Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153035 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:20:13 »

Adrian Forbes now "in the frame."

Development coach at Luton.
I sure his experience as stadium announcer at Norwich will prove valuable .
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:33:38 »

I suspect the club are desperate for another win tomorrow to justify appointing Gunning as boss.

Sorry but that's just how this comes across. Nothing other than a gut feeling.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:37:23 »

My feeling too. If they have, indeed, interviewed numerous candidates none of them appear good enough for SDM.
DMC

« Reply #648 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:40:40 »

That's not speculation it's a couple of pages of ranting and abuse directed at the club and poor old fucking Gav Gunning for. ...... well I've no tucking idea what for TBH.

Gunning's said he's not a candidate. The club haven't interviewed him. They've no control over what the bookies do.

This thread has degenerated into a group of moaners convincing themselves something's going to happen based on absolutely F all and the getting outraged about it.
100 percent this, will then be called a happy clapper because we are not as miserable over every decision
DMC

« Reply #649 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:43:37 »

It's not silly to feel nervous as this does have a feeling of de ja vue about it, and we as a fan base deserve to have better then the mis appointment that happened last time.

Only time will tell
Theres nervous and then there is screaming THIS IS SHIT every time a rumour comes out. I am nervous and don't want Gavin anywhere near the job but let's wait and see, it's not even been 2 weeks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:44:42 »

My thinking (based on absolutely nothing at all) Is that we are giving Gunning and co the Walsall and Stevenage games in a mini trial. If we win all 3 games then the board have a decent case to give it him full time. (or at least until the end of the season)

Alternatively, we could do what Pompey did and appoint someone completely out of left field that, to my knowledge, was never mentioned in the betting until just before he was appointed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:46:23 »

We'll you can imagine WTF you like but it seems bloody unlikely. League 2 manager salaries are really not that significant in comparison the the monies already invested to pay down debt pay transfer fees, pay wages to the likes of Johnny Williams, Charlie, Gladwin, etc. and the planned investment in the ground.

What does this board handful do to avoid fans making negative assumptions about them? Have they looked penny pinching in any other area?

The club looking for volunteers to bring lunches to player's training (to me at least) seems a bit Sunday league. Surely we can afford to pay someone living wage to do this?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:47:18 »

Agreed Bob. It will be a simple one for the club to spin too - ‘the players love playing for Gav, he has shown what he can do’ etc.

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:52:22 »

The club looking for volunteers to bring lunches to player's training (to me at least) seems a bit Sunday league. Surely we can afford to pay someone living wage to do this?

That email from the various supporters group always annoys me tbh - buy a van & get one of the youth teamers to drive it across....that's what used to happen when my mate was a youth teamer.
DMC

« Reply #654 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:52:48 »

My thinking (based on absolutely nothing at all) Is that we are giving Gunning and co the Walsall and Stevenage games in a mini trial. If we win all 3 games then the board have a decent case to give it him full time. (or at least until the end of the season)

Alternatively, we could do what Pompey did and appoint someone completely out of left field that, to my knowledge, was never mentioned in the betting until just before he was appointed.
Playing devils advocate because it is a forum, why would appointing someone who had won those 3 games be a bad thing, not for you Bob but for others. Again, i don't think he is anywhere near in the running FWIW but based on other options the club can't win.

I have seen people screaming for Artel on here saying if it isn't him the club have fucked up then on twitter yesterday there are people posting his win records telling everyone how shit he is.

As a great philosopher once said, it's not that easy it's like selling a house
DMC

« Reply #655 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:53:24 »

That email from the various supporters group always annoys me tbh - buy a van & get one of the youth teamers to drive it across....that's what used to happen when my mate was a youth teamer.
Yeah does my head in that tbf, not sure why they felt the need
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 09:06:42 »

My feeling too. If they have, indeed, interviewed numerous candidates none of them appear good enough for SDM.
My worry, completely unfounded of course, is that SDM is terrified of someone who actually knows how to run the football side of a club, because it would undermine him. But he may be able to keep a coach under control. I'm sure I'm wrong though.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 09:07:31 »

The only way we can tell if Gunning is any good is to see how he/the team reacts after a couple of defeats, how he changes things, gets the players motivated and what he's like dealing with the media etc.

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 09:12:47 »

Anyhoo, where did this latest name come from.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 09:16:45 »

Adrian Forbes now "in the frame."

Development coach at Luton.

Yes!! New name! What's the average now, 1 every < 2 days?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: