Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152945 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:24:52 »

please go gently, most of us don't have an inside knowledge on what the true story is so are filling in blanks with "swindon'd truths"

Bircham is waterford
Waterford was Power
Bircham knows power

guilt by association.

mind automatically puts an 'oh shit'  link in when one may not exist.

see also: Xav Austin, Pakistan, keily appearing, etc
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:25:47 »

Just out of interest why doesn't Bircham make sense compared to Foster and Morris. I don't want him either but i can't work out why

I’d say it’s because Jody Morris is very highly thought of in the game, 8 odd years at Chelsea in charge of academy, knows how to work with young players, and been a no 2 in the premiership and championship In Chelsea and Derby, with quite a lot of Derby fans saying he was the key behind the Wembley run (similar to Luke Williams and Cooper I guess)

Foster decent record with England kids, and people probably see the success of Graham Potter and Steve Cooper, who’ve got similar backgrounds, and see it as a good fit.

Bircham? Would be a joke appointment. Jamie Day esq CV, number two to teams in the MLS, and best known for doing Jail time for being a naughty boy in the States.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:26:18 »

Just out of interest why doesn't Bircham make sense compared to Foster and Morris. I don't want him either but i can't work out why

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/marc-bircham-s-life-no-less-colourful-as-he-looks-to-turn-waterford-s-season-around-1.4570588

They may not exactly be 'best buddies' but I'd rather keep any links to Mr Power as far away from the club as possible.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:26:19 »

Just seems like he would be a bit of a car crash to me. He doesn't strike me as a manager at all.

Foster and Morris are youth coaches granted, but Foster has been involved in the England set up for a long time and Morris will have decent contacts with Chelsea, at least. I'm not sure what Bircham would bring to the table other than being Charlies mate.
DMC

« Reply #859 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:27:30 »

I’d say it’s because Jody Morris is very highly thought of in the game, 8 odd years at Chelsea in charge of academy, knows how to work with young players, and been a no 2 in the premiership and championship In Chelsea and Derby, with quite a lot of Derby fans saying he was the key behind the Wembley run (similar to Luke Williams and Cooper I guess)

Foster decent record with England kids, and people probably see the success of Graham Potter and Steve Cooper, who’ve got similar backgrounds, and see it as a good fit.

Bircham? Would be a joke appointment. Jamie Day esq CV, number two to teams in the MLS, and best known for doing Jail time for being a naughty boy in the States.
Yeah spot on i suppose, the naughty boy bit doesn't bother me as much but his CV looks better for sure. Artel for me still
DMC

« Reply #860 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:29:01 »

Just seems like he would be a bit of a car crash to me. He doesn't strike me as a manager at all.

Foster and Morris are youth coaches granted, but Foster has been involved in the England set up for a long time and Morris will have decent contacts with Chelsea, at least. I'm not sure what Bircham would bring to the table other than being Charlies mate.
Yeah i know what you mean. I think i would like a manager where we can all at least agree the appointment was made for the right reasons and not like Batch said where it leaves doubt
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:36:27 »

If its any of the 4 I've mentioned then its time to back him and get behind the team and hopefully start to build more of an atmosphere at the ground too. Real opportunity to push on from here. We're only 5 points off automatic.

If we string a run of form together we could be looking at opening The Bank when weather picks up. We're already nearing 10k home fans as it is and the football has been dire up until the last game. I can't see anyone in the run in wanting to use Stratton Bank.

Send Lindsey down with Crawley and us up final game in front of a packed house.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:37:26 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/64353402

This is an interesting read about analysis, data management in football.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:42:49 »

Artell back into 4/6 favourite. Morris out to 6/4.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:52:01 »

Clearly big reactions to every small bet.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 10:57:33 »

Artell back into 4/6 favourite. Morris out to 6/4.

Artell is, for me, the stand-out candidate. I'm surprised the appointment is taking so long to happen. It makes me feel those making the decision are going to choose someone else.
DMC

« Reply #866 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 11:21:47 »

If it was me i would be waiting for the market to shut and be lumping on everyday until  Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 11:23:45 »

Every decision the club makes takes ages for some reason. Garner confirmed as going, Lindsey confirmed as manager, Lindsey confirmed as going, Austin confirmed as signing have all been dragged out. Still no explanation why there was a media blackout before Lindsey joined Crawley. There’s a common theme here.

Organise. Brewery. A. Piss-up. Cannot.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 11:28:31 »

If it was me i would be waiting for the market to shut and be lumping on everyday until  Cheesy

If someone did that the odds would dramatically shorten or they'd stop taking bets entirely. These reactions are probably to £20 max bets soapy tit wank.

You could spread it around but not sure many are even taking bets on it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 11:29:43 »

Every decision the club makes takes ages for some reason. Garner confirmed as going, Lindsey confirmed as manager, Lindsey confirmed as going, Austin confirmed as signing have all been dragged out. Still no explanation why there was a media blackout before Lindsey joined Crawley. There’s a common theme here.

Organise. Brewery. A. Piss-up. Cannot.

They explained the legal position for the media blackout, at least as far as commenting on the situation goes.

But agree, everything is like its in slow motion and takes far too long.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: