Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26369 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 10:12:38 »

Personally I still think there is a player in Shade.

I do think he (and Lindsey) doesn't know his best position though, from what I have seen hes pretty decent when he actually gets inside the box. Hes quick and has a bit of control but can't cross to save his life and his long shots are often (but not always) well wide of the mark, or straight at the keeper.

If I were Lindsey I would try him as a 2nd striker, defenders look like they struggle to control him when he has the ball but his final ball is often a shot, that when hes wide left, is almost always on his right foot cutting inside from 20 yards or so out.

If he is closer to the goal when he shoots then I think he would at least make the keeper make the save and then Jephcott/Wakeling could pounce on any rebounds in the 6 yard box.

So I wouldn't play him wide left or right but put him right in the middle alongside Jephcott, maybe push Wakeling out a bit wider left and Hutton wide right to get balls into the box for Jeff and Shade.

Is my take on Shade.
Probably worth a try, you make a lot of valid points. He is a good option off the bench too so it’s a shame he hasn’t been available as an impact sub recently.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 10:18:24 »

I have no idea if there is a player in Shade and/or what that player might be.

I do know he’s not Iandolo though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 10:34:29 »

He must have had some talent spotted when he was 17 at Solihull Moors as he wouldn't have been picked up by Leicester as they are pretty well known for spotting talent.

He has also been an U20 international for St Kitts and Nevis, so he has something, yes they may not be the best side but it still takes a modicum of talent to be picked at any international level. He played 5 times for Saint Kitts and Nevis in the 2018 CONCACAF U-20 Championship and scored 3 goals playing as a striker.

Ty has a fair amount of height and bulk for a winger too and I think that could be utilised at attack where we are lacking height.

I understand he played for Solihull as a striker and was converted into a winger by Leicester after playing for the U23 side as a striker and scoring 7 goals in the PL2.

So being a striker is not an alien concept to him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 04:14:20 »

Andy King also had two of the best strikers in the division that season.
Obviously it wasn’t all down to them but if we’d had Mooney & Parkin upfront yesterday we’d have smashed Crewe.

exactly. players he signed without stats and money
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 07:09:34 »

Loved Kingy, fortunate to get to know him well.
Some memorable stories. Went on the beer with him once in Flitwick as he bought a pub.

Without doubt an old school Manager.😂
DMC

« Reply #335 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 10:02:19 »

We paid for Parkin and Mooney was on shit loads. Stop drinking
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 10:13:01 »

King definitely had some tight budget seasons but that really wasn't one of them. With the way the club's gone since, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Mooney is still the highest paid player we've ever had. It's an interesting one to think about. Maybe someone in the PDC season, although that was maybe more volume than one high paid player. I have a vague memory of Gary Roberts rumoured to have been on quite a lot?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 10:17:38 »

King definitely had some tight budget seasons but that really wasn't one of them. With the way the club's gone since, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Mooney is still the highest paid player we've ever had. It's an interesting one to think about. Maybe someone in the PDC season, although that was maybe more volume than one high paid player. I have a vague memory of Gary Roberts rumoured to have been on quite a lot?
How much was Mooney on? I read on here I think that we had a player on £14k per week in the PDC era. Could be true, could also be exaggeration or total bollocks.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 10:25:24 »

How much was Mooney on? I read on here I think that we had a player on £14k per week in the PDC era. Could be true, could also be exaggeration or total bollocks.

I can imagine we were paying pretty big (by ours and Div 4 standards) wages across the board in the PDC era, add to which how much we likely spuffed up the wall paying players off when numb nuts fell out with them.

I suspect its out there somewhere, but I cannot imagine PDC was working out the goodness of his heart either.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 11:47:59 »

I thought Birmingham were paying some of Mooney’s wages for that season, part of the reason he buggered off to the piss stains as we wouldn’t pay him as much or offer a longer contract
Peter Venkman

« Reply #340 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 11:57:17 »

I thought Birmingham were paying some of Mooney’s wages for that season, part of the reason he buggered off to the piss stains as we wouldn’t pay him as much or offer a longer contract
I heard this too.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 13:39:35 »

I can’t remember if Birmingham were still paying him 8k a week or he was on 8k a week (and probably still paying between 6 & 7)

Which has already been alluded to - was the reason it was a one year deal, no extension and why he didn’t stay.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 14:00:49 »

762 tickets sold for Crawley so far.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #343 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 14:18:14 »

762 tickets sold for Crawley so far.
We normally sell out there. Broke 1,000 on the last 2 occassions I think.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 14:23:52 »

I wonder what reception Dion will get.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: