Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 21:15:39)
Sol Brynn - 46 (69.7%)
Marcel Lavinier - 1 (1.5%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 4 (6.1%)
Angus MacDonald - 12 (18.2%)
Remeao Hutton - 0 (0%)
Saidou Khan (sub 75) - 0 (0%)
Ellis Iandolo (sub 85) - 0 (0%)
Ben Gladwin - 0 (0%)
Jonny Williams (sub 66) - 0 (0%)
Luke Jephcott (sub 66) - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade - 2 (3%)
Jacob Wakeling (on 66) - 0 (0%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 66) - 0 (0%)
Louis Reed (on 75) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (on 85) - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon MoM Thread  (Read 2738 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 07:32:40 »

Mcdonald did OK stands off a lot but does put himself about. FBT is great every game, will be a big loss when he returns to Burton next week. One of if not Shades best game for us, I've been critical of him but last night he was good. Has to be Brynn for keeping us in it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 10:18:20 »

Sol Brynn landslide, Angus MacDonald and FBT were not too far behind in a backs to the wall defence but without Brynn it would have been 5-2 or more to them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 13:51:51 »

McDonald terrible first 15-20 then immense after that. FBT and Lavinier very solid

Has to be Brynn
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 13:55:03 »

Sol Brynn landslide, Angus MacDonald and FBT were not too far behind in a backs to the wall defence but without Brynn it would have been 5-2 or more to them.

The beginning and end I agree with completely.  However, if it could, maybe should, have been 5-2 without Brynn, how can the centre backs be in the running for MotM?  I think they did well in one on one play - so when they are man for man, clearing balls etc.  I think they were far too easily pulled out of position or left their zone - something wasn't quite right  Maybe that's on the midfield as well.

Brynn by a Country Mile.
DMC

« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 14:04:19 »

The beginning and end I agree with completely.  However, if it could, maybe should, have been 5-2 without Brynn, how can the centre backs be in the running for MotM?  I think they did well in one on one play - so when they are man for man, clearing balls etc.  I think they were far too easily pulled out of position or left their zone - something wasn't quite right  Maybe that's on the midfield as well.

Brynn by a Country Mile.
Their goal summed it up perfectly. The amount of times midfield are out of position and how many tackles they lose is unreal. When being called to defend our defenders are fine they are just being outnmbered. Honestly look at their goal and chances again from last night and you'll see they are not goalside at any point of the Northampton chances. 
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 30, 2022, 14:08:38 »

Their goal summed it up perfectly. The amount of times midfield are out of position and how many tackles they lose is unreal. When being called to defend our defenders are fine they are just being outnmbered. Honestly look at their goal and chances again from last night and you'll see they are not goalside at any point of the Northampton chances. 

Fair enough - Gladwin is great for defending set pieces, which we gave a lot fo away!  But useless at tracking runs.  There was also a move in the first half where Khan had dropped right into MacDonalds zone, causing confusion and leaving a midfielder to walk into a shooting position.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: