Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 29112 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:51:36 »

what's Shaun Taylor up to at the moment ?

I imagine him retired at home on the South Coast, hammering fence posts in, for his garden remodel, with his head.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:52:27 »

Cheesy
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:53:42 »

Some could argue Sheridan was very passionate - shit, but passionate, a cunt but passionate.

No he was just a cunt.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:07:34 »

I'm hearing Joe montemurro
[/quo0te]

Interesting idea, if you are not having us on...Arsenal Women were very successful under his leadership; and Tom Hartley,  now leading Swindon Women, worked with him.

Just what I'm hearing, he's an Aussie too
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:18:49 »

Wouldn't mind Colin Calderwood, I think he's assistant at Northampton at the moment, so he may fancy being the big dog at again

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:21:26 »

If we want to go for young guns who are Swindon to the core, maybe go for pierce sweeney and Kieron Freeman as a player manager duo
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:27:43 »

Just what I'm hearing, he's an Aussie too

Genuinely hearing or just hearing based on their both Aussies so there must be a link there.

Going forward, considering how many well paid coaching position there are at the bigger clubs (hence the whole Crofts staying at Brighton thing) and a lot more media / punditry work available for the ex pros maybe the women’s game is the place to look?

I imagine the women’s game is still at the stage where a L2 managers job would be more beneficial financially than managing a women’s team probably with more media exposure and a more sturdy stepping stone.

Not adverse to the idea tbh.

Anything but another academy coach.
Want someone whose prior experience in football involved results mattering
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:29:23 »

He's the manager of Juventus women, I'd be surprised if that isn't a higher paid job than STFC. There's no depth in the professional women's game, but there's money around at the top. It's certainly a job which feels like it'll be much higher paid than STFC in five years time!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:36:19 »

He's the manager of Juventus women, I'd be surprised if that isn't a higher paid job than STFC. There's no depth in the professional women's game, but there's money around at the top. It's certainly a job which feels like it'll be much higher paid than STFC in five years time!

Perhaps you are right but for arguments sake.
If he (or anyone else from the women’s game) can in (to any FL club) and did well enough - in 5 years time they could be managing in Premier League - which would obviously be more lucrative.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:37:18 »

If we want to go for young guns who are Swindon to the core, maybe go for pierce sweeney and Kieron Freeman as a player manager duo

Both tick the 'experience right back' box too. Think you're onto a winner here.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:40:02 »

Both tick the 'experience right back' box too. Think you're onto a winner here.

Milan Missing as coach!
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 20:49:11 »

Dave mitchell the bearded wonder.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 21:03:09 »

You would be surprised. Most players even at the top clubs top out at £75k or so. So the gap between salaries at top WSL clubs and Juves women's team and ours might not be so huge.

..never go back.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 21:13:23 »

You would be surprised. Most players even at the top clubs top out at £75k or so. So the gap between salaries at top WSL clubs and Juves women's team and ours might not be so huge.

He's way off. The money in womens' football is atrocious, even the wider coaching staff who are at men's Prem clubs, top sides like man City included, is surprisingly low compared to the huge sums first team coaches earn and then first team assistants as such. That comparison runs throughout the divisions.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 21:36:47 »

I think the real.problem for him would be expectations and culture shock. He's used to top class facilities and winning week in week out. Trophies almost every season and a win percentage of 75% plus for the last 7 years.

I guess he might fancy a challenge but League 2 away to Newport County in February is likely to be a bit of a come down.

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: