Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sol Brynn  (Read 4111 times)
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 09:12:21 »

I did note that when asked what his long term ambitions were in his recent interview he said he hoped he would be Middlesborough's number within a year. Can't blame him for being ambitious, he has the talent and he clearly thinks his future is with his parent club.
I have a feeling it's going to be a bit like last season where we are unable to keep our better loan players. At least we went out of the FA Cup early this time.   

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 09:15:24 »

Hometown club, can't see him wanting to leave, especially now they're on the up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 09:29:51 »

Quote from: Lardy Cake
I have a feeling it's going to be a bit like last season where we are unable to keep our better loan players. At least we went out of the FA Cup early this time.   

This time though we only have FBT and Brynn as key loans. And I'm hopeful of keeping Brynn for the season

Brennan would be less of a loss simply because he's behind MacDonald and Clayton unless Lindsey insists on playing 3 at the back.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 11:34:49 »

Hometown club, can't see him wanting to leave, especially now they're on the up.
Well, yes and no.

I’m sure if Middlesbrough go up there’s no way Brynn would be their No. 1. And I’d hazard a guess that if they go might close but fall short, he won’t be in the next Championship season.

If we don’t go up, he’ll be loaned out to a L1 club to progress.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 12:54:10 »

Just had a look at Middlesbrough's current stock of goalkeepers.
Their current first choice is American Zac Steffen who is on a season long loan from Man City. Second choice is ex Northampton Town keeper Liam Roberts who signed for them at the start of this season and has made 5 appearances so far. Luke Daniels, ex Brentford, is 18 months into a two year contract and would seem to be their third choice keeper but he hasn't made any appearances for them as yet. It appears that ex QPR keeper Joe Lumley was well out of favour last season and was loaned out to Reading for the season but he seems to be doing much better having appeared 22 times for them already this season.

With that sort of competition I can only see Sol Brynn being loaned out again next season to a League One club.
Bearing in mind how many players from our squad last season are now playing in higher leagues I do wonder how much better our player retention would be if we actually got promoted.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 13:11:02 »

I dont think we have a snowballs chance in hell of signing Sol Brynn on a perm deal.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 13:32:24 »

He must be on the radar of big league one clubs.

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:16:47 »

I dont think we have a snowballs chance in hell of signing Sol Brynn on a perm deal.
Nor do I.

But, its quite reassuring that we have been able to either loan or obtain some pretty good keepers in the last few years. The only anomaly being Kovar and a few of the other 6-7 that year. Having said that, some were quite good!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:21:13 »

Thought the same about Fods all those years ago.
Ultimately I guess it depends on how his parent club rate him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:30:22 »

Nor do I.

But, its quite reassuring that we have been able to either loan or obtain some pretty good keepers in the last few years. The only anomaly being Kovar and a few of the other 6-7 that year. Having said that, some were quite good!
I draw your attention to these stars of the last 4/5 years at Swindon in goal to add to Kovar.
Reice Charles-Cook, Stuart Moore, Joe Fryer, Connal Trueman & Manny Idem.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:31:27 »

Thought the same about Fods all those years ago.
Ultimately I guess it depends on how his parent club rate him.
I don't think Fods was as highly regarded by Palace as Brynn is by Middlesborugh TBF, but yes stranger things have happened.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:37:10 »

I draw your attention to these stars of the last 4/5 years at Swindon in goal to add to Kovar.
Reice Charles-Cook, Stuart Moore, Joe Fryer, Connal Trueman & Manny Idem.
I was thinking more Vigouroux, Benda, McCormick, Travers, Wollacott & Ward.

Some better than others, but all were perfectly adequate lower league keepers at the time. You could potentially put Lee Camp in there as well, but, I think he was a significant step down on the other 6.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:45:27 »

I don't think Fods was as highly regarded by Palace as Brynn is by Middlesborugh TBF, but yes stranger things have happened.

I can’t imagine, you or I (or anyone) have any idea how well regarded Fods was at Palace 11/12 years ago or how well regarded Brynn is a ‘boro right this second…
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:45:51 »

I was thinking more Vigouroux, Benda, McCormick, Travers, Wollacott & Ward.

Some better than others, but all were perfectly adequate lower league keepers at the time. You could potentially put Lee Camp in there as well, but, I think he was a significant step down on the other 6.
The ones you mention are definately decent keeper but the ones I mentioned cannot be classed as anywhere near good enough for even Confernce level!

You win some you badly lose some!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 31, 2022, 14:47:40 »

How's JoJo doing at Charlton or is he still injured🤔

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: