Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153049 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 11:15:07 »

I know it may upset a few but maybe they just want to wait until Monday. I know we want answers now but let's just wait and see

Monday is fine(ish). Later than that and surely it'll hamper last minute recruitment. Surely players want to know who they are playing for - or do they?
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 11:18:07 »

I think (and their is no knowledge here) that the club have learnt with the Austin story breaking out, that they just being really careful about what is being released/leaked.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 12:42:34 »

Swings and roundabouts isn't it?

If it is Jody Morris and whoever the assistant is, I can definitely see the benefit in announcing it Saturday morning, bring them onto the pitch before the game etc and really feed the positive vibes of the fans.

My niggling concern is that Jody Morris is a 'relatively' big name in football terms and yet the only actual reports of him being in line for the job has been on whatever website Ryan Whelan gives information to and the Adver and the Derby telegraph. (which is just a lift and shift job) You would have thought it might have been worth column inches in some of the national press, and from what I have (or haven't) seen is any reporting at all about him? Not even Sky Sports News that usually have a 'breaking news' ticker if an ex-premier league player does anything even remotely interesting.

Perhaps I'm being totally naieve/conspiratorial here.

Agree about lack of other coverage from serious sources, although Whelan has been spot on recently.

If it were a done deal you'd have thought announcing asap would be a shot in the arm for the fanbase and get more bums on seats for tomorrow, and ultimately more cash for the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 13:01:33 »

Surely Jody Morris isn't such a big name that the nationals would be interested until after the fact.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1084 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 13:08:44 »

Surely Jody Morris isn't such a big name that the nationals would be interested until after the fact.
Maybe or maybe not....

Linked to the Cardiff job a few months ago.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-chelsea-coach-jody-morris-25072379

Linked to the WBA job a few months ago.
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jody-morris-update-emerges-amid-west-bromwich-albion-links/

Linked to the Swansea job a few months ago.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12366228/swansea-jody-morris-in-talks-over-managers-job-with-mk-dons-boss-russell-martin-also-in-frame

Some more about him.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jody-morris-interview-chelsea-lampard-27908502

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/would-be-an-intriguing-appointment-former-chelsea-man-set-for-swindon-town-managerial-vacancy-the-verdict/ar-AA16JA7r

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-jody-morris-lampard-8076926

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 13:35:25 »

Perhaps its more like Swindon Town aren't such a big name that the nationals would be interested until after the fact.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 13:44:52 »

Perhaps its more like Swindon Town aren't such a big name that the nationals would be interested until after the fact.

Maybe
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 20:32:42 »

As it happens I'm in hospitality tomorrow.

A bit of digging, Eddie Newton. Currently at Chelsea, very highly rated in the game and seems to follow Jody Morris at previous clubs. This is me guessing btw

Will keep an eye out.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 21:17:32 »

I guess we just see who’s sat with Clem.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 08:11:05 »

Could it be . . .

‘ Swindon Town are set to announce the appointment new manager Jody Morris today after the departure of Scott Lindsey to Crawley Town TheRealEFL understands. The Robins have secured their target.

The search has been ongoing for weeks with Technical Director Sandro Di Michele conducting the search who is understood to be instrumental and the reason behind Morris’ decision to drop into League Two. The new manager was thought to be impressed by the club’s vision and ambition to push for promotion. Morris was the clear stand out candidate from the beginning but was thought to be unobtainable.

A huge number of interviews were conducted with the club keen to make the right appointment rather than just a quick one.

Morris is incredibly well respected in the coaching world having worked at Chelsea and Derby under Frank Lampard. Morris’ choice of assistant manager is set however negotiations are still ongoing but the club are confident in securing the number 2 in the near future as compensation packages are agreed.

The former Chelsea Coachwill take charge of training next week ahead of the end of the transfer window, but has been discussing with the club targets and plans for the end of the window.

Our View

I didn’t believe Jody would come to a League Two club, when I heard the club were trying to secure his signature I thought it was a waste of time! But here we are 927 weeks after we announced Lindsey would be going to Crawley with Morris set to take charge.

Exciting times, Morris in the dugout and Austin leading the line.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 08:17:03 »

Could it be . . .

The search has been ongoing for weeks with Technical Director Sandro Di Michele conducting the search who is understood to be instrumental and the reason behind Morris’ decision to drop into League Two. The new manager was thought to be impressed by the club’s vision and ambition to push for promotion. Morris was the clear stand out candidate from the beginning but was thought to be unobtainable.

Sounds like Sandro wanted some positive headlines, assuming he is the 'source' then. 

Great news to have it sorted - when it gets announced.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 08:18:03 »

Reckon a lunchtime announcement & then introduced to the crowd before the game .
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 08:51:26 »

Quite excited about this one.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 08:55:25 »

No guarantees, obviously, but it is a ‘proper’ appointment. Presuming Morris must have some sort of guarantee from Sandra regarding the quality of recruitment. The last few knocking of this window should be a pointer.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 09:01:37 »

Well happy with this
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: