have appreciated.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:32:46 »

Yeah, maybe pick from a few suggestions.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 18:22:58 »

Are the trustees family members or are they solicitor type people ?

There needs to be a lasting tribute to him, for what he has left from foundation park to the purchasing of the CG - if ever there was a fitting term for him it is legend

I wonder if the club or trust have any future plans on how to honour his legacy ?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 18:34:49 »

Forgive me if I'm wrong but was he the tall bloke who looked like a haphazard Dr.who?
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 21:09:07 »

He had a long scarf primarily red in colour. He wore red trousers and usually a light brown jacket.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 21:42:07 »

Possibly "The Nigel Eady Suite" as part of the corporate/executive boxes...when they are built...obviously with some sort of scarf wearing bust/statue in situ, looking out to the ground of course Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 21:59:08 »

Fully understand and appreciate what you’re saying but still doesn’t feel big enough to me.

Ok, it’s not exactly what’s happening but in essence he’s paying for the purchase of the CG. I would absolutely say he deserves to have the whole stadium named after him.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:32:29 »

Nigel was a very quiet reserved, unassuming gentlemen. His ‘Doctor Who’ scarf matched his red trousers.

He never missed a game.

This got me thinking and firstly any legacy clearly needs to be given the green light by the Eady Trust,  they may think naming of a stand etc might be an overblown gesture that they wouldn't be comfortable with.

As said, the guy was quiet and reserved and never missed a game. I wonder in that case, did he always sit at the same seat during matches? I'm probably not going to word this correctly and don't want to use the word 'shrine' but perhaps his seat (if he had one) along with a small area around it could be 'retired' in order to create a reserved area where he could be remembered. Perhaps his 'Dr Who' scarf could be wrapped around the seat, or some objects personal to him laid on the seat. You could remove the seats either side of it and would be 'his place' in the ground.

Probably a stupid idea but may as well put it out there.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:07:05 »

This got me thinking and firstly any legacy clearly needs to be given the green light by the Eady Trust,  they may think naming of a stand etc might be an overblown gesture that they wouldn't be comfortable with.

As said, the guy was quiet and reserved and never missed a game. I wonder in that case, did he always sit at the same seat during matches? I'm probably not going to word this correctly and don't want to use the word 'shrine' but perhaps his seat (if he had one) along with a small area around it could be 'retired' in order to create a reserved area where he could be remembered. Perhaps his 'Dr Who' scarf could be wrapped around the seat, or some objects personal to him laid on the seat. You could remove the seats either side of it and would be 'his place' in the ground.

Probably a stupid idea but may as well put it out there.

I like that idea. If he had a consistent seat, could easily just have it a different colour with his name on or something.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:14:46 »

I like that idea. If he had a consistent seat, could easily just have it a different colour with his name on or something.

Yeah something along those lines. My thinking about the seats taken away next to it, so there would be room to put up a plaque, or a picture of him next to his seat or something similar.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMC

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:25:07 »

Nice idea that
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: