Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 154432 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:25:18 »

Whelan has some sort of contact within the club for sure. Probably not as leaky as Jewel, mind.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:32:18 »

According to Whealan, yes.
Because he has one or two things correct previously doesnt mean everything he says is true.

And I was stating specifically from "the club" not sources at the club, Clem or Sandro themselves syaing it.

We can't say "so and so" has been interviewed, we can only go by what media sources have said, they may be right they may not not, but I err towards not true in many cases as the club do not confirm it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:37:39 »

Sheridan was employed for one purpose and one purpose only. To ensure we got relegated.

He really wasn’t.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:37:47 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
Because he has one or two things correct previously doesnt mean everything he says is true

I doubt he has pulled it out of thin air. he's being fed it.. but from who?

of course it's all rumour and nothing from the club officially, nor will there be until it's announced.

the rice link I think came from the Irish side?

just like summer this. must be a week away from  declaringb Gunning was always number 1 target
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:42:46 »

I doubt he has pulled it out of thin air. he's being fed it.. but from who?

of course it's all rumour and nothing from the club officially, nor will there be until it's announced.

the rice link I think came from the Irish side?

just like summer this. must be a week away from  declaringb Gunning was always number 1 target

It does have that feel to it!!!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:42:52 »

Sheridan was employed for one purpose and one purpose only. To ensure we got relegated.

100% this. When you hear about things that were happening behind scenes with day to day running, it was obvious what LPs intentions were. He ran us into the ground and very nearly ran us out of existence.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:44:17 »

must be a week away from  declaringb Gunning was always number 1 target
You know it Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:48:34 »

Michael Appleton and David Kerslake given the boot from Blackpool
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:51:10 »

The more managers that get the boot it shortens our pool of candidates - as they may wait to see if they can land that position before committing lower down the ladder
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:56:30 »

But the sacked manager also becomes a candidate - remember that when Malpas was sacked, Danny Wilson was in employment (at Hartlepool?). He got sacked a week or two later and then we appointed him very shortly after.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 15:42:48 »

According to Whealan, yes.

Whelan has some sort of contact within the club for sure. Probably not as leaky as Jewel, mind.

The same Whelan who has confidently (as recently as yesterday I recall) said an appointment is imminent.

Because he has one or two things correct previously doesnt mean everything he says is true.

This, as I said before either the club are leaking stuff which isn't entirely correct or journos are putting 2 and 2 together and making 254. Whelan is possibly more accurate and informed than most, but thats not saying a great deal.

I still wonder whether its just the club putting out really left field suggestions, watching some of the fan base get into a right tizz over it meaning that when they do finally appoint someone who whilst competent isn't possibly isn't that inspiring, it still seems better than who was rumoured. PR101!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 15:43:37 »

For you, not the club to be fair. Maybe they think they can make it work. FWIW i want a more experienced manager, thats my preference but if they think they can employ someone and honestly believe someone like Rice,Foster etc is the way forward over Artel or Houghton then so be it. They have made it clear that any appoitment has to work to a certain model, they are not hiding anything

Why FFS?

Wellens with less than a years experience at Oldham is literally the only manager with previous managerial experience to win anything, with Swindon since  I was a baby. You have to go back to the AI cup win in 1970 under Fred Ford to find any success under an "experienced" manager.

Sturrock managing to keep us in third place to get promotion from L2 with what was largely  Wise and Poyet's  team is the best anyone with "experience" has done other than that.

If you have to have experience then Garner is out of work, is a known quantity, knows the club, and is our only manager in the last decade to manage a full season with a win ratio over 45% with a record of P56, W28, D12, L16. (50%)

..never go back.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 15:46:48 »

If you're setting the bar for success high enough for Sturrock and Wilson not to meet it, you're not going to enjoy much of Swindon Town FC. Even King had spells of success, even if he wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Ultimately there are plenty of examples of experienced managers who have and haven't worked, inexperienced managers who have and haven't worked and everything in between.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 15:48:37 »

The more managers that get the boot it shortens our pool of candidates - as they may wait to see if they can land that position before committing lower down the ladder

This sounds like having a pop at the club, but most of the managers we've been linked to won't be in the running at most higher league clubs (e.g. Blackpool. and yes IMO). Maybe lower league clubs also go down the U23 type coach route - but surely we are competitive with them
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 15:52:11 »

The choice of what type of manager/head coach we will end up employing will depend on whether the club thinks Garner and Lindsey were seen as successful as far as the ‘model’ goes. A lot of people think Lindsey was on the brink of the sack - the faffing about seeking his replacement casts doubt on that.

I’m struggling to see how Lindsey thought a move to Crawley was a good move for him.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: